Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Mahler .....realy interesting

Old 10-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatten View Post
Muhler, are there biographies of Queen Ingrid and King Frederik in English or German?
I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Thank you Mahler .....realy interesting
You are welcome.

And in all fairness to the Greek governments, I should perhaps point out that the DRF siding with the GRF is perhaps very much influenced by the close family ties.
We can debate endlessly about who was really to blame for the GRF having to go into exile and why.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
It took the DRF, or rather QMII, many years to forgive the Greek governments for forcing the GRF to go into exile and it was only within the past fifteen years or so that the DRF finally visited Greece - despite several Danish governments wishes for state visits - but QMII can be very stubborn when she want's to... It lies in the family as you all know.
It was only after the GRF was officially welcome in Greece that the DRF also would travel to Greece

Candidata Theologiae / Master in Theology
Old 10-27-2015, 06:23 AM
Gentry

Good for Daisy! King E VII also believed in solidarity in his "profession" as he called it . He refused to meet King peter of Serbia's ambassador

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know a biography (English) of Queen Ingrid? Let me know!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

A Google came up with this:
http://www.amazon.com/Frederick-Quee.../dp/B000F1YJMY
Old 11-15-2015, 05:48 PM
Gentry

Very interesting documentary of Dronning Ingrid.
Completely danish, but the subtitles were very helpful.

It is definitely worth seeing.

På sporet af dronningerne - 600 års Danmarkshistorie (6:6) - Ingrid
https://www.dr.dk/tv/se/pa-sporet-af...istorie-6-6#!/
Old 11-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

They have expired.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Gentry

Yesterday it worked . Sorry .
Old 03-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

An old photo !( I love these photos)

Queen Ingrid with her Son-In- Laws

https://scontent.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...83&oe=595E0D73
Old 04-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Ingrid as Crown Princess

May 8, 1963: Queen Ingrid looked at the imperial jewels of Iran during her visit with the Shah and Empress of Iran.
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-ma...-69404529.html
Old 06-22-2018, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Queen Ingrid with the grandchildren
Unikke billeder: Børnebørnenes fantastiske sommer hos dronning Ingrid | BILLED-BLADET Nostalgi
Old 11-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Today, 18 years ago, Queen Ingrid passed away. On this day it is a tradition that a wreath is placed at King Frederik and Queen Ingrid's grave

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp4aoVTgTl5/
Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

And the tradition continues today ,19 years since Queen Ingrid passed away

Kranselægning ved Roskilde Domkirke | Kongehuset
Old 09-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
Queen Ingrid was a marvelous person IMO. She was a good loving mother to her three daughters and a very dedicated grandmother . Also a person who always gave the impression she CARED for her family and others, this in a generation where royal women were more distant from their loved ones than it is today. She was always one of my favourite royals and |I think she was genuinely happy in her marriage and life.
A good, loving mother doesn't act the way she did to her father's new wife. A good loving mother doesn't freeze out their grandmother, and yes, a step-grandmother IS a grandmother. I got the impression she was just a very cold, jealous and spiteful person. If she wanted to remember her mother and carry on her legacy, being deliberately cruel and mean wasn't the way to go.

I heard her husband was unfaithful to her - anybody have any news on that?
Old 09-02-2020, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

She lost her mother very unexpectedly when she was ten. She felt betrayed by her father's remarriage. She was a child. They didn't exactly have therapists in those days. It would have been far worse if Louise was the one who was "not kind" to her.

Unfortunately, people are more than one thing, so even with Ingrid making Louise a target of unresolved grief and anger, it doesn't mean she wasn't a wise and loved wife, mother, and grandmother herself.

I have never heard anything about Frederik being unfaithful, much more the opposite — he was very devoted to his family. I am not sure anyone will be able to tell you otherwise.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
Did Ingrid have any other reason to dislike her stepmother beyond the fact that she must have seen her as "replacing" her mother? I'm sure that would be reason enough for a 10-year-old, but was Louise unkind to her at all?
No, never - Ingrid seemed very spiteful and jealous. The boys certainly had no issues, on the contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think she was ever unkind to her.
But I think Ingrid had ever right to not like her step-mother, Ingrid was 10 when her mother died and she possible felt that Louise was trying to replace her mother.
Does anyone know if Louise every met Margrethe, Benedikte or Anne-Marie?

No right to take her problems out on an innocent person. I think Margarethe would have even been disgusted with her daughter's behaviour.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

In the many portraits about Queen Ingrid that I have read and seen - and also from what I have heard in the general gossip here in DK, these are traits that I honestly can say I have never heard about her.

While Queen Ingrid no doubt had her flaws, those described by Mumper are not something I have heard said about her.

She was very intelligent, very PR-savvy, no doubt shrewd, perhaps even calculating. It was, I think I can safely say, very much Queen Ingrid who defined the course the DRF went. And that she was very much in charge in regards to her and Frederik IX's little family.
But that's about the worst things I can come up with.

No, there are no reports or gossip I know of that suggest that Frederik IX ever cheated on her. He was indeed a devoted family man.
He sure did have a problem with alcohol and there are hints that they had their share of problems early on in their marriage, combined with Ingrid having to adjust to a different culture and mentality. (Swedish and Danish mentality can be very different!)

In fact she was in her time, and remain today, deeply respected both in regards to her person but also for being a "perfect royal."
And in Southern Jutland in particular she is still remembered fondly.

- That at least describes her time in Denmark.
Whether she was different in Sweden is another matter and if, repeat if, she was, I can think of a number of reasons off hand.
People are rarely mean only to change their personality 180 degrees without very good reasons.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Does anyone know if Louise every met Margrethe, Benedikte or Anne-Marie?

They met many times. Ist, as her husband's grandchildren called her, died in 1965 when the three girls were 25, 21 and 19 years old respectively and there were frequent visits between the two families. Especially during the summer when they were only about a two hour trip apart at Fredensborg Palace and Sofiero Palace.
Regarding the relationship between stepmother and stepdaughter, Ingrid's brothers Sigvard and Carl-Johan have said that although cool at the beginning the relationship evolved to become a good one but that they were never close.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:12 AM
Majesty

The arrival in London, England of Queen England and her family in June 1952
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-que...-20348238.html

Tags
queen ingrid