Engagement of Prince Ali and Rym Brahimi: April 2004 - News & Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the country. Saudi Arabia doesn't even let women leave their homes alone.

P. Ali's wedding seems to be just days before the Crown Prince of Brunei's wedding on September 9. I'm sure the JRF will be "expected" to attend since the Sultan of Brunei and all his sons attended CP Hamzah's wedding in May.

I think you will find that P. Basma and her family will be there. They are good frinds of the Sultan of Brunei, so maybe they will represent the family. But I thought it was later in September. But maybe I am wrong.

Interesting... news from the royal court

*** Statement of The Royal Court
Amman, Aug.31(Petra)-- Upon the desire of His Royal Highness Prince
Ali Ben Al Hussein and Miss Reem Al Ibrahimi not to hold an
official reception ceremony on their wedding day, His Majesty King
Abdullah ordered the distribution of aid and food to the needy
families in the various parts of the Kingdom.

The Royal Hashemite Court will start as of today the distribution
a six-month supply of the basic food needs of each family for
thousands of families.

His Majesty King Abdullah will hold an official lunch banquet for
public and official activities at the Royal Court on Sep.15th.

In the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah, members of the
Royal family and Mr. Al Akhdar Al Ibrahimi, the engagement ceremony
of HRH Prince Ali and Miss Reem Al Ibrahimi will be held on Sep.7th
at Bait Al Baraka palace .

thank you for the link

I will post the picture here so we do not lose them

Attachments

• pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhsBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhsBR1JG.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,223
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89OythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxkBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89OythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxkBR1JG.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 474
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89OithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxgBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89OithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxgBR1JG.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,597
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89NSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxcBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89NSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxcBR1JG.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 702
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89NCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxYBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj89NCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGxYBR1JG.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 673
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh0BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh0BR1JG.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,393
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh8BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh8BR1JG.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 435
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhwBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhwBR1JG.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 753
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh4BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88PCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGh4BR1JG.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 674
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhoBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhoBR1JG.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 791
and the four last

I found four photos that have not been posted

Attachments

• pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88NCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhYBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88NCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhYBR1JG.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,884
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhgBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OithYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhgBR1JG.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 458
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhkBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj88OythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZGhkBR1JG.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 3,985
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj8zPCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZFR4BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj8zPCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUEgNVUVFbFxgZFR4BR1JG.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 421
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj48NSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYGhcBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj48NSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYGhcBR1JG.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 475
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRoBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOCthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRoBR1JG.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,837
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRkBR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zOythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFRkBR1JG.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 610
  • pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFR0BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Oj4zPythYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAUFQNVUVFbFxgYFR0BR1JG.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 699
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh My GOd,these pictures are so cute,and they do look in love,That's so sweet,does anyone know where these pictures were taken?
Congratulations To Both of them.

They look sooooo cute together. i love the photos! does this mean that there isn't going to be a party? so disappointing...i was looking forward to another wedding celebration....it would have been another chance to see the JRF and maybe other royals who would have attended. However, the idea of handing out food and other basic needs to Jordanian people in place of a wedding is a very sweet thing to do. very heart warming... Congrats to the couple

regarding these mga or mota photos from the company in paris:

obviously they have some 'in' with haya and ali and i don't mind that. but the pose that rym is striking is similar to some of haya's poses. so the photos look kinda eerry in that 'high school yearbook' way where everyone has their head tilted in the same direction.

I alos thought so, I guess there will not be a royal event then but that does not bother me when they are makeing so other people can eat a good meal for a while

bubbles said:
They look sooooo cute together. i love the photos! does this mean that there isn't going to be a party? so disappointing...i was looking forward to another wedding celebration....it would have been another chance to see the JRF and maybe other royals who would have attended. However, the idea of handing out food and other basic needs to Jordanian people in place of a wedding is a very sweet thing to do. very heart warming... Congrats to the couple

Josefine said:
if you find some other prince ali photos just post away I love the photo of Prince ali and Crown Princess Victoria dancing have you seen it?

oh i like those pics also, they both have a cheeky look in their face.

