Prince Ali & FIFA Presidency, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the dutch state news, the Dutch candidate will withdraw his candidacy. The same is expected of Luis Figo. They hope that by doing so their supporters will rally behind prince Ali, who will be the only candidate left to fight another term for Blatter.

I don't think that will be enough for prince Ali to win:ermm:

It seems the three have assembled together and thought that Prince Ali was the candidate with the best chance to draw votes from both Europe and Asia. Luis Figo and Michael van Praag have a more Euro-centric profile. With strategically laying down their candidatures, the two hope to direct all no-votes to one person, Prince Ali.

When it becomes clear that important football nations as Germany, France, England, the Netherlands, Argentina, Spain, Italy, etc. support Prince Ali, then this is a major signal. Even when Blatter wins thanks to his absurd policy (Anguilla, Montserrat, Santa Lucia, or the Turcs and Caicos Islands have equal votes as the giants Brazil, Germany or Russia....) it still exposes him as a "leader" whom only won thanks to "purchased" votes from Samoa, Vanuatu and Leshoto, etc. with respect to them.

Last edited:
Isn't Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Tala running for president of FIFA too??

The voting will take place today May 29th... Good luck for prince Ali.

This whole situation has become so idiotic. I doubt that Blatter will lose. If Blatter stays the FIFA will prologue the crisis and I do hope that UEFA will finally break with the organization completely. FIFA is rotten to the core. A pity that they didn't arrest Blatter yet, but let's hope he will end up in prison soon where he belongs.

According to the Russians it is all an American conspiracy of course. So I suppose they won't be supporting prince Ali.

Last edited:
The Russians will not support prince Ali & so will do the Qataries. As you know the world cup files for 2018 & 2022 are one the main reasons behind FIFA's scandal.
It's very difficult for prince Ali to beat Blatter but let us hope for the best.

Last edited:
Good luck to Prince Ali... ONLY he can rescue Football from the abyss of corruption and disrepute under which has fallen under Blatter.

Yes, I wish him all the very best - if for no other reason but for a fresh change concerning the presidency.

Prince Ali was a FIFA Vice President. What did he do about the corruption in FIFA?

Last edited:
Blatter will head the FIFA for the next 4 years.

Yes, it's official. It seems like all the vote really made no sense, because Blatter was re-elected.

Mr Blatter's re-election is a bit odd. Fury of European vulgar herd is amusing. Well, I guess life goes on.

Last edited:
Prince Ali is so brave to run this campaign against blatter. He made all jordanians & Arabs so proud. I wish him all the best!!!!

It's a pity he lost even though there was so much against Blatter. I guess things are not ready for change. Maybe he runs again in the next four years and he wins.

There are 200 plus countries that voted. Blatter has spent years funneling money to African and Asian soccer federations. They aren't going to vote against him. You have Africa, Asia and Caribbean countries votes which are more than Europe, U.S., Canada etc.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I also don't understand why Blatter has been re-elected, but as Skippyboo has said, there are larger countries voting as well which will have quite a big contribution in how many votes the candidates get.

I've been reading up on this thread and I think it's a shame that Prince Ali didn't get the position, because I think he would've been a good President. He appears to be quite forward-thinking.

Well, the investigations is only beginning and there's more to come out of that. So things could be up for a change and shake up.

Well, the investigations is only beginning and there's more to come out of that. So things could be up for a change and shake up.

Yes. That's not entirely unlikely.

Gerard

I also don't understand why Blatter has been re-elected, but as Skippyboo has said, there are larger countries voting as well which will have quite a big contribution in how many votes the candidates get.

I've been reading up on this thread and I think it's a shame that Prince Ali didn't get the position, because I think he would've been a good President. He appears to be quite forward-thinking.

Each country only has one vote no matter how many people are in that country. Look at CONCAF, which is North and Central America plus Caribbean islands, the U.S., Canada and Mexico which are the biggest countries are 3 potential votes for Ali so Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago and Honduras vote for Blatter. Big countries and little countries same amount of votes and there are way more little countries. So Blatter just have to court the little countries and he wins every time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's sad to see HRH going and not winning because he deserved the position :)

Ali's children have become so handsome!

I believe he's still very young and should try again for the Presidency. The world needs younger people in such positions - it's time for oldies to retire! :flowers:

Sepp Blatter has just stepped down from FIFA presidency :ohmy:

Blatter steps down now when he could have done it 1 week ago. I think it's obvious other high officials really didn't want ali as president. What happens now...

Such a soap opera. I hope they make a great movie about this when all is said and done.

Back
Top Bottom