Holmenkollen Ski Jumping - all years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Thanks Eya & LadyFinn! :flowers:

While attending alone yesterday, The King today got company of The Queen, The Crown Prince and QMII for the female Ski jumping and the female 30 km race in Cross-country skiing, before The Crown Princess, Ingrid and Sverre joined them for the male Ski jumping.
And the folksy and hugging-mad Regent-Couple greeted the winners in usual style, while the much more reserved QMII who was asked by The King to come forward, greeted them with a careful but friendly handshake.

The NRK broadcast (as with all sporting-events) is unfortunately not available outside Norway, but one can see some more photos in this Royal House article (link).

BTW: Read more about Holmenkollen Ski Festival (which The RF has attended since 1906, except during the WWII-years and when Holmenkollen National Arena has been under renovations) in this English Wikipedia article (link).

And then to the Danish royal guest herself, who is currently spending the last part of her annual Norwegian winter-holiday with Their Majesties (whom she is close personal friends with) at the nearby Royal Lodge, after being the guest of her longtime Norwegian friend, Eleonore Sibbern and her husband Valentin (who often visits her in DK) at their cabin in Gausdal municipality in Eastern Norway, something which has been a constant part of her Norwegian-stay since the late 1990s.

Last edited:
Fantastic to see that Margrethe joined the NRF! Nice that there was a good turnout for the championships.

And the folksy and hugging-mad Regent-Couple greeted the winners in usual style, while the much more reserved QMII who was asked by The King to come forward, greeted them with a careful but friendly handshake.

There might be interesting significance in that difference - one could speculate if that is owing to the personalities of the monarchs, cultural differences, or the expectations of the public in the two countries regarding royal etiquette.

And then to the Danish royal guest herself, who is currently spending the last part of her annual Norwegian winter-holiday with Their Majesties (whom she is close personal friends with) at the nearby Royal Lodge, after being the guest of her longtime Norwegian friend, Eleonore Sibbern and her husband Valentin (who often visits her in DK) at their cabin in Gausdal municipality in Eastern Norway, something which has been a constant part of her Norwegian-stay since the late 1990s.

It's wonderful that the Danish queen has able to perpetuate a friendship across the border, in privacy, for such a long time!

The family's attendance at this year's Holmenkollen Ski Jumping Festival has been cancelled due to the Corona Virus. It has been decided to close the event for the public, instead only the athletes, event staff, broadcaster teams will attend. The dates have been removed from the official calendar of the Royal Family.

** newsinenglish: Corona spoils the Holmenkollen party **

The Royal Family attends the Holmenkollen Ski Festival (FIS World Cup Nordic competitions) this weekend, March 11 and 12.

Here are some photos of today, March 11:

** instagram gallery **

Today, March 19, King Harald attended the women's 12,5 km mass start competition of the Biathlon World Championships in Holmenkollen:

** anp gallery **

Norway's Johannes Thingnes Bø met king Harald again today (for the third time this week) when he won the mass start, last race of the season. He won 19 of season's 23 individual races.
- Now I have met the King more than I have met my wife, says Thingnes Bø on TV 2's broadcast - followed by laughter from the King.
Johannes Thingnes Bø fullførte trippelen i Holmenkollen - VG

Winner Sweden's Frida Karlsson greets Norway's Crown Prince Haakon, Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Prince Sverre Magnus and Queen of Denmark Margrethe, at the royal stand, after the women's cross country 50 km joint start of the FIS World Cup Nordic Sports in Holmenkollen today.

Mette-Marit, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus
Queen Margrethe and Mette-Marit
Haakon
Queen Sonja and princess Astrid
Haakon and princess Astrid

It's good to see Queen Margrethe with the Royal Family of Norway. I love the friendship between Scandinavian royal families.
But I missed the presence of Marius, Mette-Marit's son.

Ah, was hoping QMII would tag along to Holmenkollen when it was confirmed earlier this week that she had left for her annual winter holiday (always to Norway).

Video of the NRF and QMII (meeting Swedish winner Frida Karlsson – as Scandinavian as it can get :lol:) from Se og Hør: Viste seg

Back
Top Bottom