Norway's National Day, May 17: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Indeed, thanks for all those lovely pictures of this lovely family.

I always love seeing the pics of the CP family greeting the children's parade.

Why do they slick back Marius's hair that way? I definitely do not like it. It spoils his looks - and he is becoming a very good looking young man.

Such wonderful pictures, thank you all for posting all of those links.
I really love the Norwegian national costumes, they're very beautiful indeed.

Another gallery from Daylife.
I absolutely love this picture of Ingrid Alexandra and Milly Kakao.

Last edited:
Is Mette-Marit wearing a bandana?!

Why do they slick back Marius's hair that way? I definitely do not like it. It spoils his looks - and he is becoming a very good looking young man.
Who´s "they"? In that documentary about the CPrincess last year you could see during the "behind the scenes" stuff that Marius did his hair in front of a mirror himself, before going out to see the children´s parade.I guess at the age of 15 mummy won´t do his hair any longer....

Is Mette-Marit wearing a bandana?!
No, just a horrible and incredibly ugly hat with a veil.
You can see detail's of that monstrosity in this post by fairy tale.

Last edited:
Well, "monstrosity" would rather fit when you were referring to hats of the dutch Queen or some of the D o Cornwall...

Gratulerer med dagen Norwegian members here at the forum :norwayflag:

First of all, I'm still shocked with monstrosity MM has in her head. There are no words to describe it so move on...
The pics are wonderful and the bunads are beautiful. I like those things Ingrid has on her hair. Marius is indeed grown up and he's becoming a very gorgeous young man but I also dislike the way he uses his air:p

Nice to see princess Astrid, even if just a photo of her. I wish we saw her more often, I like her a lot.

BTW, what's going on in the roof of the palace?

Last edited:
Who´s "they"? In that documentary about the CPrincess last year you could see during the "behind the scenes" stuff that Marius did his hair in front of a mirror himself, before going out to see the children´s parade.I guess at the age of 15 mummy won´t do his hair any longer....

Thanks - whatever that documentary was, we didn't get to see it here in the States. Unfortunately. And most European videos are not available here either.

Something "monsterous" is always a large, huge thing, not such a small headpiece the CPss wore. But still everybody is free to like or dislike it.

I don't know what I don't like more, MM's hat or coat.
I really like the morning event at Asker. The kids with their dog, just seem like a very normal family enjoying their time yet it is an official event.
Princess Ingrid Alexandra braids are really cute, she is such a lovely girl.

Marius is really handsome but he needs a haircut!

National Day 2013

Next week Friday is National Day :flowers:
This is the program:
17.05.2013 The Children's Parade in Asker
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess greet the Children's Parade in Asker outside Skaugum Estate (08:15).

17.05.2013 The Children's Parade
The Royal Family greets the Children's Parade in Oslo from the Palace Balcony (10:30).

17.05.2013 National Day celebrations in London
Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise attends the Norwegian National Day celebrations in the Norwegian Church and Southwark Park in London (11:00).
The Royal House of Norway - Constitution Day: The Children's Parade

Back
Top Bottom