Silver Jubilee of Queen Beatrix: April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DDD

Aristocracy
Next year Queen Beatrix it´s her silver jubileum. A special, governmental National Committee has already been established to prepare/arrange the festivities in 2005 to celebrate the fact that H.M. Queen Beatrix has been in office for 25 years (30 April 2005). Now they´ve made a website for her celebrations
http://www.25jaarkoninginbeatrix.nl
What should the Dutch monarch do for her celebrations?

Will Queen Beatrix invite European Royals to attend party like Queen Elizabeth II in 2002?

Originally posted by LizvBo@May 27th, 2004 - 7:09 pm
Will Queen Beatrix invite European Royals to attend party like Queen Elizabeth II in 2002?
good points!

maybe she would intives HM Queen and HM King, Crown Prince & Crown Princess, Prince & Princess, Earl & Countess and Duke& Duchess maybe more Royalty Families or she would intives small family like HM Queen 2 did!

Sara Boyce

I would love to see a fantastic tiara get together :)

I would love to see HM invite all the Reigning monarchs of the world, with the Crown Princes and their wives. Crown Princess Victoria as well :)

I like a tiara event as well, but Beatrix dislikes tiara's, it gives her a headache. I do not think there will be a party like this, the jubilee is about beatrix & her country. If she does give a royal party I am sure that HM Q Elizabeth II will not come, she never does.
I do not think things will be very grand, Beatrix dislikes that & she is to introvert & shy to want to be celebrated (she didn t want this jubilee to be vcelebrated in the first place). I think the festivities will be small & will stress the different cultures in the netherlands, no military parade, no large balls, no concerts etc.

Originally posted by Helena@Jun 1st, 2004 - 9:33 am
I like a tiara event as well, but Beatrix dislikes tiara's, it gives her a headache. I do not think there will be a party like this, the jubilee is about beatrix & her country. If she does give a royal party I am sure that HM Q Elizabeth II will not come, she never does.
I do not think things will be very grand, Beatrix dislikes that & she is to introvert & shy to want to be celebrated (she didn t want this jubilee to be vcelebrated in the first place). I think the festivities will be small & will stress the different cultures in the netherlands, no military parade, no large balls, no concerts etc.
oh really!

Sara Boyce

What a pity! :( That would really be a shame. Other royals would celebrate it huge.
Like the 60th birthday of Queen Magrethe and King Carl Gustaf were huge, tiara events etc. But Queen Beatrix didn´t have a tiara event, just a normal ball.

Originally posted by Helena@Jun 1st, 2004 - 10:33 am
. If she does give a royal party I am sure that HM Q Elizabeth II will not come, she never does.
Elizabeth thinks she is superior to other royals, that's why she won't lower herself to mix with them.

Originally posted by Iain+Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:14 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iain @ Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:14 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Helena@Jun 1st, 2004 - 10:33 am
. If she does give a royal party I am sure that HM Q Elizabeth II will not come, she never does.
Elizabeth thinks she is superior to other royals, that's why she won't lower herself to mix with them. [/b][/quote]
This is probably a really dumb question, but why does she think like that? I notice she never ever goes to weddings or parties or anything happening among the other Euro royal houses. It's sad.
-Kara-

Originally posted by suturegeisha+Jul 3rd, 2004 - 10:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (suturegeisha @ Jul 3rd, 2004 - 10:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Iain@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:14 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Helena
@Jun 1st, 2004 - 10:33 am

Elizabeth thinks she is superior to other royals, that's why she won't lower herself to mix with them.
This is probably a really dumb question, but why does she think like that? I notice she never ever goes to weddings or parties or anything happening among the other Euro royal houses. It's sad.
-Kara- [/b][/quote]
It has a lot to do with the English mentality. They see themselves as different from other nations and therefore a superior race. There is the belief that all things English/British are somehow better and more important. This belief extends to the royal family. I've heard British royalists say that the Windsors are the only royalty in the world. Tell them that other countries have royal families and they come out with stupid statements like "Oh they're not real royality, they only have their titles because our queen allows them to use them." I heard another say thet the other royals do not have the "breeding" thet the windsors have. That last point could be true. The other royals are normal, sane people. That's something the disfunctunal Windsors are not. The Windsors have allowed themselves to think that they are superior to hide the fact that they are not the rightful royal family so they have let themselves believe that they are more important, and somehow above other royals. For someone with "breeding" Elizabeth ofeten shows the height of bad manners by not attending foreign royal events.

Originally posted by Iain+Jul 5th, 2004 - 11:30 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iain @ Jul 5th, 2004 - 11:30 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by suturegeisha@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 10:08 pm
Originally posted by Iain@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:14 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Helena
@Jun 1st, 2004 - 10:33 am

-Kara-
It has a lot to do with the English mentality. They see themselves as different from other nations and therefore a superior race. There is the belief that all things English/British are somehow better and more important. This belief extends to the royal family. I've heard British royalists say that the Windsors are the only royalty in the world. Tell them that other countries have royal families and they come out with stupid statements like "Oh they're not real royality, they only have their titles because our queen allows them to use them." I heard another say thet the other royals do not have the "breeding" thet the windsors have. That last point could be true. The other royals are normal, sane people. That's something the disfunctunal Windsors are not. The Windsors have allowed themselves to think that they are superior to hide the fact that they are not the rightful royal family so they have let themselves believe that they are more important, and somehow above other royals. For someone with "breeding" Elizabeth ofeten shows the height of bad manners by not attending foreign royal events. [/b][/quote]
Queen Elizabeth II doesn’t often attend foreign royal events because the foreign department doesn’t let her go. It is an unwritten tradition that the Queen never attends foreign funerals or weddings and other events. Some people think it’s old fashioned snobbery and perhaps it is. The Queen is also very rarely invited directly. It has nothing to do with the fact the Queen thinks she is superior to other royals, if she was I don’t think she would be good friends with fellow royals such as the Queen of Norway, the King of Spain, the Ex-King and Queen of Greece, and Grand-Duke Jean of Luxembourg.

Queen Elizabeth II doesn’t often attend foreign royal events because the foreign department doesn’t let her go. It is an unwritten tradition that the Queen never attends foreign funerals or weddings and other events. Some people think it’s old fashioned snobbery and perhaps it is. The Queen is also very rarely invited directly. It has nothing to do with the fact the Queen thinks she is superior to other royals, if she was I don’t think she would be good friends with fellow royals such as the Queen of Norway, the King of Spain, the Ex-King and Queen of Greece, and Grand-Duke Jean of Luxembourg.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if that's true. I don't think Elizabrth is the kind of person to let people forbid her from doing something and anyway, why should the foreign department not allow her? Unless it is as I said before the English mentality regarding all things not English.

As boring as the Windsors truly are, you can't forget all the territory they're supposed to visit:

- Australia
- Canada
- New Zealand
....and 65 odd other Commonwealth Nations.

that alone is more than any other royal family has direct rule over.

still though - gimme the forward thinking Glucksborgs anyday!

:)

from the BRMB:
some new information about the celebrations:
Scheveningen will be at the center of celebrations.
It was here that (the later) King Willem I
landed in 1815,returning from exile
after the French occupation.

Kalender:
29 april Amsterdam
30 april Den Haag
12 mei Groningen (prov)
24 mei Limburg
3 juni Gelderland
21 juni Overijssel
27 september Flevoland
8 oktober Drenthe

Noord- en Zuid-Holland celebrate together: Holland Month in November 2005 announcement Noord-Holland, Utrecht en Fryslân 7 jan; Brabant en Zuid-Holland 12 jan, Zeeland 14 jan.

More from BRMB:

1. National open air concert on the eve of Queen's Day in Dam Square as well as inside the palace (coinciding with the 350 anniversary of the palace), attended by the HM and RF.
2. Inauguration (leaded) Window at Apeldoorn's big church and at New Church Amsterdam.
3. Winkler Prins/Encarta Encyclopaedia of The House of Orange-Nassau.
4. Horse-/carriage-event at Het Loo Palace grounds in August.
5. H.M. visiting all capitals of the Dutch provinces and the overseas parts of the Kingdom: the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.
6. H.M. celebrating Queen's Day at The Hague/Scheveningen, the Royal Residence.
7. Special coin, special stamp.
8. 'Vivat Oraenge' a 17th C. still-life of De Heem will be offered to the Queen as national gift (worth 800,000 euro), a painting with a very royal history and provenance.
9. The Prince of Orange asked the organisation of mega maritime event 'Sail 2005' of which he is patron would include the Jubilee of his mother in the programme.

Last edited:
from BRMB
Three tv jubilee shows about 25 years Beatrix

Posted by joris on 14/2/2005, 7:09:14
[size=-2]User logged in as: jovadewo

[size=-2]213.84.12.70[/size] As of tomorrow Ivo Niehe will present 'In naam van Oranje' (Dutch TROS TV) about highlights of Beatrix's Silver Reign. A series of three shows. There will be lots of tv fragments concerning highlights in past 25 years in Dutch history often Beatrix-linked.
Artists will be asked to give their vision of the Queen, viewers will be able to say what was their favourite most memorable 'Beatrix Moment' and foreign 'royalty watchers' will give their opinion regarding Queen Beatrix. Press release:
Dit jaar jubileert koningin Beatrix. Haar 25-jarig regeringsjubileum wordt op 30 april groots gevierd met een Nationale Manifestatie op het Malieveld in Den Haag. Voorafgaand aan dit jubileumfeest, presenteert Ivo Niehe drie programma's over het 25-jarig regeringsjubileum van koningin Beatrix. In deze programma's wordt kunstenaars naar hun visie op het Nederlandse staatshoofd gevraagd, mogen kijkers hun meest memorabele Beatrix-moment kiezen en geven buitenlandse 'royalty watchers' hun mening over Beatrix.
(TV Show: In Naam Van Oranje (TROS) wordt op 15 februari uitgezonden)

[/size]

from BRMB:

SBS will show the first of its specials about Silver Queen Beatrix this evening at 19.35 hrs.

Congratulations to Queen Beatrix on achieving such a milestone! may she continue to reign for many more years to come.

What kind of jubilee celebrations can we expect in the next few weeks as we approach Queensday? Will Queensday be extra special this year?

I think it would be great celebrations this Saturday.It must be a great and colourful day in The Netherlands.

But anybody know will they have any Service or Thanksgiving Ceremony at the Church like Queen Elizabeth II's in June 2002 at St Paul's Cathedral?

Will the whole family be together on Saturday?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
But anybody know will they have any Service or Thanksgiving Ceremony at the Church like Queen Elizabeth II's in June 2002 at St Paul's Cathedral?

In December there is a Service with protestants, catholics, muslims etc. in the Dom Church in Utrecht.

marezdote said:
Will the whole family be together on Saturday?

Yes, it is Queens day. So at least all the members of the royal house will be there (maybe not the pregnant Marilene and all the grandchildren).

The Queen get a window in the New Church in Amsterdam and also a second window in the Great Church of Apeldoorn.

Here is a picture of the window in Apeldoorn:

Attachments

• homeimg.gif
    homeimg.gif
    168.9 KB · Views: 204
I wonder if Aimee and Anita will be there, I hope so! I believe Marilene attended queensday during her engagement as well, so did Annette.

Preparations
Pics:
1. "The Netherlands congratulate the Queen"
2. The Queen received the program
3. Paintings of Beatrix in Madam Tussaud
4. A gift of the people for the Queen. A schip for the Princess Beatrix Foundation, for disabled people.
5. The Queen will visit the 12 provinces
6 and 7. Preparations in Amsterdam for the concert on 29 April
8. Preparations in Scheveningen / The Hague for Queens day on 30 April
9. Commemorative plate from Frysland
10. Commemorative plate from Delft. See link: http://www.royaldelft.com//index.cfm?pid=669

Attachments

• 2626678.jpg
    2626678.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 2639742.jpg
    2639742.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 2640373.jpg
    2640373.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 2644679.jpg
    2644679.jpg