Queen Beatrix Announces Abdication: January 28, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:The triple A is still next in line,Emmily, however being in a dynast means belonging to the Dutch Royal House.

Really is this true? I thought his daughters were the next in line.

That's not got anything to do with his daughters, Margriets two sons will cease to be in line for the throne. All has to do with proximity of blood to The Monarch.

Last edited:
"Bitter sweet" is an excellent way to describe this ( if the prediction is correct). I hope that Willem/Maxima feel ready to take on this. But as previous posts have informed, it is a tradition, so I guess it is something they have known was likely to happen.

I would be pretty sure that the Queen has spoken to them both or at least her son. Im also sure the Queen wouldn't be doing it if she wasn't confident enough in them.

Oh man, Queen Maxima will rock the jewel vault. It'll be so cool to see

Really is this true? I thought his daughters were the next in line.

Well, Amalia will become Princess of Orange, then her sisters are coming as nos 2 and 3. Then Constantin, following by his children. And then...... the children of Beatrix sisters. So quite a long line to the throne.
BYe Bine

I know, this is very exciting and yet it will be sad to see Beatrix step down.

And then...... the children of Beatrix sister. So quite a long line to the throne.
BYe Bine

When WA becomes King, Maurits and Bernhard will have no succession rights.

Correct me if I am wrong but, if she abdicates, Willem-Alexander will be King Willem VI and Catharina-Amalia will be the Princess of Orange (first female with this title in her own right).

It's a really bittersweet moment, I have mixed feelings. I'm excited to see Willem-Alexander and Maxima as King and Queen and at the same time I'm sad for the probably abdication.
I think Queen Beatrix is a great and strong woman and she has done an amazing job as Monarch.

I don't know a lot about Dutch royal history, but I knew about the tradition of abdication and had kind of been anticipating that news like this would come sooner rather than later after Friso's accident. Maybe this is the time frame Beatrix has always had in mind regarding abdicating, but I also can't imagine a harder situation for a parent to go through than what's happening with her son. She may want to be able to devote more time and energy to him. And, of course, I also hope she has many good years ahead of her to spend with her other children and her grandchildren.

Correct me if I am wrong but, if she abdicates, Willem-Alexander will be King Willem VI and Catharina-Amalia will be the Princess of Orange (first female with this title in her own right).

Won't he be William IV?

WA and Maxima accompany Beatrice on so many overseas trips. I've always wondered why, but perhaps it's part of the "training?"

Definately.
She also did not want to go alone since the death of her beloved Claus.
But this is the best way possible for a perfect training. Looking at the Queen, accompanying her and learn. Last lesson was last week in Brunei and Singapore. And both young generation did a great (and splendid) job!
BYe Bine

No, he will be King Willem IV and Amalia will not be the princess of Orange, she will be the princess of orange at the age of 18.

Im watching on NOS Live even though I won't have a clue what Beatrix is saying lol

No, he will be King Willem IV and Amalia will not be the princess of Orange, she will be the princess of orange at the age of 18.

Why age 18? Wilhelm was Prince of Orange at age 13.

I wish the live stream would have sub titles for those of us who don't speak Dutch.

I have read before but I'm not quite sure now, but Margriet's son will lose the title of princes?

Prayers and thoughts for all the Dutch Royal Family at this moment in history.

Twitter went crazy by the way. Friso and Beatrix are TT worldwide.
5 more minutes to go...

No, he was the heir to the throne at age 7 not The Prince Of Orange, the heir will get that title when he or she turns 18.

I hate that I don't speak Dutch.

If this is an Abdication and there is a new King, do foreign royals attend? As in, will we see Charles and Camilla attend (as I can't imagine, although they do a great job, that Edward and Sophie would be sent to a Coronation of sorts), as we know the British Royals aren't renowned for attending many things.

On Euronews there is a woman translating. Thank God.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom