Engagement of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunya

Commoner
Is this princess Noor walking behind prince Hamzah en King Abdullah?

Is someone sure about if this is princess Noor? This was at a concert with prince Faisal and his wife. Next to her is probably her mother. I think it was discussed before but no one said it was her for sure.

Attachments

• familyholiday.jpg
    familyholiday.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 6,800
  • noor.jpg
    noor.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,291
Last edited by a moderator:
yes the gilr what apppears in the photography is princess noor and in the second photography she is with her mother.

So she was with them on their last holiday before they announced their wedding.
They don´t look like a happy, in love couple who are spending their holiday together. She stumble behind him.

"They don´t look like a happy, in love couple who are spending their holiday together. "

Public displays of affection are frowned upon in Middle Eastern society. You very rarely saw Noor and Hussein or even Rania and Abdullah hold hands let alone anything else. But the simple fact that she is walking with the Royal Family and next to Prince Hussein should say something.

Hello Pegasus,

You have to understand expressing the love to the spouses in public is very new in Asia, then not only in moslem country. Look at Royal Family of Japan, Thailand etc.
Love can be showed by how well they treat their spouses for example how prince Naruhito became a tower of strenght for princess Masako whenever she hadn't been produced a heir, how the King Abdallah only have Rania as a wife in the middle poligamy was a behaviour in middle east high society.

Cheers,

Yes, Most societies do not view public displays of love and affection in a favorable light. The American Indians have the same view as the Asian countries and the Middle Eastern countries. I would like to clarify a point...The Middle East/Near East countries are not part of Asia.

this is a new article i found on the upcoming wedding of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor:

Jordan to celebrate crown prince's wedding
Mon Jan 26,11:20 AM ET

AMMAN (AFP) - Jordan's royal court announced plans to hold a celebration in May to mark the wedding of Crown Prince Hamza bin Hussein, a half-brother of King Abdullah II, who married privately last year.

"In celebration of their royal highnesses Crown Prince Hamza bin Hussein and Princess Nur Hamza, the Royal Hashemite Court announces than an official ceremony will be held in Amman on May 27," a court statement said Monday.

The 23-year-old heir to the throne married Princess Nur last August at a private ceremony at the home of King Abdullah.

Princess Nur, 21, is the daughter of Prince Assem bin Nayef, a cousin of the late King Hussein, the father of King Abdullah and Prince Hamza.

After their wedding, the royal couple returned to the United States to pursue university studies.

When Princess Noor officially weds Crown Prince Hamzah in May, will she then be called Crown Princess?? Also, does anyone know who is designing her gown, and if there will be a public procession in Amman? I'm going to be there at the time so I would like to know!!!

Iam not sure about whose going to make the gown but im sure that there will be a public procession since Hamza is the Crown prince
and u know it's not that great if ur not invited to the wedding
i experienced it

Originally posted by tayoobeh@Feb 10th, 2004 - 9:41 pm

and u know it's not that great if ur not invited to the wedding
i experienced it
lol, well I have very little chance of being invited to the wedding unless some miracle occurs, lol, so i'll have to be content with the crowded streets of Amman! :p Whose wedding or procession have you seen? ;)

i've seen Rania's and Abdullas wedding but i was so young and it was really crowded and the weather didn't help at all, but i did get lots of icecream after that
so it's all good
why are u going to Jordan, are u from there or around it!!

I wonder how long the public's honeymoon with Noor will last???

I give it 5 years before we are critisising what she wears, how much she pays for it and where she wears it.

Sorry to be cynical but it happened with Diana, it has certainly happened with Rania and I believe it also happened with Queen Noor.

I give it 5 years before we are critisising what she wears, how much she pays for it and where she wears it.

Perhaps in 5 years there will be alot of sympathy for her. She is a beautiful girl and looks to be very sweet.I hope Hamzah doesn't disappoints.

she's very pretty---has a great smile :flower:

I hope she wears more traditional Jordanian outfits, unlike Rania. By the way, what are the Jordanian dresses called?

Originally posted by wymanda@Feb 10th, 2004 - 10:40 pm
I wonder how long the public's honeymoon with Noor will last???

i think it will be a lot sooner than 5 years!!! i think as soon as she has her first public appearance everyone on this board will be talking about who designed her outfit and how much it cost!!! Plus I'm sure the issue of how much her wedding dress cost will be discussed. I sort of hope that she follows the example of Queen Noor in terms of a wedding dress. Hers was designer but it was so simple, not at all flashy.

Speaking of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, where do you guys think they will live after they marry? I know they will certainly live in Amman, but are there any vacant Palaces, or do you think that they will build a home?

Originally posted by queenkat101@Feb 11th, 2004 - 12:27 am
Speaking of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, where do you guys think they will live after they marry? I know they will certainly live in Amman, but are there any vacant Palaces, or do you think that they will build a home?
Maybe Bab al Salam. His mother would have to move out though. They'll probably build something.

the dresses that they wear aren't called Abayas
that's what the golf women wear
they call them "deshdasheh"
queenkat101, so ur mom is from Jordan? im going there this summer and hopefully for good cuz im sick of the freezing weather
and about P Noor I don't think that she would make a great public gossip channel, she just seems too normal for me and i think that Hamza is just so in love with her and they will make a great couple.
I do believe that they will live in Bab al salam and Queen Noor won't move out and im sure they won't build another palace since they have many already.
I can't wait to eat the Jordanian Shawerma too
enjoy :rolleyes: :angel: :flowers:
:graduate: :king:

Last edited by a moderator:
We call them thob or jalabiya!! And you have one's which comnbine a thob and an abaya, but not the abayas like in the gulf... more like a light overdress! Hahaha, so many different dialects... also i also thought that a dishdasheh was only for men's clothes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom