Family news and pictures thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the most predicatble event of the year, the opening of Stortinget, the men in uniform, Queen Sonja usually in a black suit with red details and usually her red and black cape from the 1980s sometime. Historically the Crown Princesses never attend. The King reads the speech standing infront of the thone. Two years ago he made minor linquistic gaffe because instad of saing God bless the Stortingets Work (gjerning) he said God bless stortingets Brain (hjerne)

Here are the pictures from last year
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/299229-post49.html

you should be able to see it live here from 13.00
http://www20.nrk.no/stortingetwebtv/avspiller.aspx?kanal=1

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Today it was 100 years since the first gala dinner for stortinget, the norwegian royal ladies celebrated it by pulling out some of their most well worn dresses
Lol. Thanks for the pictures Larzen.
Seems like it´s Mette-Marit´s repeated dresses week. Well this dress is not that bad, but she could have spent some of the money saved for a better coiffure. She looked that nice in Hamburg. One cannot have all. *sigh*

Not again this gown and tiara:bang:
She need new tiara and gowns!!!:wacko:
If she decided to wear this dress again she should weare Amethyst Necklace Tiara again.

Honestly I´m not too fond of Mette Marit´s dress. Sometimes I´m wondering "Is this matronly woman, the same, who married Haakon in an elegant wedding dress?" and in very bad moments I´m even thinking "Would you have only stuck to the multi-coloured striped H&M pullover!"
She isn´t doing really bad as crown princess, but sometimes it is also hard to read out, who she actually is and who she wants to be. One can accuse me here for superficialty. But I think style is saying a lot about ones personality and attitude...

the pink dress MM is in, is one of the best evening dresses she has, yes she might have worn it abit too much, but its a great piece.thank you for the pictures. everyone looked great today

I like the colour of the dress MM iswearing. In recent weeks she seems to be very "mumsy" in her style of dressing.

Stellad

That's a real "recycle-show". All the ladies wore old dresses..:ermm:
I love Mette's earrings!
The Queen's blue dress is one of my favourites on her!

Well, (in my oppinion) queen looks better than her daughter-in-law.
Sonja won in dress, hairstyle, purse category. :rolleyes:
Tiaras are always lovely :lol:

Lena said:
Honestly I´m not too fond of Mette Marit´s dress. Sometimes I´m wondering "Is this matronly woman, the same, who married Haakon in an elegant wedding dress?" and in very bad moments I´m even thinking "Would you have only stuck to the multi-coloured striped H&M pullover!"
She isn´t doing really bad as crown princess, but sometimes it is also hard to read out, who she actually is and who she wants to be. One can accuse me here for superficialty. But I think style is saying a lot about ones personality and attitude...
Lena, I agree with you 100%!!!

Upcomming travel in 2007
King and queen will go on state visits to Finland and Germany
The Crown Prince Couple will do the long trips this yeas as well, South Korea in May and Chile in November

source VG paperedition nov 5th

The royal budget for the next year has been approved without protests, everyone voted in favour

The King and Queen gets in total 143 968 00 million kroner next year
7.9 million is the appanage, for which they cover private expdenses as well costs for representative work.
112 million is for the staff and the court
24 million is for special projects (I guess renovation of buildings and similar)

the Crown Prince couple gets 18 529 000 kroner
5.9 million kroner is appanage for private use and representative costs
the rest is for "drift" which I guess means the running of their court, staff vages, maitnance of Skaugum etc.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=159139
to check presisly what covers what check out the royal budget published at the home page annually as Im not clear on the specifics, last years
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_allAtOnce.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=544&aid=

Last edited:
how much is the kroner vs th us dollar?

auntie said:
how much is the kroner vs th us dollar?
$1 is about 6 Norwegian kroner
£1 is about 12 Norwegian kroner
€1 is about 8 Norwegian kroner

I think we might get some pictures from Skaugum today, atleast they said on a newsbulletin that on the 19.00 news we would see how small and big are preparing for christmas at Skaugum

BTW do we not have a thread about christmas celebrations? I looked for it but could not find it:wacko:

Larzen said:
I think we might get some pictures from Skaugum today, atleast they said on a newsbulletin that on the 19.00 news we would see how small and big are preparing for christmas at Skaugum

BTW do we not have a thread about christmas celebrations? I looked for it but could not find it:wacko:

The Royal Holiday subforum is back and here's the link to the Norwegian Royals Celebrate Christmas :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f107/norwegian-royals-celebrate-christmas-1536-8.html

Time to close this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting.

The new thread can be found here. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom