Prince Feisal & Princess Alia: Current Events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mousbah

Aristocracy
Country
France
from jordantimes:

Prince Faisal turns 41 today

AMMAN (JT) — HRH Prince Faisal celebrates his 41st birthday today.
hnews6_11_10.jpg

Born on Oct. 11, 1963, the Prince received his elementary education at the Islamic College in Amman continuing his schooling in the United Kingdom. In 1971, Prince Faisal went to the US to complete his secondary education in Massachusetts and in Washington, DC.

The Prince enrolled in Brown University in the US in 1981, graduating in 1985 with a BSc in electrical engineering.

Simultaneously, Prince Faisal received training as a pilot, and got his wings in 1982. The Prince returned to the UK, studying at Cornwell Academy where he was presented six awards for achievement of excellence.

On Sept. 20, 2004, a Royal Decree was issued appointing Prince Faisal as Assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for Air Force and IT Affairs. The Prince holds the rank of lieutenant general.

His Royal Highness is also the chairman of the Board of Trustees of the King Abdullah Award for Government Performance and Transparency, chairman of the Board of Trustees of Muta University and chairman of the Higher Supervision and Guidance Committee of the Special Operation Forces Exhibition. He is also president of several clubs, including the Royal Gliding Club and the Golf Club. In addition, the Prince heads the Executive Committee of Auto-sports at the Royal Automobile Club of Jordan and has represented the Kingdom at numerous international events and functions.

Prince Faisal is married to HRH Princess Alia, daughter of the late businessman Tawfiq Tabbaa. The couple has four children: Princess Aya, Prince Omar, Princess Sara and Princess Ayesha

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics of my favorite Jordanian Princess--Princess Alia

By the way, is there a separate thread on Princess Alia. I have some beautiful pics of her that I want to post.

Attachments

• 3443I.jpg
    3443I.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 458
  • 3445I.jpg
    3445I.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 644
  • 3446I.jpg
    3446I.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 488
  • 3441I.jpg
    3441I.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,182
can any one give us some info about princess alia ?

mahawi said:
can any one give us some info about princess alia ?
Well,there's nothing much about her,I wrote in the old thread things I read in an interview,you can read it.Am trying to find the mag but I seem to lost it for good,wish I'd know about her too.

from Petra.
Princess Alia Al Faisal opens photography exhibition

Attachments

• 1681I.jpg
    1681I.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,378
  • 1682I.jpg
    1682I.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 569
salma said:
from Petra.
Princess Alia Al Faisal opens photography exhibition
Thanks Salma, again! Lovely pics of her, I think she got a hair cut, her hair looks shorter than the Eid pics, looks lovely anyway.

1. Prince Feisal, Princess Alia, Prince Hamzah and Prince Hashim in Amman May 25, Jordan Independence Day

2. in 2004 opening parliament Prince Faisal, Ali, Hamzah and Hashim

Attachments

• #l (3).jpg
    #l (3).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 631
  • #l (4).jpg
    #l (4).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,037
From Petra:

Princess Alia Al Feisal patronizes the Fifth Rabee Festival

From Jordantimes:

Princess Alia attends Spring Festival
AMMAN (Petra) — HRH Princess Alia on Sunday acted as patron at the Fifth Spring Festival held at the Baptist School. The event included art performances and a fashion show of traditional costumes.

Attachments

• 2170I.jpg
    2170I.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 778
  • 2171I.jpg
    2171I.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 615
Prince Feisal sworn in as regent

Attachments

• 2202I.jpg
    2202I.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 362
  • 2201I.jpg
    2201I.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 411
Prince Faisal receives Myers

http://jordantimes.com/fri/homenews/homenews4.htm

photo on website above

here's the story:

HRH Prince Faisal, the Regent, holds talks with US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs-of-Staff General Richard Myers on Thursday. They reviewed bilateral issues in various military fields and phases of cooperation. Also yesterday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs-of-Staff General Khalid Sarayreh met with Myers and discussed issues of mutual concern

Regent Congratulates Tunisian President

Amman, March 20 (Petra)--His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Bin Al Hussein, the Regent sent a cable to Tunisian President Zein Al Abdin Bin Ali congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's National Day. The Regent wished the Tunisian president continued good health and happiness and the his people further progress and prosperity

link:
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Mar/20/24403100.htm

Regent Congratulates Iranian President

Amman, March 20 (Petra) -- His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Bin Al Hussein, the Regent sent a cable to Iranian President Mohammad Khatami congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of Al Nairouz Feast.

The Regent wished the Iranian president continued good health and happiness and his people further progress and prosperity.

link:
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Mar/20/24422100.htm

Regent Congratulates Namibian President

Amman, March 20 (Petra) -- His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Bin Al Hussein, the Regent sent a cable to Namibian President Sam Nujoma congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's Independence Day.

The Regent wished the Namibian president continued good health and happiness and his people further progress and prosperity.

Link:
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Mar/20/24422000.htm

Regent patronizes the opening of garden in Tal Al Rumman

Photo 1:
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Mar/21/2312I.htm

Photo 2:
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Mar/21/2313I.htm

Royal Botanical Gardens

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - HRH Prince Faisal, the Regent, plants an oak tree sapling at the inauguration of the Royal Botanical Gardens in Tal Al Rumman on Monday. The project, implemented by the Royal Society for the Conservation of Marine Environment in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture, is established on 1,700 dunums of forestland. HRH Princess Basma Bint Ali, the society's president, expressed hope that the garden would be an educational, cultural, tourism and scientific centre. Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Taysir Smadi, Minister of Agriculture Sharari Shakhanbeh, Qatari Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture Sultan Bin Hassan Al Dosari, the Qatari ambassador in Amman and other officials attended the event (Petra photo)

http://www.jordantimes.com/tue/homenews/homenews5.htm

Regent Congratulates Pakistani President

Amman/March 23(Petra)-- RHR Prince Faisal the Regent sent a cable to President of Pakistan congratulating him in his name in
behalf of Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's National Day.
The Regent wished the Pakistani President continued health and happiness and the Pakistani people continued progress and prosperity.

link:
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Mar/23/24511600.htm

Regent Meets US Delegation

Amman, March 23 (Petra) -- HRH Prince Faisal Ben Al Hussein, the Regent met Wednesday with a US delegation from the US congress, currently visiting Jordan within a regional tour.

Prince Faisal outlined, during the meeting which was attended by Acting Prime Minister Salah Al Basher, the Jordanian-American relations, reiterating His Majesty King Abdullah II's interest to develop these relations in the various domains.

Talks also touched on efforts exerted by Jordan to move the peace process forward and restore stability in the Middle East.

Members of the US delegation hailed the efforts of His Majesty King Abdullah II to achieve stability in the Middle East, reiterating that His Majesty the King is the hope of peace in the region.

link:
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Mar/23/24510400.htm

Regent receives US delegation

photo 1:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Mar/23/2417I.htm

photo 2:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Mar/23/2418I.htm

March 28:

Prince Faisal inagurates the the Prince Faisal Stadium
From Petra

Attachments

• 2321I.jpg
    2321I.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 501
  • 2322I.jpg
    2322I.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 536
Is the little boy prince Omar Bin Faisal?

Prince Faisal heads sporting delegation

HRH Prince Faisal watches the Monte Carlo rally with David Richards, the owner of ISC which owns the television and marketing rights to the World Rally ChampionshipAMMAN (JT) — HRH Prince Faisal will on Saturday lead a delegation on a 10-day tour of the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand and Thailand in a bid to raise Jordan's profile on the international sporting stage.

Prince Faisal, president of the Jordan Olympic Committee and Chairman of Jordan Motorsport, will attend Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix and meet with senior FIA officials and regional figureheads to push Jordan's case for hosting a future round of the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC), a statement from his office said.

The Prince will then fly on to Australia where he is a VIP guest at the meeting of the Commonwealth Games nations in Melbourne. There he will meet with some of the biggest decision makers in sport and his invitation comes as recognition for the work carried out over the last two years with the Jordan Olympic Committee.

His brief stop in Australia will be followed by five days in New Zealand to attend the FIA WRC round based in Auckland. Prince Faisal is expected to meet with leading rally media figures and representatives from the main manufacturers competing in the championship.

Earlier this year, Prince Faisal announced Jordan's bid to host a future round of the FIA WRC in Monte Carlo and this visit provides him with the last chance to network ahead of the Jordan Rally which takes place from May 5-7.

His return to Jordan will include a stopover in Thailand where he is expected to meet with senior sports delegates to discuss building bilateral relations through sport.

“Sport is helping to raise Jordan's profile internationally and we are currently working</SPAN> on a number of initiatives that will positively reflect on the Kingdom's economic and social progress,” said Prince Faisal, according to the statement.

“The role that sport can play in promoting Jordan globally cannot be underestimated so it is important that we work tirelessly to carry our messages across the region and overseas.”

Thursday, March 31, 2005

link to photo and article:
http://www.jordantimes.com/thu/sports/sports1.htm

Princess Alia patronizes a ceremony:

from Petra

Attachments

• 2446aaI.jpg
    2446aaI.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 505
  • a2447I.jpg
    a2447I.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 244a7I.jpg
    244a7I.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 442
Princess Alia activities today:

Petra

Attachments

• 259I.jpg
    259I.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 416
  • 2593I.jpg
    2593I.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 301
April13,2005
Princess Alia Al Faisal inaugurates a school exhibition

Attachments

• 2718If.jpg
    2718If.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 546
  • 2719Ia.jpg
    2719Ia.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 639
Prince Feisal returns home after successful sporting tour

Prince Feisal to attend `Sport Accord' in Berlin

sport1_15_4.jpeg
AMMAN (JT) — HRH Prince Feisal, the president of the Jordan Olympic Committee and the chairman of Jordan Motor Sport, returned home following a successful tour to promote the Kingdom through sport. Prince Feisal has spent the past 12 days meeting with key international sporting and motor sport figures during visits to Bahrain, Melbourne and New Zealand in a bid to boost Jordan's efforts to play a bigger role in the sporting world, according to a statement from the Prince's office.

“It was an important trip to underline the Kingdom's strategy to use sport as a mechanism for promoting Jordan to the world,” said Prince Feisal in the statement. “Many countries have been successful in promoting themselves in this manner and this is a key part in our overall sporting strategy to make sport play a greater role in our everyday life.”

Prince Feisal's mammoth 25,000km round-trip began with a visit to the Bahrain Grand Prix where he met with F1 supremo, Bernie Ecclestone, and other key decision makers in the motor sporting world.

Following a short stop in Dubai to link up with potential private sector sporting investors, Prince Feisal headed on to Australia where he met with members of the Commonwealth Games Federation who were gathered in Melbourne for a meeting ahead of next year's Commonwealth Games in the city.

His trip continued on to New Zealand where he flagged off the Propecia Rally New Zealand and was the guest of honour at a number of events attended by leading members of the FIA and FIA World Rally Championship.

During his four-day stop in Auckland, Prince Feisal also met with David Hepworth and Luis Moya from the world champion Subaru Rally Team, and New Zealand Olympic Gold medal winners Sarah Ulmer (cycling) and Hamish Carter (triathlon).

He also addressed the world's rally media to update them on Jordan's hopes of hosting a round of the FIA World Championship in the future.

“These are ambitious times for Jordan in a number of areas and none more so than sport,” added Prince Feisal. “We have already announced our FIA World Rally Championship intentions and our hopes of hosting the 2014 Asian Games, so it is important to support these initiatives by meeting the key decision makers whenever possible.”

Prince Feisal will be leading a Jordanian delegation to Berlin, Germany, this weekend to attend Sport Accord, one of the world's leading sports conferences and a magnet for the leading figures from the sporting world.

The Jordan Rally takes place May 5-7 and a number of key VIP's and international media are expected to attend the event for the first time.

Friday-Saturday, April 15-16, 2005

http://www.jordantimes.com/fri/sports/sports1.htm

-Eliza

was it prince faisal and his woman who attend the mourning ceremony in monacco?
i think it was he.

closesttoheaven said:
was it prince faisal and his woman who attend the mourning ceremony in monacco?
i think it was he.

Yes Prince Faisal and his wife, Princess Alia, attend the mourning ceremony in Monaco.

April 16, 2005 - HRH Princess Alia Al Faisal launches reading festival:

salma said:
Yes Prince Faisal and his wife, Princess Alia, attend the mourning ceremony in Monaco.

in the mourning ceremony...

Attachments

• funeral1920050415full.jpg
    funeral1920050415full.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 508
More pics of Prince Feisal and Princess Alia at the funeral, with Prince Andrew

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 507
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 410
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 565
It seems that Princess Alia is carrying out alot of public duties these days! Which is great so we get to see more of her. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom