Princess Astrid and Family: News and Pictures

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
:previous: Thanks iceflower! :flowers:

Well, 86 years of age, Parkinson's disease, several bone fractures over the years due to osteoporosis. - But here she is, still on her duties (yes, quite amazing).

I wasn't aware of her Parkinson's disease. Has that been known for a long time?

:previous: She said it herself in a television-interview some years ago (around her 80th birthday, I think).
And although she still has pretty quick movements in her body, one can clearly see the tremors in the Princess' arms/hands and sometimes her jaw (which seems to vary, probably due to the medications).

You can see it from 0:20 in this 2017-video (link). - BTW, be aware that this is far from her worst day.

And sometimes she's in such pain, due to all the bone-fractures in her back, that she has to wear a special corset during Royal-events: Photo (link).

Last edited:
According to Hein Bruins and also Carl Christian Ferner's FB (Calle Ferner) Carl Christian Ferner and his wife Anna Stina, née Slattum had a daughter. Probably around his birthday (October 22nd) in 2018.
This baby is the third granddaughter and the sixth grandchild for Princess Astrid mrs. Ferner.

According to Hein Bruins and also Carl Christian Ferner's FB (Calle Ferner) Carl Christian Ferner and his wife Anna Stina, née Slattum had a daughter. Probably around his birthday (October 22nd) in 2018.
This baby is the third granddaughter and the sixth grandchild for Princess Astrid mrs. Ferner.

The baby is called Fay

Source: Netty on Nobiliana BAG 2018

And Sebastien Ferner Johanssen & his girlfriend also had a daughter Nicoline this year.
It's the first-great-grandchild of Princess Astrid.

Princess Astrid attended the opening of the exhibition "The Dream of Norway: King Haakon and Queen Maud in the Royal Collections" today, October 10. Queen Sonja was scheduled to attend as well but had to cancel due to an illness:

** kongehuset: Åpnet "Drømmen om Norge" **

Princess Astrid remember:

"On 8 May 1945, Norway was again a free country. Princess Astrid was in full swing with her homework at Pook's Hill outside Washington, when she was the first in the US to hear that the Germans had surrendered. - In the background, I had the radio on. Suddenly the broadcast breaks with the message that "the Germans have surrendered - Europe is free again". I stormed out and cried, "Now the war is over, we are free, we are free." Mother asked, "Did they say anything about Norway?" I couldn't answer that, because I had run out before I heard the whole message, says Princess Astrid.

Right after the phone rang. It was from the embassy that could confirm that Norway had again become a free country.

Crown Prince Olav set foot on Norwegian soil again on May 13, as the first in the Royal Family. Princess Astrid followed and went ashore in Oslo with King Haakon, his mother and his siblings on 7 June 1945."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_6tZ61Jw3b/

New great-grandson for Princess Astrid!

Princess Astrid became a great-grandma again!

Sebastien Ferner Johansen (b.9 March 1990) [son of her eldest daughter Cathrine Ferner (b.1962) & her husband Arild Johansen (b.1961)] & his partner Belinda Lundstrøm (b.1988) had their second child, Ferdinand, in January.

A brother for Nicoline (b.2019)

Source: Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

"Today, 95 organizations, teams and associations across the country receive support for social and humanitarian initiatives from Crown Princess Märtha's Memorial Fund. It happens on the day 120 years after Crown Princess Märtha was born.

- It is a pleasure for me that every year in connection with my mother, Crown Princess Märtha's birthday, I am so lucky that I am allowed to distribute money for social and humanitarian initiatives in organizations and associations from all over Norway. This year it is 120 years since my mother was born, and that makes this year's awards special to me, says Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner. "

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=186874&sek=26939

Congratulations to the couple!
Let's hope Princess Astrid will have time to see her granddaughter at the altar.

Back
Top Bottom