I wonder if Victoria will come to Jordan and attend Ali's wedding

another msg from the royal court

Statement by the Royal Court
Amman, Aug. 31 (Petra)--His Royal Highness Prince Ali and Ms. Rym
Al-Brahimi have expressed their desire not to hold a reception on the
occasion of their marriage, instead, His Majesty King Abdullah II has
ordered that food and livelihood provisions be distributed to needy Jordanian
families throughout the Kingdom.
On August 31st the Royal Hashemite Court will distribute food supplies,
sufficient for six months, to thousands of needy families in the governorates,
the Badia and refugee camps.
His Royal Highness Prince Ali and Ms. Rym Al-Brahimi will be married
in the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah II, members of the royal
family, Mr. Al-Akhdar Al-Brahimi and other family members on 7th of September
at His Majesty king Abdullah's residence: "Bayt Al-Urdon".
On this happy occasion, His Majesty king Abdullah II will host a lunch
banquet for tribal leaders and refugee camp representatives, senior Jordanian
officials and members of the diplomatic corps. The banquet will be held
on the grounds of Bani Hashem, at the Royal Hashemite Court on September
5th.

www.hellomagazine.com

Prince Ali cancels wedding bash to help poor

1 SEPTEMBER 2004

Jordan's Prince Ali has decided to cancel his wedding reception and give the money to the country's needy instead.

King Abdullah's half-brother, who got engaged to former CNN reporter Rym Brahimi last April, is planning to make his vows next Tuesday. But instead of staging a banquet to mark the big day, they will use the money set aside to help feed some of Jordan's poorest communities.

"The wishes of Ali ibn al-Hussein and Miss Rym Brahimi are not to hold a wedding reception," revealed the royal palace. "Therefore His Majesty King Abdullah II, the dean of the Hashemite family has ordered the distribution of food aid to 1,000 poor families over the next six months. Food distribution will begin today in the governorates and (Palestinian refugee) camps."

The gesture will come as a surprise to royal watchers, but the couple is already well-known for their commitment to social causes. During her time as CNN's Baghdad correspondent, Rym earned a reputation as one of the broadcaster's most dedicated reporters.

News of their decision comes hot on the heels of Abdullah and Rania's announcement that they are to become parents for the fourth time. The king and queen of Jordan announced on Monday they are expecting their new arrival next March

A very kind and generous gesture on the part of Ali and Rym!

Julia said:
A very kind and generous gesture on the part of Ali and Rym!

Yes, I agree. But did he actually cancel a ceremony or just not plan one in the first place? I wonder. . .

papillon said:
Yes, I agree. But did he actually cancel a ceremony or just not plan one in the first place? I wonder. . .
Good point. It would be interesting to know if he cancelled the ceremony or just didn't plan one to begin with.

Julia said:
Good point. It would be interesting to know if he cancelled the ceremony or just didn't plan one to begin with.
My spies in the souk say the latter. There is however going to be big Bedouin bash in the Palace, and then a private party. I think it is only the formal reception that is not happening.

shelley said:
My spies in the souk say the latter. There is however going to be big Bedouin bash in the Palace, and then a private party. I think it is only the formal reception that is not happening.

Hmmm. So should we all be less impressed with the food donation gesture?! I'm so confused about the elaborate nature of Jordanian weddings. So many steps in the process, so many festivities. :confused:

In some of the recent pictures, Ali had put on some weight. In the pictures that were posted of him and Rym in woods, he looks to have lost some weight.

If they're having an intimate wedding, I'm guessing they won't broadcast their wedding? I would so like to see their wedding live. :) Did they broadcast QR and KA's wedding?

i would like to see it also. but i have the same feelings that they won't be broadcasting it. hopefully we will get good pics :D (unlike the hamzah noor photos):(

Ipi Tombe said:
i would like to see it also. but i have the same feelings that they won't be broadcasting it. hopefully we will get good pics :D (unlike the hamzah noor photos):(

I hope there will be some good pictures, too. To think that there were a few doubters that didn't think they would make it this far...I'm happy they have.

was this a suprice engagement? or was she a known girlfriend

Actually Josephine, they are married now, and are expecting their first baby in October. From my understanding, they met when Rym and 2 other reporters were asked to leave Iraq right before the war, and they all ended up in Jordan. This is where her and Ali first met. I thought this thread was closed. My very first post is #171. That was over a year ago.

