Princess Astrid and Family: News and Pictures

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Norwegian tax lists for 2004 are searchable on the internet:

Princess Astrid

FERNER , ASTRID MAUD INGEBORG had a personal fortune of over 75 milion NOK last year, and paid 511,976 of them in tax.

Okay, I know this post is five years old but, Norwegianne, I see you are still active on the board. I just went to one of those quickie conversion sites that put 75 million NOK at 13 million USD. That's a cushy fortune for this relatively minor royal. Any ideas as to the source of this wealth? I presume much of her wealth is a result of her marriage? I'm having trouble finding the Norwegian tax list online.

Thanks - five years late - for posting that!

The article that Maura was kind enough to post the link to contained the following blurb:

As a thank you for the Princess' efforts, the Government decided in 2002 to give her an annual pension of honor. Princess Astrid is in the tax rolls listed with a fortune of more than 51 million, which probably mainly derived from an inheritance from her parents.

Reports vary on the wealth of the Norwegian royals, and I've always wondered how much of a cut the king's sisters came in for. In Princess Raghnild's case, of course, it doesn't matter so much, if the Wikipedia report on her husband's fortune is accurate.

Okay, I know this post is five years old but, Norwegianne, I see you are still active on the board. I just went to one of those quickie conversion sites that put 75 million NOK at 13 million USD. That's a cushy fortune for this relatively minor royal. Any ideas as to the source of this wealth? I presume much of her wealth is a result of her marriage? I'm having trouble finding the Norwegian tax list online.

Thanks - five years late - for posting that!

----
The article that Maura was kind enough to post the link to contained the following blurb:

As a thank you for the Princess' efforts, the Government decided in 2002 to give her an annual pension of honor. Princess Astrid is in the tax rolls listed with a fortune of more than 51 million, which probably mainly derived from an inheritance from her parents.

Reports vary on the wealth of the Norwegian royals, and I've always wondered how much of a cut the king's sisters came in for. In Princess Raghnild's case, of course, it doesn't matter so much, if the Wikipedia report on her husband's fortune is accurate.
Her fortune is chiefly derived from her father who is presumed to have it from his mother, Queen Maud, and that side of the family. That is merely a presumption.

Although her husband's not poor - his fortune is about a fifth of hers at this point.

The estate after King Olav was divided by three, on most levels, afaik - so all the children got an even share of furniture/paintings/investments and so on.

Astrid talked about this in an interview, that they divided the paintings into three piles, so that all three piles were worth about the same and then drew for them. She didn't get a painting that she liked, so she swapped with the King for that.

Exceptions to the sharing were major tiaras and property. Both Astrid and Ragnhild have tiaras, but not compared to the Sapphires, and most of the property went with the royal estate, afaik. Most likely due to inheritance taxes.

But, also at the time of King Olav's death, Astrid was already well established in terms of house/etc, so the money has most likely been well invested. Although there is a dip in almost 20 millions from the figure that I mentioned back when and last year's numbers. So there either was a dip in the marked or she made an investment back in 2006/2007.

Here is a link to the list Astrid Maud Ingeborg Ferner - Skatten 2010 - Skattelister.no - VG Nett

Norwegian privacy law has changed so that the latest year you have to be have a Norwegian identity number, and log in to search.

Last edited:
That's a nice photo of the siblings.

Great pics. Princess Astrid's dress is so beautiful and fresh. It's nice to see that Princess Raghnild is in Norway

Oh my goodness, suztav, you are so right! Astrid and Harald look so happy to be there in the siblings photo, and she looks like she's about to attack the photographer.

Astrid looks very lively and youthful. Her dress is pretty but a bit summery for Norway in February, but hey, it's her 80th birthday - wear whatever you like, dear. And I think Sonja looks just gorgeous.

It is incredible that Princess Astrid is 80 years old. She looks so young. Not like an 80 years old lady.

Princess Astrid certainly does look extremely good for her age and the photographs from her birthday celebration are quite delightful. I do love her gown. Fresh, simple and appropriate. She is definitely one of my favourite royals.

is there any other pictures of Princess Astrid birthday celebartions ???

Thank you so much, fairy tale :)

I wished we had more news of princess Astrid and her family. I like her very much

Princess Astrids solo events are quite rare,it was nice to see the photos of her yesterday in Ålesund.

^^ Indeed. And with a good coverage in the norwegian media.

May he rest in peace! What a great sad loss for Astrid and her family.

Back
Top Bottom