Death & Funeral of Johan Martin Ferner (1927-2015)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spheno

Royal Highness
City
NN
Country
Lithuania
Johan Martin Ferner passed away quietly at Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, today, 24 January 2015 at 05.25 AM.

Message of condolence from His Majesty The King:
“It is with deep sadness that we have received the news that Johan Martin Ferner has passed away. Our thoughts go to Princess Astrid and her family, who have lost a wonderful husband, father, father-in-law and grandfather.”

http://www.royalcourt.no/nyhet.html?tid=124700&sek=27262

May he RIP, I didn't realise he had been ill. My condolences to the Ferner family and the rest of the NRF. :sad:

How sad. I am a great fan of Astrid, and I always thought Mr. Ferner was a very good man. Do we know when the funeral will be? Will it be public at all?

Do we know when the funeral will be? Will it be public at all?

No, not yet. I reckon that the funeral will be held in the Royal Chapel, and that there will be a private ceremony, but we may get some pictures, videos from the chapel.

Very sad news. May he rest in peace.

I saw Princess Astrid one month before for Queen Fabiola's Funerals.
She and her Brother King Harald are Cousins of our King Albert II.
The last llnk between the Royal Houses of Sweden , Norway and Belgium.

My condolences to Princess Astrid, her children, her grandchildren, and the rest of the NRF.

He was not in good health since a long time. I am very sad for Princess Astrid I like so much.
The 3 Children of King Olav and Princess Martha marries communors had a happy lifes and nice families.

The funeral will be on 2nd February, according to norwegian reporter Kjell Arne Totland.

The funeral will be on 2nd February, according to norwegian reporter Kjell Arne Totland.

From the website of the court:
The funeral is on Monday, 2nd February at 13.00.
The funeral will take place without media coverage. There will be a separate area for accredited press outside Holmenkollen Chapel.
A small pool consisting of NRK and NTB Scanpix will have the opportunity to photograph the coffin before the funeral at Holmenkollen Chapel. The flag at the palace will be on half mast during the ceremony
kongehuset.no - Johan Martin Ferners bisettelse

The Kongsseteren or Royal Lodge is located quite close to Holmenkollen Chapel.

180px-Holmenkollen_kapell.jpg

That's a beautiful little church, very homely looking.
Will Mr. Ferner be buried at the royal cemetary?

I recall reading it was burnt down in the 1990's and rebuilt,I was wondering also where Mr.Ferner will be buried.

That's a beautiful little church, very homely looking.
Will Mr. Ferner be buried at the royal cemetary?

There is no Royal Cemetery in Norway like in Sweden. King Haakon, Queen Maud, King Olav and Crown Princess Märtha where buried in the Croyal Crypt at Akershus Castle. And the grave of Princess Ranghild is at the Cemetery near Asker Church.

Holmenkollen Chapel burnt down in the early 90s, and Princess Astrid, who loved the building, was central in the fundraising efforts to have it rebuilt. At least two (maybe all?) of her children were baptized there, and her son Alexander was married there.

Nothing has been announced about where Johan will be buried. Dag Hoelseth says that the Ferners have a family plot at Vestre Gravlund in Oslo, but he thinks that Johan may instead be buried at Ris Churchyard, because he and Astrid lived in the parish for decades. Dag Trygsland Hoelseth: Johan Martin Ferner (1927-2015)

Such sad news. My condolences to The Princess, their children, Families and the Royal Family.

I've always liked Princess Astrid, I mean when you can joke you can listen to radio from Moscow thanks to that one Tiara she has, you know she's able to laugh at herself and that's always a clue to me of someone I'd enjoy spending time w/. I am truly sorry to hear the Princess has lost her Husband.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

[....]

I've always liked Princess Astrid, I mean when you can joke you can listen to radio from Moscow thanks to that one Tiara she has,

[.....]

Princess Astrid has several diadems. She has regularly worn the Vasa diamond-and-pearls diadem, Queen Maud's turquoise diadem, Crown Princess Märtha's diamond bandeau, Princess Ingeborg's golden diadem and two aigrettes (bejewelled holders for feathered headgear) which she sometimes wore as a diadem.

Has it been announced where Mr Ferner will be buried?

all very sad , I really like Princess Astrid

The Crown Princess looks very emotional when meeting Princess Astrid.

Very sad pictures. Who is the lady leaving the church with Princess Astrid?

I think it is their youngest daughter, Elisabeth Ferner, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think it is their youngest daughter, Elisabeth Ferner, but I'm not 100% sure.

you are right. That's Elisabeth.
Here pictures of other children:
Alexander: http://imbo.vgc.no/users/bildespesi...8ec0a50d3ba2f0bd75b87bfe1d9ebd9f86d93c8fdb44d
Catherine (with her daughter Madeleine): http://imbo.vgc.no/users/bildespesi...ab85b28f5f5cca18e59e5cc8f286e321f4a5ea7577cea
Carl-Christian: http://imbo.vgc.no/users/bildespesi...04990b9f4f38570d0b7e05b5f72aad858f940529b4194
No pictures of Benedikte :/

Back
Top Bottom