King Baudouin (1930-1993) and Queen Fabiola (1928-2014) of the Belgians

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No only Comtesse Solange.
On the day of the Event a Lady in Waiting concerning the Event. My cousine and friends have been for one day her Lady of Waiting. They told me The Royal Palace asked informations about them before.

This is her Joyeuse Entrée in Brussels.
Dona Fabiola wears for the first time the brooch she received as engagament Present from Princess Lilian. She never wore it after her Wedding and some said it was send back to Argenteuil !
Her Vison Hat was so succesful that all the Belgian Ladies wore the same !

Last edited:
This is her Joyeuse Entrée in Brussels.
Dona Fabiola wears for the first time the brooch she received als engagament Present from Princess Lilian. She never wore it after her Wedding and some said it was send back to Argenteuil !
Her Vison Hat was so succesful that all the Belgian Ladies wore the same !

Never knew that wonder what became of it after that?

Such a handsome guy.

…and it will always be really funny that he went to the DRC and that’s exactly what people there started calling him. :lol:

I know you are only copying whats described in the video title but Belgian Monarchs are not crowned the kingdom doesn't even possess a Crown let alone a few tiaras ;)

According to Wim Dehandschutter former president Mobutu of Congo tried to blackmail king Baudouin by threatening to make the existence of Delphine Boël public knowledge. After that their relationship soured.

From one of his intelligence agencies? Anyway it was kind of an open secret for years among the aristocracy and the Royal Courts of Europe from what I understand.

A lot of important people knew it .
At the end of the Economic Missions the Airplane stopped in London for Prince Albert of Liege .

From one of his intelligence agencies? Anyway it was kind of an open secret for years among the aristocracy and the Royal Courts of Europe from what I understand.
But Mobutu wasn’t part of those circles, so it’s likely he got the info from spies and informants. I don’t think all of the courts of Europe knew, but Queen Paola and her sister knew about it definitely.

:previous: Right, I should have corrected myself and said that the BRF's intimate friends in the other European Royal families likely knew about Delphine.

Yes, I think the only one who didn't know was Delphine herself, as she's said.

It's sad in that I have the vague sense Baudouin and Fabiola probably would have liked her. Not to mention Delphine being another child in need of more care and support than she got.

Back
Top Bottom