General News and Information for the Norwegian Royal Family: 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the marine traffic website the Norge vessel is now in the city Horten

The Royal Court has translated its press release about its annual report into English.

https://www.royalcourt.no/artikkel.html?tid=71660&sek=71659

[...]

Annual report for 2021

Just as in society at large, the restrictions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic have continued to affect the activities of the Royal House of Norway and the Royal Court in 2021. Nonetheless, a high level of activity has been maintained. The Royal Family visited 8 counties and 31 municipalities in person and paid digital visits to 3 counties and 13 municipalities. There were 50 meetings of the King in Council of State held at the Royal Palace, and 27 formal audiences were given to receive ambassadors from other countries. In November, Their Majesties The King and Queen were the hosts for a State Visit by the King and Queen of the Netherlands, and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince paid an official visit to the US.

The security project

Activities under the project to enhance security at the Royal Palace and the other Royal residences were extensive in 2021, and major portions of the project were completed during the course of the year.

[...]

The security project has a budget framework of NOK 623.8 million. As the project has progressed, a number of factors have proven to be more complicated than in the original specifications set out in the preliminary project As a result the project has been somewhat delayed and has required greater outlay than planned. [...]

[...]

As anticipated by the Royal Court in its statement on the annual accounts submitted for 2020, there was a calculated deficit in the accounts for 2021. This deficit amounts to NOK 4 704 497. Due to the restrictions imposed during the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of measures could not be carried out during 2020, and these were completed in 2021. More than NOK 8 million have been used for renovation and maintenance projects in connection with the Royal residences and parks in 2021.

[...]

Norwegian royal expert Dag Trygsland Hoelseth also wrote an article in English on his blog, with summaries of the information about

https://dagtho.blogspot.com/2022/05/the-norwegian-royal-court-annual-report.html

[...]

The Lord Chamberlain, Gry Mølleskog, who will leave her position later this year, opens the report with a few words about the main events of 2021.

[...]

In addition to the details given above, I should mention that the royal family had 635 engagements («oppdrag») in 2021. The similar number in 2019 was 723, while in 2020 the number naturally was much lower (381). I am not sure if the number contains the same in 2021 as in 2019, though. In the report for 2019 the expression «offisielle arrangementer» («official arrangements») is used, not «oppdrag».

[...]

In the future when Haakon will be King he will not have a Sister such as Princess Astrid ?

Ironically, it was expected to be the other way around. In Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid's youth it was thought that they would follow the then tradition and marry into foreign royal families, but owing to their controversial marriages to commoners and the premature death of their mother, Princess Ragnhild's temporary exile extended into spending the rest of her life in anonymity in Brazil, and Princess Astrid's position as interim first lady lingered into a lifetime of service to the monarchy.

In the next generation, Princess Märtha Louise had been expected to eventually take up an official role after completing her education and show jumping career, but instead she decided to establish herself as a businesswoman.

Prince Sverre Magnus will most likely be the first "spare" of the Norwegian Glücksburgs who will follow the course assigned to him at birth. However, he could also defy expectations and become a senior working royal if King Haakon or Queen Ingrid Alexandra choose to reverse the slimming down of the royal house, if something happens to Princess Ingrid Alexandra, or if Ingrid Alexandra never gives birth to a child from an approved marriage. Or he could marry into a foreign royal family, which would complete the circle. ;)

Where's Ingrid Alexandra today?

My guess is that she is abroad (are the schools already done for the school year?) otherwise I would expect her to have attended with her parents and brother.

CP Haakon has Covid, with mild symptoms. Wishing him well and all those he came in contact with, after the appalling tragedy and his visit to Oslo, meeting so many grieving people. May they all be safe.

I always worry about Mette Marit and her lung issues when someone in the family is affected.

Didn't he have Covid in March as well during the Dutch state visit? And I hope that MM was a bit mote careful today in her contact with the public.

Didn't he have Covid in March as well during the Dutch state visit? And I hope that MM was a bit mote careful today in her contact with the public.

Yes he did but that was already in November.

Yes he did but that was already in November.

No, Haakon didn't have COVID before this. For the Dutch state visit the palace has clarified that it was just cold at that time (which he also had joined the later engagement with W-A & M once he's better.) In March it's Harald who tested positive for COVID.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the King and Queen were not present at the service of mourning?

The original link to the statement from the King (for which eya posted a translation above) on the night of the shooting: https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=212832&sek=26939

Norway Today's translation: https://norwaytoday.info/news/norwa...lled-by-the-shooting-tragedy-in-central-oslo/

CP Haakon has Covid, with mild symptoms.

Here is the source for winifred's comment. The statement also explains that his diagnosis is the reason for the Crown Prince's absence from the mourning service at Oslo Cathedral.

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=212853&sek=112472

(are the schools already done for the school year?)

It seems so, or at least her (and Prince Sverre Magnus's) school is.

https://elvebakken.vgs.no/kalender/

It's true that Harald will be opered?

:previous:

No, the magazine above has contacted the Court to know about the plaster King Harald has been seen wearing in his face. Following that, the Court‘s communications manager has confirmed that King Harald has had a mother mark removed from his right cheek. So there has already been an operation for that, but no upcoming operation has been announced (on the cover posted above it says „King secretly operated“).

Last edited:
:previous:

No, the magazine above has contacted the Court to know about the plaster King Harald has been seen wearing in his face. Following that, the Court‘s communications manager has confirmed that King Harald has had a mother mark removed from his right cheek. So there has already been an operation for that, but no upcoming operation has been announced (on the cover posted above it says „King secretly operated“).

I doubt it was a birth mark that was removed. Harald is a little old for a cosmetic procedure and I'm not sure he had that mark when he was younger?

I doubt it was a birth mark that was removed. Harald is a little old for a cosmetic procedure and I'm not sure he had that mark when he was younger?
He has had a big mark on his face these last couple of years, perhaps that was removed. Perhaps to make sure something benign wouldn't turn into bad.

A normal or changing/growing birth mark/pigmented spot/a freckle that has grown/various types of warts/cicatricial tissue/benign or malignant skin cancer, there's a lot that is simply listed under "removing a mother/birth mark" to avoid unnecessary worry and speculation.

The Norwegian royal house issued a press release on Thursday.
In recent days, violent storms have caused flooding in several parts of Norway.
On Thursday afternoon, the Norwegian royal house released a press release in which it writes that both the royal couple, King Harald and Queen Sonja, and Crown Prince Haakon will visit some of the areas affected by the floods.
King Harald and Queen Sonja will travel to Mjøndalen on Friday, August 11, where they will meet NVE (Norwegian Directorate of Water Resources and Energy), the local community and those working there, the press release states. press.

Crown Prince Haakon will visit affected areas in Hole, Ringerike and Søndre Land on Saturday 12 August.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...-kongefamilie-besoeger-oversvoemmede-omraader

The Royal Court released the annual report for 2023 today, April 18.

Many lovely photos, including an unseen portrait of Mette-Marit and Haakon:

Back
Top Bottom