Divorce for Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to Jordanian law, Noor will lose custody of her daughter if she marries again.

omg:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
so let's say she remarries and he gets the custody. what happens if he then marries again?
Will he lose the custody?

omg:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
so let's say she remarries and he gets the custody. what happens if he then marries again?
Will he lose the custody?

No, the father does not lose the custody after a remarriage.

It's as reeda told you, but you are right with Princess Alia and her eldest son; he lived with his mother (he is now 29 years old), although his mother married again. But if your father is the ruling king you may have a bit more rights and privileges than a "normal" woman.....
And the children of Princess Aisha, Aoun & Muna, also live with her, not with their father, don't they?

This rule is not an obligation, is it? I don't expect :innocent:Prince Hamzah to seperate his daughter from her mother esp when she is too young even though Princess Noor gets married with somebody else. But I have a funny feeling that says they are going to reunite in the future. :whistling: Maybe it's because I adore them as a couple. :wub:

And the children of Princess Aisha, Aoun & Muna, also live with her, not with their father, don't they?

They do, but PAisha did not marry again for now

This rule is not an obligation, is it? I don't expect :innocent:Prince Hamzah to seperate his daughter from her mother esp when she is too young even though Princess Noor gets married with somebody else.

Of course, PHamzah could decide otherwise, he is free to renounce his own rights. But do not forget that his father separated his even younger eldest daughter from a mother who not even was remarried at the time.

Well, Islam does not recommend making your children unhappy. I think the issue of custody should depend on the child's welfare and benefit. Also Islam values mothers very much.But our topic is not Islam, but Divorce of a wonderful royal couple. I don't believe custody won't be a problem between them, because they love their child very much and I suppose they will have a balanced relationship at least for the sake of their little daughter.:wave:

the custody of a child is complicated everywhere in the world not only in muslim coutries,very disturbing issue.
anyway i don't think PHamzah will take Haya away from her mother sur they can figure out something for the little girl futur.

I was trying to make things clear , so not to elaborate more in the custody issue which is not even our subject , the couple are divorced and thats it , its unfortunate for their daughter Haya , but there's really no use of guessing with whom would she live.

. But I have a funny feeling that says they are going to reunite in the future. :whistling: Maybe it's because I adore them as a couple. :wub:

I hope this

But I expect a return difficult :ermm:

Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan was born Princess Noor bint Asem on October the 6th, 1982[1]. She is a member of the Jordanian Royal Family. After her divorce from Prince Hamzah of Jordan, her title is again Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan ......

Marriage
On 29 August 2003, the Royal Hashemite Court announced Princess Noor's marriage to Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein, her second cousin, had taken place. The marriage ceremony was held at al-Baraka Palace in Amman. The celebration of the marriage (Zifaf) was held on 27 May 2004 at Zahran Palace in Amman.
Noor and Hamzah divorced in March 2010. Noor's title before the marriage and after the divorce is Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan, but her title as Prince Hamzah's wife was Princess Noor Hamzah of Jordan
Princess Noor Hamzah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But do not forget that his father separated his even younger eldest daughter from a mother who not even was remarried at the time.
I completely don't understand how the sovereign who wanted to be considerated as "enlightened" could be so cruel to his only (then) so young a child.
He could propose to Dina that she could visit Alia whenever she wanted & stay with her for as much time as she wanted. Little Alia had to miss her mummy terribly!
Also this could refer to Shah of Iran, Fawzia & Shanaz.
Didn't the Prophet say: "Whoever separates the child from his/her mother, this one will be separated from his/her relatives at the day of Resurection"?

It is all Kabuki theatre. Four wives, a divorce here an there, several girlfriends, why the shock?

I just got a question, if everyone (except me) knew about this divorce, why didnt you tell us?? (well, me)

Or is because according to TRF rules, we can not post rumors?

According to Jordanian law, Noor will lose custody of her daughter if she marries again.

this is a horrible position for noor to be in. she is young and i'm sure she will want to remarry. however, the possibility of hamzah refusing custody to let the girl be with her mum is not bad, i'm sure this would be the case as hamzah is quite occidental (as his family) in his way of thinking. is this the case everywhere in the muslim countries or only in jordan?
and also, is this the case just because of the royal status of hamzah and noor or for everyone?

I just got a question, if everyone (except me) knew about this divorce, why didnt you tell us?? (well, me)

Or is because according to TRF rules, we can not post rumors?

TRF rules are quite clear about speculations & rumors therefore such new without any backup proof would be deleted and you would get a warning.

The proof we have now about the divorce came from the princes site which in a very recent press release did not mention his wife but only his daughter.

this is a horrible position for noor to be in. she is young and i'm sure she will want to remarry. however, the possibility of hamzah refusing custody to let the girl be with her mum is not bad, i'm sure this would be the case as hamzah is quite occidental (as his family) in his way of thinking. is this the case everywhere in the muslim countries or only in jordan?
and also, is this the case just because of the royal status of hamzah and noor or for everyone?

It's not just Jordan, but Islamic family law.

It's not just Jordan, but Islamic family law.
But in Turkey , the court gives the custody to the parent who can bring up the child better. Esp, the little children who needs more attention is given to the mother. I know that, because my grandparents are from Turkey. Also, I have never read a verse of the Koran which orders such a thing directly. So I think it may be an interpretation or Arabic tradition. ??? Sorry, I don't know exactly as I am half Jordinian and I don't live there.:bounce:I still think Prince Hamzah will find a way to sort this problem out without hurting his daughter, in case of P. Noor's remmariage. :)

Last edited:
But in Turkey , the court gives the custody to the parent who can bring up the child better. Esp, the little children who needs more attention is given to the mother. I know that, because my grandparents are from Turkey. Also, I have never read a verse of the Koran which orders such a thing directly. So I think it may be an interpretation or Arabic tradition. ??? Sorry, I don't know exactly as I am half Jordinian and I don't live there.:bounce:I still think Prince Hamzah will find a way to sort this problem out without hurting his daughter, in case of P. Noor's remmariage. :)

Do not forget that Turkey is a country with a strong stance of secularism and strict laicism since Kemal Atatürk. There is no place for Islamic rules and regulations in the law system:). But that's not the case in Jordan and other Muslim countries. They do not have this state ideology. It's not Arabic, but part of the Islamic family law.
But as I said before, PHamzah can renounce his rights in favor of Noor - it's up to him.

in Morocco too with the new family law the women keep her children custody after her second marriage.
but anyway i am sure Nooor will not have any problem with Hamzah if she decide to marry again.

Yes 2 .. in Amman and Aqaba 27-28 may 2004 ... also they have Nikah cermony in KA`s palace in Amman 29 Aug 2003.

This divorce was a surprise to me. I thought it was a marriage of convenience at the beginning, but over time, I started to change my mind. It's sad, but it's good that they didn't tough it out any longer.

Whether Noor has custody of Haya or not, it's more than likely that Haya will stay in Amman.

I just checked Wikipedia. It says they divorced in September 09.

I just checked Wikipedia. It says they divorced in September 09.

Yes, exectly this is what I heard too. Noor Hamzah has already become Noor Asem again from September 2009. They divorced 6 months ago.

That must be true, but I don't trust wikipedia, anyone can change the date and other things with just a click

That must be true, but I don't trust wikipedia, anyone can change the date and other things with just a click

That must be true. The first time I heard of their divorce last September and not on wikipedia or TRF. But If I am not mistaken, some Jordanian members also mentioned several times in fall 2009 that Hamzah didn't wear his wedding ring anymore.

Does anyone know how close are Hamzah and Noor related? I forgot.

Back
Top Bottom