Annual Gala for Stortinget 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Thanks eya, marian & iceflower! :flowers:

Well, Norway's beloved, amazing, etc, etc, etc, etc, King was as funny as heck (as he always is during this particular speech) - and said: ''Årets middag er faktisk historisk: Aldri før har vi på samme tid hatt kvinner til å bekle stillingene til både Stortingspresident, Høyesterettsjustitiarius og Statsminister. Tidene forandrer seg. Til det bedre, vil mange med rette hevde. Jeg føler meg i hvert fall på rett sted. Når jeg i tillegg er omkranset av både Dronningen og Kronprinsessen, befinner jeg meg så å si midt i gullrekka.''
Translated to: ''This year's dinner is actually historic: Never before, at the same time, have we had women to cover the positions of both President of the Storting, Chief Justice and Prime Minister. Times are changing. For the better, many will rightly claim. At least, I feel myself at the right place. When I in addition is surrounded by both the Queen and the Crown Princess, I find myself, so to speak, in the middle of a row of gold.'' :lol: (Everyone was laughing, including the Crown Princess.)

He also took up a range of issues, such as: Metoo, the Golden Wedding Anniversary and warm meetings with the people.

Read the speech here: Stortingsmiddagen 2018: Kongens tale - kongehuset.no

NRK article: King Harald: - Metoo calls for reflection: Kong Harald: – Metoo maner til ettertanke.

Still some issues with the google translations, so use your owns!

--------------------

And then to our brave, beautiful, etc, etc, etc, etc, Crown Princess, who was in GREAT spirit, laughing all the time, especially when her father-in-law said something funny or when the President of the Storing mentioned all the political scandals this year (which one can read about in this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...onal-role-of-the-norwegian-monarch-43060.html).

I am crying seeing the CPcss. I went to a church today and lit a candle for her. I hope some of you might join in as joint prayers are very powerful!
Well, you were not the only one! ??

--------------------

The complete live coverage with receiving line and the speeches at the banquet! (NRK)
https://tv.nrk.no/serie/nyheter/NNFA41018818/25-10-2018
Thanks! :flowers: - And at 00:10 in the first video in the article below, you can see that former Prime Minister, Kjell Magne Bondevik (from the Christian Democratic Party), greeted the Crown Princess with both his hands and said somethings to her:

--------------------

As one also can see, guardsmen from The King's Guard stood along the procession-route inside the Royal Palace, first time we've seen that under a Stortingsdinner.
Also the first time the media was allowed to film the receiving-line in Speilsalen (the Music Hall), because we are usually seeing the guests walking through the rooms I mentioned in post 118.

--------------------

*and thanks to our reporter ROYAL NORWAY!
Reporter? Well, I hope that was meant as a complement. :lol:

But funniness aside: You're very welcome! :flowers:

--------------------

Added some more information, so I reposted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
I wonder why the queen and Crown Princess are no longer attending?

I wonder why the queen and Crown Princess are no longer attending?
Crown Princess Mette-Marit is probably exhausted by the literature tour in Germany. (Didn't she have to cancel some events during that tour, too?)

And the Queen is probably still sick. I read somewhere that she had to cancel an event in Kristiansand last week because of an infection of the upper respiratory passages.

The king will be glad that he can count on his sister to support him as long as you possibly can on moments like these.

The king will be glad that he can count on his sister to support him as long as you possibly can on moments like these.
It shows what a valuable resource an "extra set of hands" can be

Nice that the Crown Princess is attending.

Is it wrong to say Princess Astrid just keeps rolling right along?

She's an amazing lady.

Last edited by a moderator:
In her old days Princess Astrid is serving her Country ! Well done

And I hope that the next year Princess Ingrid-Alexandra will join her grandparents, parents and great-aunt. Would be amazing!

Is it wrong to say Princess Astrid just keeps rolling right along?

She's an amazing lady.

As she is famous for her humour and down to earth manner - she would love that ! ?

Please remember that posting links only is not allowed according to the TRF rules.

Just absolutely wonderful (and very moving ) to see Princess Astrid walking, I was expecting her in a wheelchair.

I'm hoping for Ingrid Alexandra (and Sverre maybe) attending the gala

Mette Marit didn't seem her happy self - hopefully that's just the picture - and not her feeling obligated to attend (because her father-in-law is already missing) while she didn't feel well.

Back
Top Bottom