Rym's grandmother was the first one who knew that Rym is going to marry PA ,
According to this story , she took a photo of PA to her grandma in Cairo and told her that she loves this man and her grandma approved without knowing that he is a prince (he looks manly and handsome) she said

PRINCESS RIM:
In a break with traditional protocol Jordan King Abdullah II visited the house of U.N. Special Envoy Lakhdar Brahimi in Paris to ask the hand of his daughter Rim in marriage to his half-brother Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein. The discreet visit to a second floor apartment in a quiet Paris suburb was arranged to coincide with the return of the Special Envoy from a crucial mission to Iraq. Rim Brahimi is an accomplished reporter for CNN who covered news of the conflict in Iraq as well as feature stories like the prize winning series about the Moslem Haj -- a sensitive exploration of her own feelings as an Arab Moslem woman who grew up mainly in the West while visiting Islam's holiest sites with millions of Pilgrims. She had worked for various media groups including a stint as an accredited correspondent at U.N. Headquarters. Her professional talent was matched by dynamic charm and sharp wit. Prince Ali's mother was the late King Hussein's third wife. Alia, who came from the distinguished Toukan Palestinian family, died in a helicopter crash. A graduate of prestigious military colleges, he is in charge of King Abdullah's personal security.
The Jordanian grapevine has it that the love affair grew as the CNN reporter moved to Amman initially following the fall of Baghdad. Rim, who is fluent in English, French, Arabic and Italian, made quite an impact on the Jordanian media -- and social scene -- with her record of courageous and enlightened reporting. She rarely invoked the name of her prominent father who sometimes, like while serving in Afghanistan, was not able to follow her reports. Rim wanted her beloved grandmother to be the first to know. She visited her in Cairo with a photo of her Prince Charming. The grandmother enthusiastically approved even before knowing he was a real prince. "You love him, and he looks manly and handsome," was her response. Rim then sped to Paris to get her parents' blessing. Her mother, a Croatian, also agreed, pending the approval of the father who was still in Baghdad handling other intricate issues like the composition of a transitional government and a framework for the future of Iraq. A time was set for a stopover in Paris en route to New York. King Abdullah, who postponed a visit to Washington, took an exceptional step of visiting Paris for a few hours to make an official approach. On Friday 23 April, the Jordanian Royal Palace made an official announcement indicating that the wedding date is 7 September.
Congratulations, dear Rim. You deserve the best. A real princess met a real prince. MABROUK.

Here is the link:) :)

http://www.unforum.com/UNinsiderApr04.htm

suria said:
According to this story , she took a photo of PA to her grandma in Cairo and told her that she loves this man and her grandma approved without knowing that he is a prince (he looks manly and handsome) she said

HUH?! are u serious?!?! She took the picture to her Grandma and said "this is the man I love" ...ummmm Intresting:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:
ehhhhm Sweet story ...:rolleyes:

I love the fact that great care was taken in asking her hand in marriage. I thought that her Mother was Jogoslavian!:) I saw it in Rym's face. She's lovely by the way and Prince Ali has certainly met his match.:)
suria said:
According to this story , she took a photo of PA to her grandma in Cairo and told her that she loves this man and her grandma approved without knowing that he is a prince (he looks manly and handsome) she said http://www.unforum.com/UNinsiderApr04.htm

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
HUH?! are u serious?!?! She took the picture to her Grandma and said "this is the man I love" ...ummmm Intresting:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:
ehhhhm Sweet story ...:rolleyes:
she said that , and i believe Rym she seems very honest to me ;)
i thought it would be interesting , i never know that about her , and how PA propose , i wish if there is more info about this ,
well in the past and even now , the mother take her son photo and go to visit homes looking for a bride and collect the girls photo and show them to her son to choose one
i hate this way very much its not romantic at all :mad:

Roshanah said:
I love the fact that great care was taken in asking her hand in marriage. I thought that her Mother was Jogoslavian!:) I saw it in Rym's face. She's lovely by the way and Prince Ali has certainly met his match.:)
yes he did , and he is lucky to marry Rym , she is great :)

i think PA is a romantic guy , and for sure he did a romantic thing to ask for Rym's hand , lucky Rym ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom