Questions about Princess Noor and her family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dunya

Commoner
Her Royal Highness Princess Noor Hamzah turns 21
October 10 , 2003

© Zohrab

Born in Amman on October 6th, 1982, Princess Noor Hamzah, the youngest daughter of Prince Asem bin Nayef and Princess Fairouzeh, celebrates her 21st birthday today.

Princess Noor obtained the British Certificate of Education (IGCSE) from King's College in Spain, where she grew up, and is currently continuing her university studies in the United States. Her hobbies include reading and sports (vollyball, sky-diving and kick boxing)

On August 29, 2003 the Royal Hashemite Court announced the marriage of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein to Her Royal Highness Princess Noor in a private ceremony in Amman attended by His Majesty King Abdullah II, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, Her Majesty Queen Noor Al Hussein and other members of the Royal Family.

Prince Hamzah and his wife Princess Noor, they look very much in love.

Attachments

• princessnoor.jpg
    princessnoor.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,601
  • noorhamzah.jpg
    noorhamzah.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3,543
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by salma@Oct 21st, 2003 - 3:16 pm
yes princess Rajwa born in june 29th 1968 and Princess Noor born in october 6th 1982. and they have one sister (Princess Naáf 1966) and one brother (Prince Mohammed Al-Abbas, 1973).
Ok this was brought up a while ago but I've been wondering about it. I found a family tree so here's how CP Hamzah and P Noor are related.

CP Hamzah's grandfather, King Talal was the brother of Prince Naif, Noor's grandfather. They are 3 cousins.

Princess Noor's parents, Prince Asim and Princess Fayrouzeh are divorced. Princess Noor has 2 sisters Yasmeen and Sara, 2 step sisters Najla and Salha, and one step brother Naif. :flower:

The two women in the pictures that were posted in this forum from Petra a while ago were her cousins, Rajwa and Basma, the daughters of her uncle Ali.

Oh, I almost forgot. Nafaa and Abbas are Rajwa and Basma's siblings. They are Noor's cousins. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Nejla, Princess Salha and prince Naif are Princess Noor's half sitsters not her step sisters.

CP Hamzah's grandfather, King Talal was the brother of Prince Naif, Noor's grandfather. They are 3 cousins.

OMG aren't you suppose to get a court allowance if you wanna marry such close cousin?
Coz in the EU countries i think the law is like that.

OMG my parents don't have any broth.and sister. but my closest cousines are like 3 cousins.OMG i look totally like my mum and my mum looks totally like her mum (my grandmot.) and one of my cousins also looks like his mum ,so that you can see some similarities in our faces.OMG i could never marry my cousin that has some resemblance with me.OMG i thought hamza and noor were more distant,but now i'm just freaked out.Coz i try to put myself and my 3 cousin(that looks a lot like me)together and i just don't think that's right coz you know 1/4 of our genes are from the same base and probably even more since i look like my mum and he looks like his mum a lot and they both(our mothers)look a lot like our grandmothers which are sisters and also look almost the sam.
That's just to close in my opinion :blush: :eek:

Yeah i rememberd an example!
You have a boy and a girl
Their grandmothers are sisters.Their grandmothers are black.Grandfathers are both wite.And other grandmother is also white.
There is an enormous chance that both of these two people(their grandchildren) will have darker complex/skin.
If both people are white you can't really notice it unless they resemble like me and my cousin.
Iif they were black,it would bo so weird coz they would look at each other knowing that their dark complex comes from the same person.:eek:
They would have the same genes that caused their skin to be dark!
is it jus me or is n't that creepy? :blush: :cry:
I don't wanna offend anyone,but it was prohibited few years ago to marry such close cousin,(except in special circumstances with court allowance).I think the law changed and now you can marry your aunts son with courts approval!
the law changed coz these days everything has to be liberal.
But that's to close in my opinion,how can you even be attracted to 1/4 of "yourself"(coz grandmothers for example are sisters and look almost the same)
Please don't get mad :grrr:

It's not uncommon in the Middle East for cousins to marry. We might find it weird because we're not used to it but it's pretty common in the Middle East. The Hashemites, Hamzah and Noor's family, also have a history of cousins marrying. In fact, Hamzah's late father, King Hussein married his cousin Dina. She was his first wife.

Royals in the Middle East and in Europe have a history of marrying their cousins. The Europeans don't do it as much anymore. But most of the European royals are related in some way.

P.S. It's 3rd cousins... I mispelled it :doh:

Have a great day everyone! :flower:

I think the only law in the US is against first cousins marrying. Second cousins are frowned upon. Interfamily marriage happens all the time and not just in Middle Eastern countries. Ireland is one such country. It really isn't that uncommon.

Originally posted by pegassuss2525@Dec 22nd, 2003 - 10:48 pm
I think the only law in the US is against first cousins marrying. Second cousins are frowned upon. Interfamily marriage happens all the time and not just in Middle Eastern countries. Ireland is one such country. It really isn't that uncommon.
I didn't know this about the Irish. Heh, you learn something everyday! :p

Regarding Pegassuss2525's post:
"I think the only law in the US is against first cousins marrying. Second cousins are frowned upon. Interfamily marriage happens all the time and not just in Middle Eastern countries. Ireland is one such country. It really isn't that uncommon. "

In the US, intermarriage between cousins is governed on a state by state basis, not a federal/national law. Some states prohibit first cousins, some states prohibit even double first cousins (I don't know why they use that terminology...), etc. Some states allow the marriage of first cousins but only if they will be unable to bear children.

Off topic but related to marrying cousins!

I highly recommend a book, Middlesex, winner of the 2003 Pulitzer Prize. We read in my book club. It tells the story of a hermaphrodite, child of two parents who were first cousins, grandchild of two siblings...

I believe that PNour is the first of his daughters to get married... and personally i think she's quite pretty, she looks very natural and normal whihc isn't something you can say about most jordanian girls... it's probably the european influence on her...

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Feb 6th, 2004 - 5:20 am
I believe that PNour is the first of his daughters to get married... and personally i think she's quite pretty, she looks very natural and normal whihc isn't something you can say about most jordanian girls... it's probably the european influence on her...
Alia, how long did she live in Spain? Do you know? And did she live with her mom or dad?

I get the impression that though she was born in amman she has actually lived in spain all her life with her mother. They used to come and see their father on hliday every year in Amman. The parents do not get on at all. And I wonder how much arabic PNour actually speaks...

P Nour speaks arabic fluently. do you know what she is studying in the US and where?

Is it true that they have the same great grand parents?I know that's normal in ME,but still :yuk: :sick: :flower: :blink: :wacko: :flower:

Originally posted by kiarasecretagent@Feb 11th, 2004 - 12:11 am
Is it true that they have the same great grand parents?
there used to be a great family tree on King Hussien's web site but it has vanished.. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere else. If not can someone explain fully the relationship between Hamzah & Pncss Noor?

Originally posted by wymanda@Feb 11th, 2004 - 12:28 am
there used to be a great family tree on King Hussien's web site but it has vanished.. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere else. If not can someone explain fully the relationship between Hamzah & Pncss Noor?
Their grandfathers were brothers, I believe. I know which tree you're talking about. I had to put a search in google to find it. It's still available but I couldn't find it through K Hussein's website.

Easy. King Abdallah the First was the great- grandfather of both of them. His son , King Talal was Prince Hamza's grandfather, his younger son, Prince Nayeef was Princess Noor's grandfather, they rarely met when they were kids as she used to live in Spain with her mother and her sisters.

But their grandfathers were only half brothers so it does make the blood relationship less close than it would seem otherwise...

I was always under the impression that Princess Noor's mother is Spanish and not Persian. Hence she was invited to the Spanish wedding and Princess Noor wore a Spanish style veil at her wedding.

princess noor's mother is iranian and lived with her daughter after her divorce in spain for quite some time.

I heard that Princess Noor is half Persian, do you think that will be a problem for her later on.

sksk said:
I heard that Princess Noor is half Persian, do you think that will be a problem for her later on.

Well no. Her being a Hashemite is very much in favour.

I agree with you that her being a Hashemite is in her favor but she still is half persian. I'm wondering if she speaks Farsi. SHe speaks Arabic right?

sksk said:
I agree with you that her being a Hashemite is in her favor but she still is half persian. I'm wondering if she speaks Farsi. SHe speaks Arabic right?

I don't think that her being half Persian matters. But even so, her mother comes from an aristocratic Iranian family.

I'm sure that her Arabic is very good. She probably speaks Farsi well. And since she lived in Spain for so long, I'm sure that she speaks very good Spanish. I wonder how many languages she knows.

Back
Top Bottom