Spanish State Visit to Norway: June 6-8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lula said:
I believe that we all have been surprised.
This tiara belongs to the Infanta Pilar, she inherited it from her mother, and she and her daughter Simoneta used it for their wedding. I believe that the Queen had not used it since she was a princess. It is something strange:confused:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158495&d=1118614377

http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glowingbride5fp.jpg
Veryyyy strange!! :confused: :confused:
So Infanta Pilar inherited it in 2000, when her mother dies? :confused:
Thanks, lula!

...JuAnItA... said:
Veryyyy strange!! :confused: :confused:
So Infanta Pilar inherited it in 2000, when her mother dies? :confused:
Thanks, lula!

I believe that yes, at least it was commenting to itself in some articles of press about the jewels of the Royal Family that were published before the wedding of the Princes. The tiara belongs to the Infanta Pilar.;)

lula said:
I believe that yes, at least it was commenting to itself in some articles of press about the jewels of the Royal Family that were published before the wedding of the Princes. The tiara belongs to the Infanta Pilar.;)
This is REALLY weird!! :confused:
Anyway, thank you very much, lula! ;) :)

When I got a look at pictures further away of Mette-Marit's gown - it was far better, in my opinion. In the close-ups I got too caught up in the pattern of the skirt, but in this: http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc154&image=26587_STATSBES_K_1326149_409445h.jpg it looked better. I don't think it is the best gown of hers but it isn't as bad as I first thought. It's neat that her purse is yellow to match her new order. The tiara situation, though... tsk... I know that Mette-Marit is tall, but considering that she's walking in with Haakon, she could well afford to wear a tiara with some height.

I do love Märtha's striped gown. She looked great in it the first time she wore it, and she looks great in it now.

mtbcm said:
I wish there were only photos of Princess Mette-Marit torso tonight :D, I love her but that below part ruined everything. She should hit the person that said it looked good :(.
I agree. The below part reminds me a tablecloth, I don't know why...:D

norwegianne said:
When I got a look at pictures further away of Mette-Marit's gown - it was far better, in my opinion. In the close-ups I got too caught up in the pattern of the skirt, but in this: http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc154&image=26587_STATSBES_K_1326149_409445h.jpg it looked better. I don't think it is the best gown of hers but it isn't as bad as I first thought. It's neat that her purse is yellow to match her new order. The tiara situation, though... tsk... I know that Mette-Marit is tall, but considering that she's walking in with Haakon, she could well afford to wear a tiara with some height.

I agree. Just notised that Mette Marits shoes and purse match her order:)

lula said:
I believe that we all have been surprised.
This tiara belongs to the Infanta Pilar, she inherited it from her mother, and she and her daughter Simoneta used it for their wedding. I believe that the Queen had not used it since she was a princess. It is something strange:confused:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158495&d=1118614377

http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glowingbride5fp.jpg
sorry lula i want to know what will happen to this beatiful tiara after infanta pilar?does it belong to her family?
thanks for the pics.i think the star of gala is queen sofia.

I really like Queen Sonja's coral suit in the daytime. It's very stylish, the details around the waist is really nice. Her gala outfit is just too much though for an older woman of her size. Queen Sofial looked great in her hat, it's a pity that she doesn't wear them more often though. She more than made up for at the gala though, she looked spectacular. Her gold suit was a bit too shiny though. Mette-Marit's coat looked great, but she
should've chosen a more richer color. Mette-Marit's looks like she's still hiding beneath her clothes. The dress is nice for a more mature woman, I can see the outfit looking great on someone like Geena Davis. Not a young woman in her early 30s.

I was quite disappointed by Martha Louise's dress. She should've worn the dress she wore to the Spanish CPly wedding, it would've been more fitting for this occasion.:D

I love how MM's dress shows off her great figure. She has the body and height of a model and she needs to show it off more. I think the dress would have been better with a different bottom for the skirt but I still really like the dress.

aryo said:
sorry lula i want to know what will happen to this beatiful tiara after infanta pilar?does it belong to her family?
thanks for the pics.i think the star of gala is queen sofia.
I think after Infanta Pilar, the tiara will belong to her daughter, Simoneta! ;)

...JuAnItA... said:
I think after Infanta Pilar, the tiara will belong to her daughter, Simoneta! ;)

The tiara belongs to the Infanta Pilar, only one gave her to her daughter for her wedding, but one did not give her forever. Since then almost it had not been used. It is strange that the Queen uses, because she have her tiaras, probably how the Infanta Pilar does not use it has decided to leave it to whom uses it. :confused: who knows?

lula said:
The tiara belongs to the Infanta Pilar, only one gave her to her daughter for her wedding, but one did not give her forever.
I was talking when Infanta Pilar dies... ;)
Then i think it will belong to Simoneta right?

I think all women looked great during the day events, though it's a little bit weird seeing Sofia in a hat (I mean, she looked well, but I'm just not used to the sight). For the State Banquet I must say that I do adore Sofia's dress, nut I don't understand one bit of the dresses of the Norwegian ladies. Beautiful tiara's though. :)

i liked the bottom part of mette marit's dress, i think it looks original and different and stylish at the same time. the upper part is what doesn't really feast my eyes. perhaps something more gala like would have looked much better. this one looks a little baggy and something looks strange of it to me... the rest looks perfect. nice combination of colours. i liked the dress of martha louise from the first time i saw it. i think she looks gorgeous in it.

the two queens looked delightful. both dresses are lovely... absolutely no objections to any of them. i specially like how sofia's dress sparkles and the colour and upper part embroidery of sonja's dress.

i was wondering what orders they are wearing... are those of haakon and mette marit the ones they recently received? what about martha louise?

