Princess Rym pregnant with her first child: 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
houri said:
I don't know if it is the cas with prince Ali and Rym but there is traditional between a lot of women in my country to not announce the news of pregnant , they think it could bring bad luck or evil eyes etc loooooool :D

wow really? I didn't know that.

-Eliza

I'm guessing, and that is all this is of course, that since they didn't announce that she was pregnant, they probably won't announce the birth of the baby either.

That's horrible, if they don't announce the birth! It's such a joyous occasion for the parents and for the JRF in general. Hopefully we'll get some kind of announcement.

sommone said:
I'm guessing, and that is all this is of course, that since they didn't announce that she was pregnant, they probably won't announce the birth of the baby either.

that occured to me too. But I think they'll announce the birth. Prince Ali isn't some minor royal. He's the King's brother. It would be very odd if they dont announce the birth.
I know that its not the same as the Queen having a baby but even when Rania was a princess her babies' births were announced, (photos and video footage of her in the hospital with Prince Hussein)
Could it be that it was Ali and Rym who decided not to make an official announcement?
They do seem like a pretty low key couple, cancelling the big public banquet for their wedding and everything.

houri said:
I don't know if it is the cas with prince Ali and Rym but there is traditional between a lot of women in my country to not announce the news of pregnant , they think it could bring bad luck or evil eyes etc loooooool :D

I dont think the JRF would have any problem with anything like that. Jordan and esp. the royal family come across as far more liberal than some other regions in the ME like the Gulf.

Last edited:
sommone said:

no , when any royal prince has a baby they announce it on TV as the king visit the prince or the princess to congratulate them , this is what i know , as i watch the Jordanian news all the time and i know how they work ,

but they never announced that a prince or a princess excepting a baby they announce the birth only

unless PAli and PRym don't want to announce , and this would be the worse thing to happen , i hope they wouldn't do so ,we want to share their happiness ;) :)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
that occured to me too. But I think they'll announce the birth. Prince Ali isn't some minor royal. He's the King's brother. It would be very odd if they dont announce the birth.
I know that its not the same as the Queen having a baby but even when Rania was a princess her babies' births were announced, (photos and video footage of her in the hospital with Prince Hussein)
Could it be that it was Ali and Rym who decided not to make an official announcement?
They do seem like a pretty low key couple, cancelling the big public banquet for their wedding and everything.

I also agree that they appear, at least, to be low key. I just figured that they would have been just as excited about announcing the pregnancy as they will be announcing the birth. However, if it was of their choosing to not announce Rym's pregnancy, then I can respect that. I just thought it was custom to announce a pregnancy, and not just the birth like the other royal houses, but I forget Jordan may have their own way of doing things.

suria said:

unless PAli and PRym don't want to announce , and this would be the worse thing to happen , i hope they wouldn't do so ,we want to share their happiness ;) :)

I agree, Suria...I am just as excited about the birth, and hoping to share their happiness as well. I still don't understand, unless it was Rym and Ali's choosing, why the pregnancy wasn't announced, but go figure.

Lyonnaise said:
That's horrible, if they don't announce the birth! It's such a joyous occasion for the parents and for the JRF in general. Hopefully we'll get some kind of announcement.

ITA, but it was just a thought that was going through my head at time.

Last edited by a moderator:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I dont think the JRF would have any problem with anything like that. Jordan and esp. the royal family come across as far more liberal than some other regions in the ME like the Gulf.

it was just a thought to try to explain why they didn't announced the happy event :) , I did say Maybe I didn't say for fact :)

It is islamic traditional to announce and celebrating the new baby , so I think they will announce the happy news ( anshallah ) , and I pray for the safety of the mother and her childed .

I'm sure that there will be an announcement after the baby's born. Remember that P Rym's father Lakhdar Brahimi was a big deal in the U.N. They probably didn't want to announce the pregnancy,it being her first and they did not want to try fate or superstition.

mirsada said:
I'm sure that there will be an announcement after the baby's born. Remember that P Rym's father Lakhdar Brahimi was a big deal in the U.N. They probably didn't want to announce the pregnancy,it being her first and they did not want to try fate or superstition.
this is not how it goes here, they will announce the birth for any royal , but they don't announce the pregnancy for any royal except the queen , this is what i know , and i think this is what they will do :) ;)
houri said:
It is islamic traditional to announce and celebrating the new baby , so I think they will announce the happy news ( anshallah ) , and I pray for the safety of the mother and her childed .
yes , and i like this traditional very much , its really nice
i believe that Rym and Ali will announce the birth as they will be very happy to have their first daughter:D and yes the best thing we can do is to wish for Rym and the baby to be safety and healthy , To Ali too as i think he will be very stress ;)

Remember Rym is in her thirties so the risk of stillbirth and miscarriage is increased. I know a woman who put off announcing the pregnancy because of these factors and she did not want her situation to play out publicly in case it did happen. Baby and mother are now fine, thank God. Also, Rania announced her pregnancy quite late (her fourth/fifth month) if I remember correctly perhaps for the same reason. I pray for Rym for safe delivery. It'll make Ali very happy, that's for sure. :)

Last edited:
Not necessarily, that rule doesn't apply to many parts within the East. There have been many expectant Mothers whom have waited until their 3rd or 4th month of pregnancy before announcing it for simple reasons of general precausions in terms of both mother and baby's safety and health:)
I know of a step-relation of mine whom gavebirth to 21 Children 18 servived (this is not an exaggeration) one of which is my Step-Grand Mother.
May Allah bless Prince Ali his wife Princess Rym and their little one with all the goodness, health and prosperity that Allah s.w.t. has intended for them. Also may Allah s.w.t insure that they are protected from Al-Djinn Al-Faziquon and that which is harmful to Princes Ali, Princess Rym and their little one. Bismillah irahman iraheem Ameen:)
Lara said:
Remember Rym is in her thirties so the risk of stillbirth and miscarriage is increased. I know a woman who put off announcing the pregnancy because of these factors and she did not want her situation to play out publicly in case it did happen. Baby and mother are now fine, thank God. Also, Rania announced her pregnancy quite late (her fourth/fifth month) if I remember correctly perhaps for the same reason. I pray for Rym for safe delivery. It'll make Ali very happy, that's for sure. :)
It's the same in my country also, to announce something before it happens at times within the past has had as Houri said negative consequences for the expectant mothers. Hence so much care is taken and onl when it is absolutely safe to do so, then is the announcement made.:)
houri said:

Roshanah said:
. Also may Allah s.w.t insure that they are protected from Al-Djinn Al-Faziquon and that which is harmful to Princes Ali, Princess Rym and their little one. Bismillah irahman iraheem Ameen:)

What do u mean by this? (I know it's Arabic but I didn't understand what u meant):confused:

Lara said:
;) :)
i agree with u Rym should be very careful about her pregnancy , and i think this is why we don't see her works or get out, she should take care of her coming baby very well , Ali maybe is playing a key role as i think he would be very passion father and he will give his baby the best of him

I agree with you, Suria! I hope they take extra care in concern for their child. I think Ali is going to make an excellent father and Rym an excellent mother!

suria said:
yes , and i like this traditional very much , its really nice

i believe that Rym and Ali will announce the birth as they will be very happy to have their first daughter:D and yes the best thing we can do is to wish for Rym and the baby to be safety and healthy , To Ali too as i think he will be very stress ;)

so do u believe prince ali will have a baby daughter?

I wonder how Rym is doing? Are there any new photos of Ali and Rym? I also wonder if possibly he might take some time off after Rym gives birth?

marmarina said:
so do u believe prince ali will have a baby daughter?

yes i do as my mother told me that when the belly id down its a girl and when its up its a boy , and Rym's belly is down

i know that my mother is not a doctor but she had very good experience:D

Was she due about now? I hadn't heard she had.

Ali looks much thinner; perhaps he's a nervous first time father????:)

I know babies can sometimes come early, but I thought she was due in October. Plus, there hasn't been any announcement of her giving birth. Ali looks great. I hadn't noticed he had lost weight until looking at the pictures again.

maryshawn said:
Was she due about now? I hadn't heard she had.

Ali looks much thinner; perhaps he's a nervous first time father????:)

:)
yes , maybe he thinks a lot about his baby .... as its getting close , i wonder how Rym feels now , i think Rym brought the happiness for PA by having a baby , i hope to he the baby very soon, i heard its in Oct too , but maybe at the first of Oct

happy first wedding anniversary To PAli and Rym

:) :) :)

sommone said:
I know babies can sometimes come early, but I thought she was due in October. Plus, there hasn't been any announcement of her giving birth. Ali looks great. I hadn't noticed he had lost weight until looking at the pictures again.

no she didn't give birth , am sure of that , and if she did they will announce it on TV am sure of that

can't wait to see him on the full report on Friday , i love to hear him speaking;)

Lilygal said:
I don't like your sarcastic tone!

Was it sarcastic? I'm sure it wasn't meant to be sarcastic. Maybe without the punctuation, it sounded wrong?

Let's move on ...

And let's be conscientious in future posts that sarcasm, jokes and the like do not necessarily translate well from keyboard to screen as they do in person.

She isn't due to October. What I am wondering is if it is the beginning, middle, or end? I'm willing to bet it's the beginning or middle of October.

sommone said:
She isn't due to October. What I am wondering is if it is the beginning, middle, or end? I'm willing to bet it's the beginning or middle of October.

i think Rym will get birth anytime , as PA didn't go with KA to any place outside Jordan since a month , and this visit will take too much time more than 10 days and PA didn't go , so i think PA is spending more time with PR as she is going to get birth , so maybe she will have the baby at the first of Oct :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom