The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 10-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Portrait of Christian as Crown Prince, circa 1850s
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-chr...-73365823.html
Old 10-19-2018, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry, I have no video of it, but I have got a book of King Christian IX, it is called APAPA, KING CHRISTIAN IX and HIS DESCENDANTS, by Arturo E Beeche & Coryne Hall
Old 01-30-2020, 04:19 PM
Majesty

This photo shows King Christian IX with two of his grandsons. Who are the grandsons?
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-kin...-17642191.html
Old 01-30-2020, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, it isn't Frederik and Knud.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:34 PM

It looks like the princes Aage and Axel.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
It looks like the princes Aage and Axel.
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ince-474195297
Found another pic of the princes (with siblings)
Old 08-22-2020, 08:36 PM
Courtier

The Daughters of King Christian IX of Denmark

Hi, searching for new Romanov stuff on youtube I found this video here, which I link below:

"The Daughters of King Christian IX of Denmark" (~ 23 minutes long)

"King Christian IX of Denmark is one of the most prolific patriarchs in royal history. His six children inherited or married into the most powerful monarchies of 19th century Europe and their decedents have occupied 9 different European thrones – Denmark of course, but also Norway, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Greece, Spain, Russia, Romania, and Luxembourg. Let’s get to know the three illustrious daughters of King Christian IX: ' Alexandra, Queen of the United Kingdom Dagmar, Maria Feodorovna, Empress of Russia Thyra, Crown Princess of Hanover and Duchess of Cumberland '

Link: https://youtu.be/6mQjgKOLiwY

The vid has very interesting facts; not only about the three sisters but about the life of the high nobility back then too! I liked it very much - very entertaining!

The problem is, that it is a vid and inherently the presented facts are hard to check! So, I don't know, how exact this vid is - and because of this I linked it only indirectly.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

King Christian IX of Denmark

Thanks for the message about King Christian on YOUTUBE, I will be watching that, do you have biographies of the Scandinavian royals?. After all they all related to one another & with the rest of Europe.
My collection of royal biographies have been extended to about 350 and I have just ordered 3 biographies about the royals, one about "ONCE UPON A DIAMOND", "THE GRAND DUCAL HOUSE OF HESSE" & "THE FOUR GRACES" a little bit expensive, but it is worth it. Keep in touch!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald biver View Post
Thanks for the message about King Christian on YOUTUBE, I will be watching that, do you have biographies of the Scandinavian royals?. After all they all related to one another & with the rest of Europe.
My collection of royal biographies have been extended to about 350 and I have just ordered 3 biographies about the royals, one about "ONCE UPON A DIAMOND", "THE GRAND DUCAL HOUSE OF HESSE" & "THE FOUR GRACES" a little bit expensive, but it is worth it. Keep in touch!!!!!!

Among the current European monarchs, Queen Elizabeth II, King Philippe of the Belgians, King Harald V of Norway, King Felipe VI of Spain, Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, and, obviously, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark are descendants of King Christian IX.

King Felipe VI of Spain, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, King Harald V of Norway, and obviously Queen Elizabeth II are descendants of Queen Victoria.

King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands is the only major reigning European monarch who does not descend from either King Christian IX or Queen Victoria.

EDIT: King Philippe does not descend from Queen Victoria, but he descends from one of Queen Victoria's grandfathers (on her mother's side). Likewise, King Carl Gustaf does not descend from Christian IX, but he descends (in maternal line) from Christian IX's parents.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:40 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for your reply, as you might not realize, That the Dutch House of Orange Nassau is slightly connected to the Danish royal family through the house of Bourbon Parma, as a Danish prince married a Bourbon Parma princess and the Dutch princess Irene of the Netherlands married the late prince Carlos Hugo of Bourbon Parma and they are connected to the Habsburg Imperial Family of Austria, empress Zita of Austria was a sister of the father of prince Hugo Carlos of Bourbon Parma. The house of Orange Nassau is even related to the Romanov family through a marriage of a Dutch king with the daughter of one of the Romanovs Tsars. Most of the European royal family are usually connected through marriages.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald biver View Post
Ronald, What years does "THE GRAND DUCAL HOUSE OF HESSE" cover?
Old 08-23-2020, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

I haven't received THE GRAND DUCAL HOUSE OF HESSE book yet, will receive the book b/w 1st of Sept & the 17th, I will let you know when the book arrive & about what years it will cover. Thanks for the interest. I love reading about the HISTORIES of all European royal houses.Keep in touch!
Old 07-26-2021, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Six children of Christian IX and Queen Louise, 1882. From left: King George I of Greece, Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia, Alexandra, Princess of Wales, Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark, Princess Thyra and Prince Valdemar.
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/...065_eEk99.jpeg

Four kings of Denmark: Christian IX holding his great-grandchild Frederik (IX). To the left of Christian IX is his grandchild Prince Christian (X), and on right of Christian IX is his son Crown Prince Frederik (VIII).
Nesta foto os primeiros quatro reis da Casa de Glücksburg estão reunidos para o batizado do Príncipe Frederico (IX).
https://c7.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/...072_onhGe.jpeg
Old 11-08-2021, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Hi everybody,
I just bought 3 biographies of of 1 King Christian IX & Queen Louise, Europe's Parents in Law, 2 King Christian X & Queen Alexandrine, Royal Couple Through The World Wars and 3 King Frederik IX & Queen Ingrid, The Modern Couple. All written by Kongernes Samling.
It is a MUST to have it.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:51 PM
Aristocracy

The Grand Ducal House of Hesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Ronald, What years does "THE GRAND DUCAL HOUSE OF HESSE" cover?
I am so sorry ,I let you wait that long with the answer, I hope I can still help you with this. "The Grand Ducal House of Hesse 1567 - 1790.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

It's funny how Christian IX is generally portrayed as a very proper gentleman but no genius — and yet he was canny enough to insist that the Greek royal family be maintained as Danish, just in case the Greeks turned them out again at some point. Lo and behold.

(Now that is looking out for your family.)