The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2021, 11:36 AM
Majesty

King Baudouin was absolutely not a modern King and had an old fashion staff.
King Philippe has a top staff. the best !
King Albert II did well his unexpected Reign and was a link between the 2 Kings
Yes He should be proud about the perfect behavior of the King , the Queen and their Children.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I quite agree with this. I don't think Belgium will ever see such a national gathering again.

As for the latter part - I believe that in some ways King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are more Baudouin and Fabiola's son and daughter-in-law than Albert and Paola's.

And when I watch King Philippe's ascending the throne and that everything went smoothly - I have the feeling that King Baudouin is bursting with pride. That, in contrast with his own ascension, is what he prepared his nephew for for all those years.
From the Emperor of Japan to Queen Elizabeth II,Queen Beatrix,all Reigning Monarchs attended Baudouin s funeral,as Baudouin was a Reigning Monarch as well.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
From the Emperor of Japan to Queen Elizabeth II,Queen Beatrix,all Reigning Monarchs attended Baudouin s funeral,as Baudouin was a Reigning Monarch as well.
And to that also a lot of Presidents

Old 01-14-2021, 12:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
<

And what was so impressive all walked from the Royal Palace to the St.Gudele & St.Michael Cathedral.a very impressive procession.

Except QEII and Mitterrand,merci Marengo...
Old 01-14-2021, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Then President Clinton sent Gerald Ford, Bush Sr. and Jimmy Carter to Brussels to represent him at Baudouin's funeral.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-14-2021, 04:29 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I don't remember seeing photos of them at the funeral service. That would have been quite a delegation!

President Mitterand and Queen Elizabeth II did not walk in the procession but came by car, probably due to security concerns. I assume the American presidents would not have walked in the procession for the same reason.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Aslo don't remeber the american Presidents at the funeral f King Baudouin but alot of them attended the funeral of King Hussein of Jordan. Yes i found it also very impressive that all the royals and Heads of State walked behind the coffin from the Royal Palace to the Cathedral.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

His reign was long by Belgian Royal standards 42 years I think only Leopold II reigned for slightly longer.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:20 AM
Majesty

The Protocole did one mistake placing President and Madame Mitterand at the 4 row behind Crown Prince Willem Alexander.
But at the lunch after the Funerals the President was placed next to Queen Fabiola
Old 01-27-2021, 08:23 AM
Majesty

I just remembber of story a well known Priest (Jésuite)told us :

He was invited for Dinner at the Castle of laeken. He lived in a community House and when he took his car to go , no contact and then he took a small truck with tags from someone living at his place.

He arrived at the Castle of Laeken and the guards of the Main Gate were surprised but He showed his invitation and they told him not to park just before the Castle.

He met King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola. He wanted to see the Queen' s engagement ring etc.. But nothing happened because the King asked to the go: "Père A. Quel a été votre cheminement spirituel ? " and then he spoke spoke..

They had a nice evening , I thought he could leave easily , but the King and the Queen stayed before their Castle and he has to explain about his car... They waved until he left the Gate.

He said since then in our House we stay and wave until our guests are away...
Old 01-28-2021, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Comtesse Solange de Liedekerke was Queen Fabiola Lady in Waiting during 50 years.She passed away 2 years after the Queen. Unmarried she followed the Royal Couple at Motril too. She was Grand Cordon de l' Ordre de Léopold ans ea Commandeur de l' Ordre du Zaire.

Actually Queen Mathilde has 5 Ladies in Waiting.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Did Queens Fabiola and Paola also have 5 ladies in waiting?
Old 01-28-2021, 10:32 AM
Majesty

No only Comtesse Solange.
On the day of the Event a Lady in Waiting concerning the Event. My cousine and friends have been for one day her Lady of Waiting. They told me The Royal Palace asked informations about them before.

Tags
king baudouin, queen fabiola