Queen Elisabeth Of The Belgians (1876-1965)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anybody please tell me why she was called the red queen please

betina said:
Can anybody please tell me why she was called the red queen please

As Catherine explained above, Queen Elisabeth was the first royal to visit USSR at the time there was a major threat from communism (Red). She also visited China later on. At the time when having liberal ideas was really a threat, visiting communist countries really just put a label on her, that of the "Red Queen."

ok thanks but i tried to reed all the text but i must have missed that part but thanks for the explanation

queen Elisabeth (paris match)

1108yu.jpg

Is this a tiara ?? Or more a headband?

If it is a tiara could it be the Art-Deco tiara in a older style or could it be her second bandeau tiara ???

Hans said:
Is this a tiara ?? Or more a headband?
If it is a tiara could it be the Art-Deco tiara in a older style or could it be her second bandeau tiara ???
Queen Elisabeth is wearing a diamond bandeau. Bandeau tiaras were very popular in in the 20s and 30s when hair styles were shorter and the fashion was to wear them lower on the head or across the forehead.

Hello,
I am searching for more pictures off Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians. Who can help me?

Best regards

Ralf

Queen Elisabeth

Thank you verry much!! I writing a book about the life off Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians. I need some photo's of the sister of Elisabeth, Sophie zu Toerring Jettenbach at older age. Who can help me?

Wow wow Queen Elisabeth was elegant and old grand lady!!! She was see out good alert and happy!!! She was mother and grandmother... and love Queen Elisabeth of Belgium. Who photo boy on kisses to Queen Elisabeth? Boy is Albert or Baudouin? or grandchildren to Queen Elisabeth. She have many grandchildren and great-grandchildren???

I believe it's her grandson King Boudouin that kisses her. She had 10 grandchildren (4 children of her daughter Marie Jose and 6 children of King Leopold III) Her other son, Karel, had a daughter, but it was out of mariage. He never married.

I didn't realize that "The red queen" was the aunt (or cousin?) of "The red Archduchess" Elisabeth of Austria (the daughter of Crown Prince Rudolph and Crown Princess Stephanie (born Princess of Belgium) who married after WWI. a social democrat prolitician and left most of her Habsburg-Inheritance to the Austrian citizens via the Austria State.

For those interested in genealogy: Elisabeth of Belgium was the daughter of Karl Theodor von Wittelbach, Duke in Bavaria whose sister was Elisabeth ("Sissi") empress of Austria and mother of Crown Prince Rudolph.

Interesting. Have to reread the biography of Archduchess Elisabeth to see if her cousin the Belgian queen is mentioned.

Elisabeth and Queen Mary of England.

elisabeth_mary.jpg

Cool Pic , Were they close? (Friendship and Bloodline)

They often met. There were no related, I think. Because Mary of Tecks´family was just only known in England.

Thanks for all the pictures! She was a fabulous queen. Marie-Jose looked so much like her. Its too bad that beautiful Cartier tiara got sold by Liliane.

Wonderful thread!
I really like so much this queen. A woman with a deep sense of her duty -and it sound strange to me if I remember she has empress Elisabeth as her aunt and godmother! but I suppose Karl Theodor and his wife María José did their job as parents very well ;)

By the way...any picture of Elisabeth as a toddler, or a young lady? I mean, when she was a young duchess in Bavaria...

On the occasion of Elisabeth's engagement to Albert:

Attachments

• Albert&Elisabeth.jpg
    Albert&Elisabeth.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 975
Elisabeth carried herself in such a way as to command respect and even King Leopold II watched his language when in her presence.

Back
Top Bottom