Queen Beatrix Speaking

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there more clips so that members can hear what Queen Beatrix sounds like?

I always find it interesting to hear royals speaking when all you're used to is seeing pictures of them.

bct88 said:
I found a different clip of Queen Beatrix speaking in English. Thankfully, it worked. ;) Here it is. You can also hear Prince Bernhard, Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Constantijn, Mabel Wisse Smit, Prince Johan Friso, and Princess Maxima speaking. Only Queen Beatrix and Prince Bernhard are speaking English.

Can you help me locate that page again? It seems to just go to a seach engine now. :(

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/dossiers/25jaarbeatrix/historie/staatsbezoeken.html
Various State visits - She speaks English VERY well in the videos. WA is also included on some of these. Click on the little cameras to see each short video clip. She makes a speech in English in the "Israel" video clip and the "Verenigde Staten" clip. It was funny to see Reagan and Beatrix looking younger!:p Queen Beatrix is speaking English conversationally in the other ones (very refreshing and nice to hear).

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/dossiers/25jaarbeatrix/historie/inhuldiging.html
This is from April of 1980 when she became Queen Beatrix. She makes her oath and a speech in Dutch.

Last edited:
Hello to Everyone!

I'm new here, but just wanted to say that I loved those links! Hearing Queen Beatrix speaking in English really was wonderful. She has such elegance - she's stunning to watch!

Sam

Well, this isn't exactly QB speaking, but rather Claus. I was hoping that a Dutch member might be able to help with a little translation of what he says in the video called "Geboorte prins Willem-Alexander" on this website:
http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/templat...atie&artid=7342
It's a very nice video and Claus presents WA right after he was born. Then he makes some sort of speech from his desk and I was wondering what he said!
Thanks very much to anyone who can help!!!

I wonder too, if anyone can tell me how Claus' Dutch was? Being German-born, was his Dutch heavily accented with German intonations? I often hear about Henrik of Denmark's Danish being rather difficult to understand because of his heavy French accent even after all these years of living in Denmark.

Does anyone have any similar files of Queen Margrethe speaking?

SpiffyBallerina said:
Well, this isn't exactly QB speaking, but rather Claus. I was hoping that a Dutch member might be able to help with a little translation of what he says in the video called "Geboorte prins Willem-Alexander" on this website:
http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/templat...atie&artid=7342
It's a very nice video and Claus presents WA right after he was born. Then he makes some sort of speech from his desk and I was wondering what he said!
Thanks very much to anyone who can help!!!

I'm just gunna keep bumping up this thread until someone helps meeeeee....:p

The video says that princess Beatrix gave birth to Willem-Alexander,
Queen Juliana left her royal nepalese guest in amsterdam to leave for utrecht where the first prince was born over a hundred years.
And the little kids in school could eat round bisquits with orange sweet candy stuff, a common thing in the netherlands when a baby is born.
Then they move to Drakenstiijn, that's the little castle princess BEatric bought, it is next to palace Soestdijk, the residence of her parents.
After that Prince Claus thanks the people of the netherlands. A few days after that it was the birthday of queen Juliana, celebrated at her own palace.

I know queen Beatrix speaks a few languages, including english, french, italian and german, but i never heard her speak french, italian and german. Does someone has a video of that?

I heard her speaking German once. I think it was when she received the Karlspreis in Aix-la-Chapelle/Aachen/Aken (in Germany) a few years ago. I thought it was in 1996, but I'm not sure. Maybe that helps? But I'm not sure whether it was then when she spoke German, but it's very likely that she did. I remember she spoke it very well and without accent.

It is funny to hear her speak Dutch. I dont know how to say it but it sounds extremely chique and expensive. he english is also so, but i;m very curious how her french and german is. She spoke german with President Putin during this state-visit, so are there actually video's of that?

DDD said:
The video says that princess Beatrix gave birth to Willem-Alexander,
Queen Juliana left her royal nepalese guest in amsterdam to leave for utrecht where the first prince was born over a hundred years.
And the little kids in school could eat round bisquits with orange sweet candy stuff, a common thing in the netherlands when a baby is born.
Then they move to Drakenstiijn, that's the little castle princess BEatric bought, it is next to palace Soestdijk, the residence of her parents.
After that Prince Claus thanks the people of the netherlands. A few days after that it was the birthday of queen Juliana, celebrated at her own palace.

I know queen Beatrix speaks a few languages, including english, french, italian and german, but i never heard her speak french, italian and german. Does someone has a video of that?

Thanks so much for your help!:D Claus was so cute speaking from that desk and they kept showing Beatrix as he was talking- a very cute moment I think.

I really like the Video of the Engagement of Beatrix and Claus.
You can hear them both speaking English and Dutch (And Claus German).
Beatrix starts giggeling from time to time and her voice sounds really "high" in this video. ;)

I think so. Her voice is a little bitter deeper than the voice of Margriet and a little bit 'sratchy', if you can say so. ;-)

That is wonderful hearing them sing! Does anyone have the words for what they are singing? I would appreciate it. Thanks. :)

It's amazing to hear Beatrix sing! And it's quite a nice song too. Does anyone know how well this song went and has the Queen spoken about it since?

It was just a private joke. A friend of Pieter, who played his music or music of his friend in radio, get one of the records and played it. but the RVD confiscate the record after played the first time. But somebody recorded the radioprogramm for his mother and thats why we all have fun with that song.

What a shame! It's sad that this song didn't get wider coverage. I think it shows the Queen has a fun side (although that's obvious through other things we see).

The song was record before shr became queen. but I also think, that it is an shame.:p

I would like 2 see the crown jewels of the Dutch royal family.
if omebody can send me some information please,
thanks

I once heard an Interview HM gave to the BBC a number of years ago, she discussed QEII and sabdication and spoke perfect English

The queen sounds more dominating in her native dutch then in english.

Can anyone translate? How often are there interviews with the Queen and Prince of Orange?

Back
Top Bottom