I think Sofia looks stunning. Great dress and great tiara!

I thought CPMM grey outfit in the day was lovely but her choice of evening gown was alittle disappointing. The skirt looked somewhat crumpled and cld hve been neater and the black top was alittle to ill fitting and dark - but perhaps she loves dark colours!

Both Queens looked stunning and I adore QSofia's tiara.....

I love Martha Louise's dress. Its the same one she wore to Frederick and Mary's wedding. I would have liked to have seen MM with a different tiara but Sofia looked fantastic!

I know I am in the minority..but I actually like MM's dress. My only comments that perhaps she should have worn it in the fall and maybe at a different event. Maybe something English, since it was a tartan. I like the ML dress when she wore it the first time, so it was a good recycle. Sofia was okay...Sonja's dress..I don't know. This is going to sound weird..but maybe ts a little young for her? IMO..too much going on.

I very much doubt Sofia would wear a borrowed tiara for a state visit. She has two daughters and a daughter in law that will also be the next queen. Perhaps she bought the tiara for the royal collection in order for the family to have enough tiaras to be worn by all the royal women.

I must say that I REALLY liked M-M gala-gown!! It`s different, and I think it suits her very well.
I don`t think she deserves all the critic against her wardrobe..

Face to Face has 40 pics from the first day, but mostly the same, here are the ones that are a little different, seems the press really liked Sofias Loewe purse (which seems to be not the same purse she wore on arrival), they really zoomed in on the label, the gala pics in face to face are the smae as the ones from ANB

Last edited:
What on earth is Mette-Marit wearing? :eek:

Whhhhyyyy???? HRH has such potential and yet, this...

HRH the Crown Princess seems to have shed a little weight over the past couple of months..She's looking lovely, not that she wasn't!

HM the Queen Sonja looked great..her sometimes "quirky" style suits her.

As for HM the Queen Sophia... it wouldn't matter what HM wore, she is without a doubt a shinning star. I love that tiara aswell! But, as it turns out the whole ensemble was lovely.

Didn't think much of Martha-Louise's hairstyle...she is such a stunning woman though!

Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner always manages to look fab u lous ;)

"MII"

Last edited:
King Juan Carlos and King Harald onboard the frigate Fridtjof Nansen, the first of 4 supermodern frigates produced in Spain on a muliti million contract for the Royal Norwegian Navy

Pictures from www.anb.no

Attachments

• alle20060607-033.jpg
    alle20060607-033.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 215
  • alle20060607-036.jpg
    alle20060607-036.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 265
  • allee20060607-034.jpg
    allee20060607-034.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 232
I saw on the news yesterday that CP M-M and CP Haakon were presented with some orders from King Juan Carlos. CP M-M got one with a pale yellow and white sash, and CP Haakon got one with a pale blue and white sash. They wore them at the gala. Anyone know what orders they were?

Queen Sofía and queen Sonia from Norway to its arrival today to the University Hospital of Ulleval, in Oslo

Other image of the King today

from terra

Attachments

• 72080681c5104g.jpg
    72080681c5104g.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 344
  • 72080681c0539g.jpg
    72080681c0539g.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 72080681c4a5eg.jpg
    72080681c4a5eg.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 72080681c4e47g.jpg
    72080681c4e47g.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 374
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 398
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
KikkiB said:
I saw on the news yesterday that CP M-M and CP Haakon were presented with some orders from King Juan Carlos. CP M-M got one with a pale yellow and white sash, and CP Haakon got one with a pale blue and white sash. They wore them at the gala. Anyone know what orders they were?

Haakon received Order of Great Cross of Carlos III , while Mette-Marit received Order of Isabel de Catolica
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/446923-post10.html

---

King Harald of Norway and King Juan Carlos of Spain are received on board the new Norwegian frigate "Fridtjof Nansen" in Oslo 07 June 2006.
The Spanish royal couple is on a three-days official visit to Norway.
The frigate is the first in a serie of marine vessels built for Norway at the IZAR shipyard in Ferrol in Spain.

photo by CORNELIUS POPPE/AFP/Getty Images

Attachments

• 71143183.jpg
    71143183.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 243
Thanks for the pics everyone!! :)
Sonja's day-time outfit was very nice, but her gala outfit was a little strange for my taste
Sofia is by far the best dressed lady on this state visit so far, 10/10 stars for both the day events and the gala!
Mette-Marit, she was doing so well with the day outfit, and then it went downhill when she stepped through the door wearing the black and white tablecloth as a skirt! :eek:
Here's hope for better work from M-M tomorrow, and for Sofia to keep up the good work!!

KikkiB said:

KikkiB, Mette-Marit is wearing the Order of Isabella the Catholic, and Haakon is wearing the Great Cross of Carlos III.
There is more information on these orders and the Crown Prince and Princess being awarded them at the start of this thread

Last edited:
Thanks purple_platinum and JessRulz! That was a quick respond! I didn't see the explanations in the beginning of this thread. Tend to loose tracks of these long threads :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom