Oslo and Utøya Attacks & the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the pics:flowers:

It's always so nice to see pics of the norwegian royal family. They are my favourite royals:flowers:

It's also so nice to see how all the other nordic countries were represented with their prime-ministers and heads-of-state, in the cases of Finland and Iceland, and their crown princes, in the cases of Denmark and Sweden. They all seem to be so united.

BTW, nice pics of Victoria with Jens Stoltenberg. Is he congratulating (??) her because of her pregnancy? :)

They haven't got a good relationship:

I would also very angry, if anybody says about my mother, that she is a thief and calls police. We all know, how much MM loves her mother. I think it is the reason, why she not attend to the funeral.
Hm ya makes sense I suppose you could say there's s a small family rift. I wonder what kind of a relationship she had with her step brother.

Haven't watched any of the vids from yesterday's memorial service but once again nice to see Frederik and Victoria also showing their support.

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended a ceremony honouring the voluntaries from
the tragedy at Utøya for their life saving heroism at Sundvolden hotel today, June 2, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** stella/belga gallery **

** kongehuset.no: Hedret for heltedåd ** translation **

** dt.no: Hedrer Utøya-heltene ** translation **

** avisenagder.no: - Kjære livreddere; tusen takk! ** translation **

** nrk.no: Kronprinsen hedret Utøya-helter: Uten dere ville færre overlevd ** translation **

Last edited:
This article was written in April, around the start of Breivik's trial:
King hails diversity during terror trial

April 24, 2012

As the trial of Norway’s home-grown, anti-immigration terrorist grinds on in an Oslo courtroom, the country’s monarch opted to make the latest of no less than four recent visits to one of the city’s most multi-cultural areas. There’s little doubt King Harald V is sending a strong signal of support for the multiculturalism that terror defendant Anders Behring Breivik attacked, and some believe the king is defining the “new” nation that Norway has become.

King hails diversity during terror trial : Views and News from Norway

Next week Sunday it's 1 year ago :sad:
The Royal Family will attend several memorial engagements during that day:

Wreath-laying ceremony
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend a wreath-laying ceremony in the Government Quarter, in memory of the terrorist attack 22 July 2011. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (09:30).
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Service
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the Memorial Service in Hole Church in memory of the terrorist attacks against the Government Quarter and Utøya island 22 July 2011 (11:00).
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Service
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the Memorial Service in Oslo Cathedral in memory of the terrorist attacks against the Government Quarter and Utøya island 22 July 2011. Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise will also be in attendance (11:00).
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Luncheon
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend a luncheon for the bereaved after the tragedy at Utøya.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Concert
His Royal Highness attends a 22 July memorial concert in the Town Hall Square, Oslo (20:00).
kongehuset.no - Official engagements

Hard to believe a year has passed since the horrible events. :sad:
It must be a very difficult time for the Royal Family - and all Norwegians.

A few days ago, Lionel Batiste died here in Neq Orleans. He was a legendary jazz musician here and happened to be on Norway at the time of the attacks. He led a traditional jazz funeral through the streets of Molde the day after the attacks.

For those who don't know, a jazz funeral is a New Orleans tradition where music (usually old spirituals and hymns) are sung as a procession of the dead's family and friends mourn and celebrate together.

Anyway, an interesting connection. You can find a video of the Molde march on YouTube.

Updated version:

Wreath-laying ceremony
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend a wreath-laying ceremony in the Government Quarter, in memory of the terrorist attack 22 July 2011. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (09:30).
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Service
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the Memorial Service in Oslo Cathedral in memory of the terrorist attacks against the Government Quarter and Utøya island 22 July 2011. Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn will also be in attendance (11:00).
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Service
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the Memorial Service in Hole Church in memory of the terrorist attacks against the Government Quarter and Utøya island 22 July 2011 (11:00).
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Luncheon
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend a luncheon for the bereaved after the tragedy at Utøya.
mediaLine_large.gif

mediaLine_large.gif

Memorial Concert
His Royal Highness attends a 22 July memorial concert in the Town Hall Square, Oslo. Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn will also be in attendance (20:00).
kongehuset.no - Official engagements
For the press: kongehuset.no - National commemoration 22 July: Accreditation

My goodness is it almost a year ago already :sad:

Mette-Marit and Haakon seem still very much affected.... understandable of course

:previous:
All of them seemed very affected. Queen Sonja was fighting back tears, as did King Harald, Mette-Marit and Haakon.

Several other galleries:
- Gallery from Belga 1
- Gallery from Belga 2
- Gallery from Zimbio

I can't help but thinking that M-M's "absence" over much of the last year has a lot to do with the Utoya attacks. She lost her stepbrother in a horrific act that affected the entire nation.

Is there any info why MM will not accompany Haakon to tonights concert?

Is there any info why MM will not accompany Haakon to tonights concert?

Maybe she just wanted to be with her children, she flies to Washington to the AIDS-conference and from there to the Olympics.

IMO these tears are not real. It seems she pretends that she want to cry, but I don't see a real grief on her face. It is only a simulation, she plays a perfect crownprincess, the people require this behavior. One year ago she cried really, it was not a show, but now I am not sure...

:previous:
Really? You don't see a real grief on her face? We must be looking at different people then.
Mette-Marit understands the families of victims better than anyone else, having lost a family member in the attacks as well.

And I never got the impression Mette-Marit tries to be a "perfect" Princess; in fact, one of the things I like about her is that she hasn't changed at all. Her style has evolved, she wears better makeup and her hair look nicer - but the woman herself is the same as on the day of her engagement, at least, in my opinion.

IMO these tears are not real. It seems she pretends that she want to cry, but I don't see a real grief on her face. It is only a simulation, she plays a perfect crownprincess, the people require this behavior. One year ago she cried really, it was not a show, but now I am not sure...
I strongly disagree...:angry::angry::angry:

The one year anniversary of the death of a loved on is very very hard. You find yourself wondering where the time has gone when it seemed that only yesterday he was with you.

When that loved one is lost in such an horrific act of mass murder it is incomprehensible and people struggle to cope with the fact or their death. How much more difficult is it for Mette Marit. She stands with her country as a member of the NRF to commemorate in a public act of mourning. Do you think that perhaps she would like to be one of the crowd and mourn in private instead of having a full day of "official" duties to mark, what is for her, a personal loss as well as a National Tragedy.

Mette Marit looks like she is trying to hold it together, as if she might not be able to control the anguish. Not for her the solace of other family and friends, letting go and freely howling with rage and loss. No, she stands for her country not for herself or her family. It is a very hard place to be I should think.

My gosh! It's been a year already. Like everyone else I disagree with the comment that Mettie Marit tears were not real. She lost her step-brother in that horrible attack. Everyone in Norway even if they didn't personally know anyone that died was affected by it.

Back
Top Bottom