The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Won't they also be Count/Countess of Monpezat if I understand it correctly?
No, the title is reserved for male-line descendants of Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim.

House of Monpezat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I supposed you was talking about Princess Isabella's children.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
No, the title is reserved for male-line descendants of Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim.

House of Monpezat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I supposed you was talking about Princess Isabella's children.
Thanks, had forgotten it was in the male line only.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Crown_Prinz_Oberon's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 19
Will Marius ever receive a title or not? Is it because he is HRH Prince Haakon's stepson? Could they not make him a duke or a count? Would they
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_Prinz_Oberon View Post
Will Marius ever receive a title or not? Is it because he is HRH Prince Haakon's stepson? Could they not make him a duke or a count? Would they
He is not related to a royal in anyway, there is no logical reason he should be given one. If Haakon chooses to give him one out of sentimentality then that's far enough. However it would mean Marcus would have to perform duties for the RF, which I doubt he wants to.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He is not related to a royal in anyway, there is no logical reason he should be given one. If Haakon chooses to give him one out of sentimentality then that's far enough. However it would mean Marcus would have to perform duties for the RF, which I doubt he wants to.
How is he not related to royals? He is the stepson of the CP. His two younger half-siblings are royal, and one will be Queen one day. His mother will be Queen one day.

I wouldn't say that he needs a title, or that he should be given one and then expected to fill a royal role, but I can see how it could be reasoned that he might want one. I think it would really just all depend on his relationship with the NRF.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is online now
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,396
From what I read, they don't have titles in Norway. So they can't give Marius one.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-01-2013, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think it would really just all depend on his relationship with the NRF.
Which I think is very warm and affectionate, as I always had the impression that The King and Queen consider Marius as one of their grandchildren.

But I think Norway does not have a nobility, so I don't think King Harald V, King Haakon VIII or Queen Ingrid (his half-sister, which makes him a blood close relative of a Royal) will give him a title.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-01-2013, 06:45 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
How is he not related to royals? He is the stepson of the CP. His two younger half-siblings are royal, and one will be Queen one day. His mother will be Queen one day.
He is not blood related or married to or born to a royal. He is the stepson by marriage to the future King. His mother will not be the Queen Regnant, she will be Queen Consort. Related by marriage means little in my opinion.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:01 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
From what I read, they don't have titles in Norway. So they can't give Marius one.
Yes,the Norwegian Nobility was abolished in the early 19th Century.



Nobility Law (Norway) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:12 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is online now
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,396
I am very curious why they abolished it.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:20 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I am very curious why they abolished it.

You can read more on it here

Aristocracy of Norway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Crown_Prinz_Oberon's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
well, that explains that I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He is not blood related or married to or born to a royal. He is the stepson by marriage to the future King. His mother will not be the Queen Regnant, she will be Queen Consort. Related by marriage means little in my opinion.
I think you're missing - or trying to ignore - the fact that his sister will be The Queen of Norway one day.

Marius is blood related to two Royals by birth.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I think you're missing - or trying to ignore - the fact that his sister will be The Queen of Norway one day.

Marius is blood related to two Royals by birth.
I kind of agree with Lumutqueen here. Its the blood relationship to the future King here that is the determining factor. Although Marius is related by blood to his half siblings, its through the matriarchial line that has married into the royal family.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Is through the matriarchial line that has married into the royal family.
Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that his two half-siblings are Royals, and one of them will be The Queen one day.

Anyway, Marius will not have a title, because there's no nobility in Norway.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that his two half-siblings are Royals, and one of them will be The Queen one day.

Anyway, Marius will not have a title, because there's no nobility in Norway.
I would imagine in the family structure, Marius is just as well loved as his siblings are and they have a close relationship. No title or a title doesn't make any difference in that respect. As the years go by, I think Marius very well could one day be heard to say "my sister, the Queen".
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that his two half-siblings are Royals, and one of them will be The Queen one day.
Having two royal half-siblings doesn't make him royal or entitled to a title and frankly, I don't see how a title for Marius would be considered necessary? He's not royal, merely the brother of the future Queen and you can be the brother of the future Queen without being titled.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine in the family structure, Marius is just as well loved as his siblings are and they have a close relationship. No title or a title doesn't make any difference in that respect. As the years go by, I think Marius very well could one day be heard to say "my sister, the Queen".
I agree.

I believe Marius will always have a position - albeit not an official one - within the Royal Family.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Having two royal half-siblings doesn't make him royal or entitled to a title and frankly, I don't see how a title for Marius would be considered necessary? He's not royal, merely the brother of the future Queen and you can be the brother of the future Queen without being titled.
I never said he's a Royal or entitled to a title. I said he's blood related to Royals by birth.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Tudur rose's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
From what I read, they don't have titles in Norway. So they can't give Marius one.
True.........
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi and a question! emoone03 Member Introductions 1 03-11-2007 01:02 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi althorp anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family chittagong cht countess of snowdon crown princess victoria diana princess of wales dna dutch royal family dutch royals emperor facts family tree games habsburg hill historical drama house of bernadotte house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau intro jacobite jewelry jumma kids movie list of rulers lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing mbs mountbatten netherlands nobel prize norway norway history palestine popularity princely family of monaco queen paola random facts rown royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding russian court dress shakespeare snowdon spain spanish royal spencer family sweden swedish history thailand tracts uae customs united states of america unsubscribe videos wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×