Annual Gala for Stortinget 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
From the Glittering Royals Message Board: King Harald and Queen Sonja hosted the annual gala banquet for the Members of the Norwegian Parliament this evening.

Crown Prince Haakon, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner and Ari Behn also attended.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Crown Princess has the flu, and was unable to attend. the Crown Prince looked wonderful with his sister and aunt though :)

Polfoto 23-10-2003 23.10.2003. King Harald and Queen Sonja held a dinner for the members of the Norwegian Parliament Thursday evening. Princess Märtha Louise, Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Astrid arriving.

Attachments

• NY_family_500a.jpg
    NY_family_500a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,012
Alexandria  Posted: Oct 24th, 2003 - 12:21 pm

Princess Märtha Louise, Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Astrid arriving.

Any idea how come Prince Haakon is looking so somber ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 25th, 2003 - 8:41 pm
Any idea how come Prince Haakon is looking so somber ?
Nobody better be messing with Prince Haakon or someone might sic the tabloids onto them. I hope everything is ok for this best prince of all. :(

Gala in Norway tonight for Stortinget.

Source: Afterposten and the Glittering Royal Events MB

Gala in Norway tonight for Stortinget.

Source: Afterposten and the Glittering Royal Events MB

Attachments

• GALLAMIDDAG_M02krom_231767g.jpg
    GALLAMIDDAG_M02krom_231767g.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 3,147
  • 231766g.jpg
    231766g.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,895
  • CAMZO7XU.jpg
    CAMZO7XU.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,448
  • CAXC7YZX.jpg
    CAXC7YZX.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,039
  • sp615df1.jpg
    sp615df1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,158
  • CATTNNIK.jpg
    CATTNNIK.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,778
  • sp615de4_art.jpg
    sp615de4_art.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,989
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures Alexandria. I love that green colour on Sonja.

I like CP M-M's tiara & earings. The skirt is a nice colour, but IMO it is too long. Also, I really do not like the her top at all. It seems way to big for her. She has such a nice figure, and should have worn something that flatters her more.

I admire King Harald ..... the way he does his duty. Always there, serving.

theprincess said:
I like CP M-M's tiara & earings. The skirt is a nice colour, but IMO it is too long. Also, I really do not like the her top at all. It seems way to big for her. She has such a nice figure, and should have worn something that flatters her more.
I still love the tiara. The dress make her loo fat than she real is.

hrhcp said:
I admire King Harald ..... the way he does his duty. Always there, serving.
True, but I don't know what he and the queen did w/ their children or at least their daughter

Reina said:
True, but I don't know what he and the queen did w/ their children or at least their daughter
What do you mean, Reina?? Please explain...

Ok what I meant was primarily about Martha. I am sorry, but she is a bit insane to me. and don't get me started on her husband. But I think that the king and queen are too lax and don't put enough restrictions/standards on their court.

The King's Gala Dinner for Stortinget - 2007

According to the programme for Stortinget - the King will host a gala dinner (as he does every year) for Stortinget on the 25th of October, at 20:00.

Dinner for Stortinget

Tonight the King and Queen host a gala for the members of the parliament and Stortinget.

TM the King and Queen, TRH The Crownprince and Crownprincess and HRH Princess Astrid attended the gala.

HM Queen Sonja recycled a red galagown, HRH Princess Mette-Marit recycled the light pink galadress she wore for King Harald's 70th birthday.

Well, the side view is very pretty, and also rather interesting.....

Well, the side view is very pretty, and also rather interesting.....

Indeed side view is very pretty. the dress gives an orange color rather than pink, intresting. I also like her hair. Queen looks lovely in the red dress:rolleyes:

I think Empress focussed on an other thing that looked interesting from the side, somewhere in the middle ;).

Nice to see HM wearing the pearl tiara again, I don´t think I have seen it recently, her dress is nice too (as is MM´s).

Does anybody know why Princess Astrids husband didn´t attend?

I think Empress focussed on an other thing that looked interesting from the side, somewhere in the middle ;).
Indeed, but her middle has looked practically like that since she last gave birth - depending on the cut of the clothes - I'm not holding my breath for an announcement. :ermm:

Does anybody know why Princess Astrids husband didn´t attend?

When the husbands (ie. Erling Lorentzen, Johan Martin Ferner & Ari Behn) attend these sort of galas they usually never walk in the procession. (It is extremely rare.)

Translated excerpt/summary from the king's speech:
I thought I would start tonight's speech by reading the part of the throne speech that I accidentally skipped at the opening of this year's Storting. However, as you've already debated the speech, it might be a tad late.

I'm not blaming my age, but 2007 has definitely been filled with people turning 70. Two of us, in less than 6 months. The Queen and I have marked that we've passed an important milestone, and normally we'd be retired by now. In any case, we should probably have been on some sort of class for seniors, or preparation class for old age. But we don't have a tradition for that here at the palace. What I have done, is to meet with people who have kept me up to date on the subject of the elders. And the Queen has used this year to climb some extra mountains.

He then goes on to thanking the Storting and the cabinet for the celebrations and gifts received for their birthdays. He also talked more about getting older and just because someone is getting older, they're not necessarily incapable of working. (It definitely does not sound like he'll be abdicating any day soon.)

He talks about digital class separations occurring in society as well as the recent elections in Norway, and mentions the Brazilian state visit.

Like he's done in some previous speeches he mentions some of the letters he gets, this time on the topic of the environment and talks a bit on climate changes in relation to Norway.

He also mentions the anniversaries connected to culture and Norwegian authors and composers.

He finished the speech by bringing the lines back to his grandparents on the occasion of the restoration of Bygdø Kongsgård, and thanking the politicians for allotting the funds for it.

Last edited:
Will MM be likely to attend after her fall?

Good question Marmi. I think we will have to wait and see. Probably depends on how MM feels in the next day or so. Something I have noticed is that they are not fast with reporting a cancellation. If she isn't going to attend we probably will not know until the day of the gala.

I know it's a different royal house but in Denmark a few months ago Marie was supposed to be somewhere with Joachim and he told the press during the event that she was not coming. No announcement was made before the event.

Aurora810 said:
Something I have noticed is that they are not fast with reporting a cancellation. If she isn't going to attend we probably will not know until the day of the gala.
They usually don't announce if a single person misses an event, but only if a whole event has to be cancelled.

Good question Marmi. I think we will have to wait and see. Probably depends on how MM feels in the next day or so.
I think so, too.
Today MM attended an event in Ukraine and she looked quite fine (smiling alot and so on)... but who knows.
She cancelled her private Visit to London.

So, we have to wait until tomorrow evening and then we'll see. :flowers:

I am glad to hear that MM was able to attend an event in Ukraine today. I hope that she feels well enough to attend this gala.

Back
Top Bottom