Easter with the Norwegian Family: 2004 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
In a press release from the Palace yesterday, and I really don't think this was an April's Fools prank, at least I hope not... it was stated that Their Majesties, the King and Queen, along with their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince and Princess and her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Marius Borg Høiby will be spending Easter, from today to April 12th, in the south of Europe.

Princess Märtha Louise and her family will also be out of the country.

If you can read Norwegian (unfortunately not me :( ), here are the full details:

VG

Feirer påsken utenlands

ROMA/KØBENHAVN (VG) En kong Harald i godt gammelt slag innledet i går kveld årets italienske påskeferie sammen med dronning Sonja.

Av ANDREAS ARNSETH, STIG TORE LAUGEN og FRODE HANSENJOACHIM LUNDGREN

- Er dere her og? smilte en humørfylt kong Harald da han traff på VGs reportasjeteam på Leonardo da Vinci-flyplassen utenfor Roma, ved 19-tiden i går kveld.

Deretter stoppet han og dronning Sonja opp, slo av en prat med VG, poserte for fotografen, ønsket god påske og satte seg inn i den ventende bilen - under streng bevoktning av både italienske og norske politifolk.

Årets påskeferie skal kongeparet tilbringe langt unna snø og vinter i Sikkilsdalen - ved Middelhavets bredd i støvel-landet Italia, sammen med kronprins Haakon, kronprinsesse Mette-Marit, prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra og Marius.

Strålende opplagt inntok lille Maud Angelica lufthavnen på Kastrup: Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Ari Behn er på vei til Jordan.

Familien skal feire påsken i Midtøsten. Etter mellomlanding i København reiste de i 17.30-tiden i går via Frankfurt til Amman i Jordan.

Prinsesse Märthas venninne Marianne Ulrichsen og hennes ektemann Didrik J. Vigsnæs er også med på turen. Ulrichsen var Märthas forlover.

Martha Louise, Ari with Maud Angelica and Marianne Ulrichsen

Harald and Sonja

Who will act as regent then?

Last edited:
Originally posted by theprincess@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 8:25 pm
OOPS! I mean WHO will act as regent then?
That is a good question. I am not sure how strict the regent rule is in Norway. For example, Haakon attended the memorial mass for the March 11 victims in Spain last week while the King is still on sick leave, so who was acting as regent then? I presumed that because he was away on official duty for the memorial that was the exception, but I guess this Easter holiday blows a hole in my theory.

There's no need for a regent in the country over easter, as easter is the kind of holiday in Norway where almost everything shuts down for ten days or so...

But rules:

Kongen skal bo inden Riget og maa ikke uden Storthingets Samtykke opholde sig udenfor Riget længere end sex Maaneder ad Gangen, medmindre han for sin Person vil have tabt Ret til Kronen.
The king shall live within the country, and must not without the assent of the Storting stay outside the borders of the realm for more than six months at a time, as he will loose the right to the crown if he does.

Since we're talking about a holiday here, that lasts for less than six months, and there is a cabinet in place - it's okay, the way I interpret it.

Italy, huh. Just the right place to get in shape before the baptism April 17th.

Easter Holiday 2007

EASTER PLANS FOR THE ROYAL FAMILY

The whole family, including the King and Queen, the Crown Prince Family and Princess Märtha Louise and family is expected to sikkilsdalen for easter. They will arive by night train, saturday before palm-sunday

The King and Queen will stay there the whole easter, the younger guard only the first half of the vacation.

http://www.gd.no/nyheter/article2662830.ece

This article was published before Sven O died so I dont know if there are made any changes

Just after easter Haakon is going to New York for an UNDP award, and Mette-Marit attends a space seminar with NASA astrounauts in Oslo (way out of what she usually does:ROFLMAO: ) Märtha will bring her family to a concert by the local school choir in Lommedalen where they live
kongehuset.no - Official engagements

Haakon and Mette-Marit will pay an official visit to South Korea 8-11 may 2007

Last edited:
YEsterday the royals started arriving to Sikkilsdalen where they will spend parts of the easter vacation. Sonja and Harald came by train to Vinstra and Märtha and Ari and their girls drove as far as possible, until a military belt-wagon drove them the last distance. It is not known if or when the Crown Prince family will come
Pic På plass i Prinsehytta - gd.no

Ari looks like Billy Connolly! :lol:

The Norwegian royals obviously really like cold weather. I would have assumed they would choose a warmer climate for an Easter vacation

Aurora810 said:
The Norwegian royals obviously really like cold weather. I would have assumed they would choose a warmer climate for an Easter vacation
It's Norwegian tradition - after a long winter, when spring comes, we go chasing the snow, with skis, oranges and Kvikk Lunch :lol:

norwegianne said:
It's Norwegian tradition - after a long winter, when spring comes, we go chasing the snow, with skis, oranges and Kvikk Lunch :lol:

Very informative! I didn't know of this tradition, now I've learned something new!!

I just returned from my Skiing-vacations in Austria and when I see this pictures I want to go back directly. :lol:

Pictures from the easter holiday: VG Nett - Her faller Kongen

Only the King and the Queen participated in the yearly ski competition - according to VG the younger generation had left. As you can see from the pictures, King Harald fell.

norwegianne said:
Only the King and the Queen participated in the yearly ski competition - according to VG the younger generation had left. As you can see from the pictures, King Harald fell.

Here are some more pictures and a little video.
It seems the crash wasn't too bad. :rolleyes:
Side 2

I first wondered why the King looked so waggly ... I had a closer look : those skis are country-cross skis, aren't they?
(That would explain why he looked so waggly... I hate going down a hill with those extremely narrow skis, too :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
Here are some more pictures and a little video.
It seems the crash wasn't too bad. :rolleyes:
Side 2

I first wondered why the King looked so waggly ... I had a closer look : those skis are country-cross skis, aren't they?
(That would explain why he looked so waggly... I hate going down a hill with those extremely narrow skis, too :rolleyes:)

With my experience in skiing, falling is a calculated risk you have to take ;) Thankfully, the snow is relatively soft and you wear several layers of clothes to soften the blow :) And since you are put into a pair of skis 2 seconds after you have learnt to walk, you get used to falling over. Eventually, you figure out how to fall over with the least amount of pain. And at tip for the king, next year chose touring skis, they are a bit wider and designed to go both "of piste" and in tracks.

The Royal Couple spend their Easter Vacations together with Märtha Louise and her Family.
Mette , Haakon and their family spend the Easter Holidays in the USA.

Märtha and her Family arriving at the "Prinsehytte" where they spent the easter vacations with the Royal Couple (King Harald can be seen in the right corner):

Photo

Ari Behn has definitely a shorter haircut now. The Cowboy hairdo is gone. :D

Two more photos and a Video:

https://i29.tinypic.com/27y78nr.jpg
https://i29.tinypic.com/ws8xtv.jpg
scanpix

Video
Kongevær i Sikkilsdalen*|* TV 2 Nyhetene

Last edited by a moderator:
King Harald on his way to the start in the the couple ski competition when the Norwegian Royal family participated in the traditional Easter Saturday ski competition at Sikkilsdalsetra March 22, 2008.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/rocioyole/ole/7248655.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/rocioyole/ole/7248654.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/rocioyole/ole/7248652.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/rocioyole/ole/7248651.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/rocioyole/ole/7248649.jpg
ANP

Her_Majesty said:
Ari Behn has definitely a shorter haircut now. The Cowboy hairdo is gone. :D

Yes, unfortunately. Longer hair was much more becoming for him. Pretty dull now...:ermm:

I read somewhere that they are in San Francisco this Easter.
Yes. I read they decided to stay in the USA and celebrate easter there, as MM and Haakon have been there for http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-summit-san-francisco-march-2008-a-16165.html .

wartenberg7 said:
Yes, unfortunately. Longer hair was much more becoming for him. Pretty dull now...:ermm:
I completely agree.
I actually liked Ari much better with long hair. Somehow he looked quite cool...

King Harald and Queen Sonja took part in the traditional ski race. They were racing against each other as usual.
Queen Sonja was arriving at the finnishing line much earlier then the King.
His excuse:
"I had the worse ski trail!" :D

How Can Haakon And His Wife Go To Unitd States Within The Children? Or Maybe, Can They Be With The Boys And The Girl?

How Can Haakon And His Wife Go To Unitd States Within The Children? Or Maybe, Can They Be With The Boys And The Girl?
What do you mean?
Haakon and Mette-Marit travelled to the USA for the Unaids Summit. They took the kids with them and stayed there for Easter as well.

are there any pictures of Mette - Marit and haakon at easter ??
be nice to see some .

Back
Top Bottom