Queen Fabiola: the Woman Behind the Hairdo

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States

by LadyLeana

She has had the same hairdo for fifty years, but Queen Fabiola of Belgium has nevertheless moved with the times. From her childhood as a Spanish aristocrat during wartime to her experiences as a nurse to her marriage to the King of the Belgians to her long widowhood, her warmth, strength of character, and interest in her fellow human beings have ensured that she has become a one of the most memorable and beloved Queens of the 20th century.

More...

Last edited:
Our latest article is one of our best yet! It's an affectionate and informative tribute to one of Europe's most classy and most overlooked queens. Queen Fabiola of Belgium is often remembered only for her hairdo and her childlessness. There's so much more to her than that, and LadyLeana has really highlighted the woman who brought so much humanity to a life of duty and service.

The whole article team - Marengo and me on editing, Mandy with formatting, and TheTruth with yet another stunning collage and also some inspired photo-hunting at Flickr - has come together to hopefully do the author proud in her quest to give Queen Fabiola some well-deserved attention.

This biography was supposed to have been published on the 15th (Fabiola's wedding anniversary) - we nearly made it! ;)

First the Queen of Portugal, now Queen Fabiola - keep bringing them on! These articles are so interesting, I didn't really know much about her beyond the fact that she was Queen of Belgium and her famous hairdo. Encore!:flowers:

It is perhaps off-topic, if I am asking, if you like the hairdo of Queen Fabiola. Sorry. And, of course, my opinion is absolutely irrelevant: but I must say, that the hairdo of Queen Fabiola does not please me so much. On the other hand, it is possible that any other hairdo would perhaps be not as flattering as this one.

Thanks for an informative article! I have learnt many new facts about Queen Fabiola, a member of my most favourite Royal family in Europe.

Great job, LadyLeana - that was really interesting.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :flowers:

About her hairdo, Tilla, I can't really say if I like it, I've always known her like that, I just can't imagine her any other way. However, King Baudouin liked her hair that way, which is why she kept it the same since her engagement.

Thank you for your reply, LadyLeana. This I find very sweet of Queen Fabiola, that she is keeping her hairdo in remembrance of Her beloved husband. By the way, do you not also think that it is obvious and remarkable, how many Royal Ladies continue to keep the same hairstyle over years and years? Personally, I am fond of it and try to take the same attitude. Regards.

Thank you. I really enjoyed reading this informative article on Queen Fabiola.

The story was entertaining. There is so much there to captivate one through the life of the Queen of Belgium. There was much to learn and to follow was worth the time. Do keep bringing us stories of the beloved Royals. Thanks for bringing us such an interesting depiction of a life of a person to have become Royal. Being so eligible the King must really have thought Fabiola to be quite a beauty. Again thanks for relaying the short and interesting biography.

Thanks so much for this informative article on one of my favorite Royals...it IS a shame that everyone thinks she is only about religion, because she is an intelligent and imaginative and multi-faceted woman.

Her faith is just a big part of her life.

And anyone who is silly enough to believe that she and Baudouin were not in love on their wedding day need only to look at the special video in their wedding thread. Pay special attention to when they appeared together on the Palace balcony...if they had been any happier that day, they would have sprouted wings and flown! They looked like they were in utter bliss.

Dear LadyLeana,

I too wish to express my gratitude with your lovely article on Queen Fabiola. I really enjoyed it, especially so as She was one of my Favourite Royals as long ago as when I was just a young girl. The obvious mutual love of the Royal couple was just Gorgeous. I also loved the fact that She was SO generous and loving, especially to the downtrodden and to those that perhaps "did not fit in" shall we say.
Like Alexandra, Fabiola really stood out in this regard. Together with Her independent spirit and classic dignity and elegance, Queen Fabiola was a real Gem!

Thank you. This article about Queen Fabiola is very interesting.

I don't really like Queen's Fabiola hairdoss, but your article is great, Ladyleana. I think she really is a very interesting woman. You made people to know more about her. I think she deserved it...and that you deserves a great: "Hurray!!!" for your skills as a writer.

Vanesa.:flowers:

We don't get to hear much about this lady so this was a very informative article. Thanks

Thanks so much for this informative article on one of my favorite Royals...it IS a shame that everyone thinks she is only about religion, because she is an intelligent and imaginative and multi-faceted woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom