Death & Funeral of HH Princess Ragnhild (9 June 1930 - 16 September 2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: another article with a video
Her tar kongen imot søsterens båre - Norge - NRK Nyheter
Google Translation

King Harald told the press about his last meeting with his sister which took place at the Lorentzen family's country place in Oustøen in the Oslo Fjords in summer. He said "We met at their country place, where we more or less said goodbye. She would not admit it, but it was quite clear to us that it was the last time we met."
Kong harald - - Ragnhild ville ikke innrømme at det gikk mot slutten - Seoghør.no Kongelige (video)
Google Translation

:previous: another article with a video
Her tar kongen imot søsterens båre - Norge - NRK Nyheter
Google Translation

King Harald told the press about his last meeting with his sister which took place at the Lorentzen family's country place in Oustøen in the Oslo Fjords in summer. He said "We met at their country place, where we more or less said goodbye. She would not admit it, but it was quite clear to us that it was the last time we met."
Kong harald - - Ragnhild ville ikke innrømme at det gikk mot slutten - Seoghør.no Kongelige (video)
Google Translation

How sad for them all,the Princess must have been seriously ill.

She died of cancer :sad:
Her husband Erling Lorentzen about the diagnosis and the last days.
"She took it as far quiet. There was perhaps no great surprise for her. She realized that she hardly got to live long. She was concerned that it would be realistic, so we could talk openly about what would happen. I was of course very concerned if there was anything that could be done so that it didn't go the wrong way, but I had no hope from the doctors. She was realistic and took it as it was."
"She was quite ready, and accepted that it went the wrong way. But until the last day, where she got so much painkillers that she no longer felt pain, she was quite clear in her head."
Prinsesse ragnhild - - Hun var helt klar i hodet til det siste - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

Last edited:
She died of cancer :sad:
Her husband Erling Lorentzen about the diagnosis and the last days.
"She took it as far quiet. There was perhaps no great surprise for her. She realized that she hardly got to live long. She was concerned that it would be realistic, so we could talk openly about what would happen. I was of course very concerned if there was anything that could be done so that it didn't go the wrong way, but I had no hope from the doctors. She was realistic and took it as it was."
"She was quite ready, and accepted that it went the wrong way. But until the last day, where she got so much painkillers that she no longer felt pain, she was quite clear in her head."
Prinsesse ragnhild - - Hun var helt klar i hodet til det siste - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

I suspected as much but didn't like to speculate on the causes of her illness and death.How sad for her husband,children,grandchildren and the Royal Family.

Funeral of HH Princess Ragnhild, Mrs Lorentzen - September 28th 2012

Funeral service

th_51411_wappen_122_924lo.jpg

The funeral service for Her Highness Princess Ragnhild, Mrs Lorentzen will be held in the Palace Chapel on Friday, 28 September 2012. The Princess' casket arrived at Oslo Airport Gardermoen on Saturday, 22 September.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the couple carrying the young children with Mr Lorenzon and the King were Princess Ragnhild's daughter and her family?

Ragnhild Alexandra probably; she has two little daughters.

I'm assuming that the couple carrying the young children with Mr Lorenzon and the King were Princess Ragnhild's daughter and her family?
Both of princess Ragnhild's daughters was there with their children, Ingeborg with daughter Victoria and Ragnhild with Alexandra and Elizabeth.

But Victoria is already 23.

I thought that girl looked very young. But maybe she is blessed with a petite frame and great genes!

I thought that girl looked very young. But maybe she is blessed with a petite frame and great genes!
The girl is obviously a member of the Lorentzen family, and if it's not Victoria, then it's possible that it's her cousin Sophia Anne Lorentzen and that the woman hidden behind Mr Lorentzen is Victoria. The article in VG, Kongen tok imot Prinsesse Ragnhilds båre - VG Nett om Kongehuset , doesn't mention that Sophia Anne was there, but it does say that Victoria was there together with her mother.

I read several online stories of the Lorentzen family, and it seems the third daughter of Princess Ragnhild, also named Ragnhild, was much younger than her siblings, about 14 years younger. She lives in San Francisco. Very hard to tell the generations in the picture of the Lorentzen family posted by Meraude. The petite woman next to Erling Lorentzen in the picture could easily be 23, especially if she takes after her grandmother, Princess Ragnhild, who appeared to be small boned in pictures taken in her youth.

I read several online stories of the Lorentzen family, and it seems the third daughter of Princess Ragnhild, also named Ragnhild, was much younger than her siblings, about 14 years younger. She lives in San Francisco. Very hard to tell the generations in the picture of the Lorentzen family posted by Meraude. The petite woman next to Erling Lorentzen in the picture could easily be 23, especially if she takes after her grandmother, Princess Ragnhild, who appeared to be small boned in pictures taken in her youth.
Princess Ragnhild's eldest child, Haakon, was born in 1954, followed by two younger sisters - Ingeborg (born 1957) and Ragnhild (born 1968).
The age differecne between Haakon and his youngest sister is thus indeed 14 years.

I meant that she couldn't be carried on hands.
I never said anything about Victoria being carried or not, I just mentioned that both of princess Ragnhild's daughters were there and that they had their daughters with them.

Crown Princess Victoria is also attending.

Was Crown Princess Victoria the only foreign Royal to attend?

Was Crown Princess Victoria the only foreign Royal to attend?
Yes, it seems so, if you don't count the widow and daughter of prince Carl Bernadotte (princess Ragnhild's maternal uncle) as royals.

I'm rather surprised that there was no one from Belgium (and also Luxembourg). Ragnhild and Albert were first cousins after all.

why did victoria sit in the front row?
i think she walked down with Erling Lorentzen after the service

a video VGTV The end is very touching, when they all leave.
It's nice that Crown Princess Victoria and the widow and daughter of prince Carl Bernadotte (thanks for identifying!) were present as well.
The picture of CP Victoria together with Erling Lorentzen is so touching.

video of Princess Ragnhild's son Haakon holding a speech VGTV
"It is a strange feeling to lose your mother"

why did victoria sit in the front row?
i think she walked down with Erling Lorentzen after the service
I'd say because she was there representing her father. Carl Gustaf would have been seated in front row.

Yes, it seems so, if you don't count the widow and daughter of prince Carl Bernadotte (princess Ragnhild's maternal uncle) as royals.

Thanks I hadn't noticed Carl Bernadotte's daughter but I'll have another look!

Very interesting pictures. Thank you for providing links. Princess Victoria so kind to hold the arm of Erling Lorentzen. This must be the chapel where Princess Ragnhild was baptized as a child.

Back
Top Bottom