Nobel Peace Prize 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now, what IS she wearing! Black again, much too short, totally unflattering, makes her look slightly pregnant...another opportunity wasted to look good in public. :ohmy:

I might be in the minority, but I happen to think that she looks good in black clothes, as long as they've got the right, non-frumpy cut - definitely over beige as she seemed to favour at a time, or matronly suits.

The outfit looks good - unlike the ghastly white button-up shirt she wore to the day event - but can we please see some non-black tights?

MM's Alberta Feretti coat was nice, but she looks like a chubby 5th grader in the concert photos. :ohmy:

Honestly, MM needs to add some color to her wardrobe! Although black looks good on her because of her skin color but she has to wear some nice color too. I remember seeing her in pastel colors. Those colors look nice on her since she has a fair complexion. Although I would love the Nobel prize giving in Oslo to be as formal as that in Sweden.

ABACA Press Gallery (the gala)

This gallery has only two photos of King Harald and Queen Sonja. The rest of the photos are the celebrities, Al Gore, etc.

did Mette Marit and Haakon go to the party ??

did Mette Marit and Haakon go to the party ??
No, they never do.

Usually the King and Queen didn't attend the gala either.
Last year the Royal Couple as been invited to the gala for the first time (because Queen Sofía of Spain was invited, too.. though she didn't attend).
This year the Royal Couple attended again ( I didn't expect it).

No, they never do.

Usually the King and Queen didn't attend the gala either.
Last year the Royal Couple as been invited to the gala for the first time (because Queen Sofía of Spain was invited, too.. though she didn't attend).
This year the Royal Couple attended again ( I didn't expect it).

Why are they normally not included in the gala?

Last edited:
A hot candidate on the lists for many years now, Finland's former President Martti Ahtisaari wins the Nobel Peace Prize 2008! :flowers: It was just announced in Oslo, some minutes ago (last year the current Chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee does this, he is resigning because his party has lost support in the Storting and will be replaced for next year). The motivation reads:

"for his important efforts, on several continents and over more than three decades, to resolve international conflicts"

Full press release here.

Official Calendar Entry
Their Majesties The King and Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony (13:00).

Former Finnish president Martti Ahtisaari enters the Grand Hotel surrounded by the media after arriving Oslo, Norway Monday, Dec. 8, 2008. Ahtisaari is arriving for his Nobel Peace Prize ceremony, and said he hopes the honor will boost support for his own and his colleagues' continuing peace efforts.
Daylife
Daylife
Martti Ahtisaari with chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Peace Prize Committee, Ole Danbolt Mjoes at the Grand Hotel Oslo.
Daylife

Are any of the royals expected to attend the concert?

As far as I can gather from the Royal house's official website (www.kongehuset.no), the programme is as following;

The King, the Queen and the CP couple will attend the official ceremony at 13:00 in the Town Hall, and The King and the Queen will attend the official dinner later that day.

The CP couple will attend the Nobel Concert.

(kongehuset.no - Official engagements)

According to GDP Papers' royalblog.nl, prince Friso of the Netherlands and princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau will also attend the ceremony. Apparently Mabel worked with mr.Ahtisaari in the past.

Mr. Ahtisaari was part of the Mafia? :eek: :angel: Just kidding ;)
So at least Mabel could replace Mette Marit as worst dressed Royal at the Norwegian Nobel Ceremony ;)

ANP Beeldbank

Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former President of Finland Martti Ahtisaari was received by Queen Sonja of Norway and King Harald of Norway at the Royal Castle prior to the Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony in the Oslo City Hall in Oslo, Norway on 10 December, 2008

ANP Beeldbank group picture including the CP couple

Last edited:
Lots of photos here:
Daylife
Nobel Peace Prize laureate Martti Ahtisaari and his wife Eeva attend a reception by King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway at the Royal Castle prior to the Nobel Peace Prize award
Daylife
And more photos:
Zimbio

Nobel Peace Prize laureate Martti Ahtisaari waves from a balcony to a crowd marching past the Norwegian parliament with torches in his honor
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Diana Ross, Scarlett Johansson and Michael Caine arrive for a gala dinner in honour of Nobel Peace Prize laureate Martti Ahtisaari.
Daylife
I´m proud to be a Finn today.

back view of Mette-Marit:

Preview of '127576.jpg' - FotoWeb 3.0

what a strange something on her head :ohmy:

The coat looks like it does not fit her very well. In every picture she looked like she could either use a different undergarment or an adjustement of the hooks. The colour was beautiful and suits her well. The thing on the head!!!!! I wonder what kept it in place..

Nobel Peace Prize winner Martti Ahtisaari and his wife Eeva with King Harald and Queen Sonja at the Norwegian Nobel Committee's banquet at the Grand Hotel
Daylife

The coat looks like it does not fit her very well. In every picture she looked like she could either use a different undergarment or an adjustement of the hooks. The colour was beautiful and suits her well. The thing on the head!!!!! I wonder what kept it in place..

She wore it first for the arrival in London for the official visit to this country 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom