State Visit from Austria - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norway's King Harald (L) and Austria's President Heinz Fischer (R) review a guard of honour during a welcoming ceremony in front of the Royal Palace in Oslo April 17, 2007. Fischer is on a three day official visit to Norway. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger (NORWAY)

Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo

Pictures on Kongehuset.no
kongehuset.no - Statsbesøk fra Østerrike
The King and the Crown Prince wear their uniforms.
Queen Sonja wears a brown coat and a matching Pillboxhat.
Crown Princess Mette-Marit wears a white coat and a big black(?) hat.

Mette-Marit and Haakon.
Yahoo! News Photo

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Mette-Marits coat from national day in 2000(!) and Maximas wedding dont seem to fit so well anymore, but since she wore a proper hat with the hair done I will live it alone:rolleyes: I dont know how many times Sonjas has worn this leather outfit, not my favourite:neutral:
http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=11572_sx16de21_122_635lo.jpg
http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09986_sx16db8f_122_966lo.jpg

are you saying that her coat is about 7 years old:ohmy: anyways, i do agree on the hat & hair, very well put together. Sonja's outfit is abit too young for her. will there be a dinner ? tiara?

MM can be every inch a lady - very nice outfit!

dazzling said:
will there be a dinner ? tiara?
There'll be a gala dinner tonight. Since this is a State Visit (and not an Official Visit or whatever) I think it will be a Tiara event. :flowers:

I hope we'll see some new dresses... but I don't think so. Both, the Queen and the Crown Princess wore new dresses at Harald's birthday and it seems the Norwegian Royal women rarely buy new galadresses. :lol:
I hope Princess Märtha-Louise will attend the gala dinner, too.

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Mette-Marits coat from national day in 2000(!) and Maximas wedding dont seem to fit so well anymore, but since she wore a proper hat with the hair done I will live it alone:rolleyes: I dont know how many times Sonjas has worn this leather outfit, not my favourite:neutral:

Well, Larzen, that´s very generous of you, that you let the CPrincess of Norway choose her outfits by herself...;)
This coat is a very elegant one and there´s no reason what so ever not to
wear a a 3rd time!
All royal persons, male or female or what country they might come from,
wear their official outfits several times - it´s nothing "typical norwegian".
And this is more than fair enough.

Austrian First Lady Margit Fischer (L) arrives with Norway's Queen Sonja at the National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design in Oslo 17 April 2007. Austrian President Heinz Fischer and his wife are on a state visit to Norway.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Gala dinner at the Royal Palace in Oslo during the Austrian state visit to Norway 17 April 2007

Queen Sonja and Heinz Fischer
It's one of my favourite dresses in Sonja's collection. This bright red colour suits her alot. ... and I simply love the Queen Maud Pearl Tiara! :flowers:

King Harald and Margrit Fischer
Margit wears black again...

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
Gala dinner at the Royal Palace in Oslo during the Austrian state visit to Norway 17 April 2007

Queen Sonja and Heinz Fischer
It's one of my favourite dresses in Sonja's collection. This bright red colour suits her alot. ... and I simply love the Queen Maud Pearl Tiara! :flowers:

i agree. she looks stunning. i mean that dress looks great on her. good choice !

kwanfan said:
ANP Beeldbank
I really like Mette-Marit's dress! Great color!

Thanks for posting, wondered where they were.
MM looks beautiful ! i thought she'd be dissapointing. is that a new dress ? its beautiful, cut & color. Like tha hair too.:flowers:

Queen Sonja close up - beautiful tiara

Program for the state visit from kongehuset.no

President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer are the guests of Their Majesties The King and Queen during their state visit to Norway 17. - 19. April.
Programme:
17 April (Oslo):

• Welcoming Ceremony in front of the Royal Palace (12:00)
  • Luncheon at the Royal Palace
  • Wreath laying ceremony at the National monument
  • President Fischer meets with the President of the Storting (Parliament), Mr. Thorbjørn Jagland and Prime Minster Mr. Jens Stoltenberg
  • Mrs. Fischer and HM The Queen visit the Kunstindustrimuseet (The Museum of Decorative Arts and Design)
  • Gala Dinner at the Royal Palace
18 April (Oslo):

• Business breakfast to be followed by a business seminar attended by HE President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer
  • HE President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer, HM The King and HM The Queen visit the National Gallery
  • HE President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer, HM The King and HM The Queen visit Stortinget Underground Station
  • Luncheon hosted by the Government
  • HE President Fischer gives a lecture at the Nobel Institute: ‘’The Dialogue of Cultures and the Idea of Peace’’
  • HE President Fischer, Mrs Fischer, HM The King and HM The Queen attend the opening of an exhibition by the Austrian painter Egon Schiele at the Munch Museum
  • Return arrangement at the Grand Hotel
19 April (Bergen):

• HE The President and HM The King visit the Oseberg Gas Platform
  • Mrs .Fischer and HM The Queen visit Hydro’s Research Centre, Sandsli
  • Luncheon hosted by the Mayor of Bergen
  • Mrs Fischer and HM The Queen visit the Lerøy fish farming site at Valestrandfossen, Osterøy
  • HE The President, HM The King, Mrs. Fischer and HM The Queen attend concert at composer Edvard Grieg’s home ‘’Troldhaugen’’

I love MM, I love green dresses.... I am very satisfied

It seemed that Princess Astrid did not attend the Banquet?However, the Queen and the Crown Princess looked great, nice choice of gala dresses.

dazzling said:
MM looks beautiful ! i thought she'd be dissapointing. is that a new dress ? its beautiful, cut & color. Like tha hair too.:flowers:

No, I don´t think it´s new. I believe it´s the one she wore for a reception
at Oslo´s townhall for the state visit of the imperial couple of Japan(?)

I´m always impressed about the youthful and fresh looks of Queen Sonja.
I am happy she chose Queen Mauds Pearl tiara this time since she doesn´t
wear it that often.

I don't know really why... but I don't like Mette's dress. (I think it's a new one, btw)
I saw some close-ups of the dress and it seems the fabrics (the green and the blue one) don't really match together.

But: I really really love Mette's hairdo! :flowers:

Large pictures without watermarks can be found here:
Side 2
(scroll down to see the gallery)

Austrian President Heinz Fischer and his wife Margit (R) smile as Norway's King Harald (C-back) and Queen Sonja chat with Norwegian school children during a visit to The Munch Room at The National Gallery in Oslo, 18 April 2007. Fischer and his wife are on an official visit to Norway which started yesterday.
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
wartenberg7 said:
dazzling said:

No, I don´t think it´s new. I believe it´s the one she wore for a reception
at Oslo´s townhall for the state visit of the imperial couple of Japan(?)

I´m always impressed about the youthful and fresh looks of Queen Sonja.
I am happy she chose Queen Mauds Pearl tiara this time since she doesn´t
wear it that often.
I don't think it's the same dress. That one was purple and layered.

Very nice dress for MM. Did Martha Louise not attend this gala dinner?

I think that whoever fitted MM's dress should be fired! (or MM has put on some weight since the fitting...). The tiara as a hairband doesn't really strike me but the dark green colour looks good on her. The Queen looks great btw, the colour suits her and the dress is gorgeous (as are the jewels).

Austrian President Heinz Fischer (R), his wife Margit (L), Norway's King Harald (1R) and Queen Sonja (1L), sit 18 April 2007 during a symbolic delivery ceremony of an underground train in Oslo. Fischer and his wife are on an official visit to Norway which started yesterday

ANP Beeldbank

(L to R) Ingrid Schulerud (wife of Norwegian Prime Minister), Austrian President's wife Margit Fischer, Austrian President Heinz Fischer, Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, and Crown Prince Haakon pose prior a luncheon hosted by the Norwegian Government at Akershus Castle in Oslo, 18 April 2007 Fischer and his wife are on an official visit to Norway which started yesterday

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Marengo said:
I think that whoever fitted MM's dress should be fired! (or MM has put on some weight since the fitting...). The tiara as a hairband doesn't really strike me but the dark green colour looks good on her. The Queen looks great btw, the colour suits her and the dress is gorgeous (as are the jewels).
Yes , I agree.
Have a look at this site: http://www.angelfire.com/la3/lone_mor/kongelige_mm_daisy.html
Scroll down to the bottomof the site and you'll find a side-view of the green dress worn by Mette-Marit. It looks much too tight! :ermm:

dazzling said:
looking at this picture, the dress doesnt seem to fit her too well, though its a beautiful color & does sui her well. a close up of Mette Marit from yesterday's dinner

Mette-Marit and Haakon
Back of the dress

Agree with you dazzling! In that picture the dress dosent fit her too well. I have to take back, what I wrote that she look beautiful in the dress. But green is a really great colour on here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom