Norway's National Day, May 17: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LaMinka said:
A Video from skaugum
-> torsdag 17 Mai -> Kronprinsfamilien hilser folket :)

wAww thanks for the video the children are so cute! I loved it when Marius spotted someone he new and jumped up and down lol

Last edited:
thank you all for the photos. Ingrid is a beautiful child, she's adorable. Mette-Marit looked wonderful

I thought that Queen Sonja looked absolutley wonderful in red her red suit and hat. I also thought that Mette-Marit looked nice and I liked her hat but I would have preferred it if she was wearing a bolder color. I loved the pictures of Ingrid peeking over the balcony.

Does anyone know what the ribbons and pins they are wearing are for? BTW, I hope all of our Norwegian members had a wonderful National Day!

Rebafan81 said:
Thanks for the answer, that is what I thought. I really think it is sad, especally to see other members of the family, Martha and Harold's sister, looking out a window. Maybe when Haakon become King he can change things to "allow" all members of the family on the balcony. I just think it is too old fashion. I like the way the royal family of the Netherlands include everyone, even the ones who were "dis-inherited" instead of just the people in direct line to the throne. IMO I actually worry more for Sverre then I do Marius regarding this because Marius knows he isn't a blood relation to the King but Sverre is, especally if the Princely family don't have anymore children. If there are more children, then he won't feel so left out as he gets older. Again, IMO Being the youngest of four children I think I am more sensative to the feeling of being left out of things.

But they do this only on Queens Day which is not so formal. On Prinsjesdag when they appear on the Balcony of Palais Noordeinde also only the ones who are members of the Royal House are and the do not include Maurits and Marilène and Bernhard jr. and Annette who still belong to the Royal House.
But what i not understand in Norway that the make a difference between Haakon's children. Märtha Louise ws always on the Balcony until 2001 and i believe also Harald's sisters before the got married.

marezdote said:
Does anyone know what the ribbons and pins they are wearing are for?
The ribbons in the national colours (red, white and blue), you mean? It is traditional to pin these onto the outfit on May 17th.

LaMinka said:
A Video from skaugum
-> torsdag 17 Mai -> Kronprinsfamilien hilser folket :)

I couldn't watch the Video - it was black all over. Did anybody else have that problem?

dazzling said:
Haakon & Ingrid - a lovely picture on the balcony
CP couple & Ingrid - waving on the balcony
Ingrid - waving on the balcony
Haakon waving, Ingrid pointing - picture
CP couple & Ingrid - on the balcony side view
(seegerpress)

They all look if they had just had a major fight...slightly rumpled and exhausted. Maybe it was a bit of a battle to get the kids all dressed up and ready to go. :)

Smilla said:
They all look if they had just had a major fight...slightly rumpled and exhausted. Maybe it was a bit of a battle to get the kids all dressed up and ready to go. :)

That, and princess Ingrid Alexandra being 3 years old, and probably in the middle of the tantrum period of her life. I've heard that she can be quite a strong-willed little miss. I suppose it's girl power or something, being in the middle with two brothers :lol:

That's so patriotic!:flowers:

Betiful pics of the Norwegian Royals on there national day. There or really beautiful.

Thank you so much for all the pics. Ingrid looks so cute now. I cannot believe how blonde her hair looks sometimes

Mette-Marit always dresses so damn matronly at this event ..

Magnus is soo cute ! He's grown a lot.

His name is Magnus, right ?

Last edited:
Magnus looked like he had a bruise or a cut on his cheeck. I hope it didn't hurt too bad!

And Mette-Marit does look very matronly at these events, but then again, she's going to be the "mother" of Norway someday! And I don't think she's pregnant, the outfit just makes her midsection look weird or she's just gained a little bit of weight.

I'm really amazed seeing how much Princes Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus has grown. The Princess is beatiful with her blonde grown hair...and Prince Sverre is already walking! I always liked him..Since he was born, he always looked so grown up! :D

Vanesa.

Great pics! I love this family.

Ingrid is super cute! Even with her tantrums and all. :ROFLMAO:

This is the first time we see Sverre walking. So adorable! I wonder how he got that little wound on his cheek. Maybe from one of his walking expeditions :ermm:

Marius always looks good. Very handsome boy. ;)

Mette-Marit was all smiles. Love her. :flowers:

And of course Haakon. *whew!* He looks hot. :wub: Am I allowed to say that?

galatea_12 said:
And of course Haakon. *whew!* He looks hot. :wub: Am I allowed to say that?

I hope so, because I agree! :lol:

He always looks dashing and dapper.

MissSaga said:
Mette-Marit always dresses so damn matronly at this event ..

Magnus is soo cute ! He's grown a lot.

His name is Magnus, right ?

when you say matronly do you mean when she is in the norway costume?
its a lovely costume but I dont think any one can look sexy or anything else in it .I thought every one looked great !

I loved the National Day photo's and videos. I love to see the wonderful relationship between Haakon and Marius:wub:

Are there any other videos of this event? I tried the one video posted earlier, and it turned black:ermm: . Very disappointing!

Sister Morphine said:
I hope so, because I agree! :lol:

He always looks dashing and dapper.

I hope so too because I feel the same way!!!! I personally think he is the best looking Crown Prince.:wub:

Thank you for sharing these pix, it is really a beautiful family !

National Day - May 17, 2008 - 2013

May is coming up, and here is a thread for discussion and sharing of information regarding the national day. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom