75th Birthday of Princess Astrid

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Information from the royal webpage:

Monday 12.02 at 19:00. HM The King is hosting a dinner on the occasion of Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner's 75th birthday.

As it is officially on the calendar, I wonder if it will be a large-ish event. Considering that Princess Astrid used to be the first lady, I definitely think there ought to be an official photo, at least. ;)

The biography created for Astrid on the occasion of the 100 year anniversary for the Norwegian Independence and the royal house: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/1905-2005-june-biography-astrid-6009.html

I wonder if Haakon & Mette-Marit will make it back for the dinner, considering they're in NYC the day before for an event at MOMA?

kwanfan said:
I wonder if Haakon & Mette-Marit will make it back for the dinner, considering they're in NYC the day before for an event at MOMA?
I hope they will attend the galaevent.:rolleyes: Will Princess Ragnhild and her family attend Astrid's birthday or will they stay away like from the King's birthday later this month?

Her_Majesty said:
I hope they will attend the galaevent.:rolleyes: Will Princess Ragnhild and her family attend Astrid's birthday or will they stay away like from the King's birthday later this month?
From what I could gather from the article in VG, Princess Ragnhild and her husband won't attend either.

Her_Majesty said:
I dont know if this is a gala dinner or just a black tie event, the web just says "dinner". But I think the reason this dinner is given is to honour the Princess who was first lady for quite some years, I cant remeber the King giving a dinner, at the palace, for his other sister. Princess Astrid also gets a honorary pension from the state for her work.

Princess Ragnhild and her husband wont attend either birthdays as Norwegianne writes, beacuse they do not want to come to Norway at the moment (the paternety case beeing the supposed reason, recently Vg publishing an old Picture of Lorentzen with what he then belived was his daughter, never a dull moment in the NRF:wacko: ), Haakon ofcoruse will attend, as he is in Norway and according to the Palace Mette-Marit will come directly from New York to the birthday so unless there is some delay with the planes she will be there as well. I though read that atleast their oldest son and daughter in law, Haakon and Martha Lorentzen will attend Haralds birthday.

Happy 75th Birthday to Princess Astrid! :flowers:
I hope for some nice pictures this evening!

:flowers: Thank you Her Majesty the two ladies look lovely I especially like Sonja's dress

crm2317 said:
:flowers: Thank you Her Majesty the two ladies look lovely I especially like Sonja's dress

Great photo! :flowers:
Are there others?

Sonja's dress is exquisite!!! Very lovely!

The same picture and an Article (in Norwegian) on SIDE2.

I think they all look quite relaxed and happy. It's a bit sad Princess Ragnhild is missing on this photo and no other family members (like Astrid's children) are pictured with them.
Anyway, I think especially Sonja looks quite beautiful. :)

Out of the two ladies, I'd be inclined to say that Astrid looks the best. Don't get me wrong, I like Sonja's outfit and appearance, but there's just something very refreshing about the fact that Astrid doesn't try to look younger than she is.

Did any of the younger generation attend the birthday function?
THanks, linda 85

linda85 said:
Did any of the younger generation attend the birthday function?
THanks, linda 85

It said in an article in Aftenposten's web-edition, that family and friends would celebrate the birthday. So I should think that children and grandchildren, nephews/nieces and grand nephews/nieces would attend.

I really liked sonja's out fit !! is it new ??? hope there will be more pictures of everyone else at the party !

I found Queen Sonja elegant and perfect..her hairdo was lovely;)

sm1939 said:
I really liked sonja's out fit !! is it new ???
The top is new, but the skirt is recycled. She wore it for the Nobel Dinner last December. :flowers:

Her_Majesty said:
The top is new, but the skirt is recycled. She wore it for the Nobel Dinner last December. :flowers:

thanks for that info ! are there other pictures from the evening does any one know ???

Princess Astrid turns 75

The woman who once ranked as Norway's first lady was guest of honour at a special birthday dinner at the Royal Palace Monday evening
Princess Astrid is five years older than her brother King Harald, who turns 70 next week. While he and Queen Sonja will be at the center of huge celebrations in connection with their birthdays, Princess Astrid's celebration was relatively low-key.

King Harald was host ...read full article & source here

I want to see a photo of the crown prince and princess in the birthday of princess Astrid. Can somebody help me?:lol:

marian said:
I want to see a photo of the crown prince and princess in the birthday of princess Astrid. Can somebody help me?:lol:
I would like to see one,too, but it seems there were no other pictures taken during this event.
The Royal House published the two official Photos of the Royal Couple, Astrid & Mr. Ferner only.

Her_Majesty said:
I would like to see one,too, but it seems there were no other pictures taken during this event.
The Royal House published the two official Photos of the Royal Couple, Astrid & Mr. Ferner only.

I've only seen one, could you please direct me to the pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom