What now for Princess Charlène: Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ms Motshumi...a very capable and well spoken lady. The Red Cross has a huge role to play in SA and it is nice to see PCharlene once again staying in touch with her roots. I'm thinking that in due course P Charlene will take over the Presidency of the Monegasque Red Cross from P Albert.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Is it then still possible qje would also become patron of the Monegasque Red Cross?

I think it would make sense for her to take over the presidency of the Monaco Red Cross as well or at least become it's patron as the SA and Monaco branches look like they will be working closely together in the future.

Prince Albert is president of the red cross and it not Charlene who decides to take the presidence but Albert will surely let her the presidence when the twins will be older as his father P Rainier did it with her mother P Grace 10 years after their wedding
But Charlene is very involved with Albert in the red cross organisation, giving the gits to the old persons , children ,new mothers at the maternity the mother day
She visited the refugees with Albert at the center of the red cross in Vintimiglia
Her foundation works with the Red Cross
The red Cross of Monaco was present at the safety water day at Monaco, they learned to the children of Monaco the first gestures of redcue when there is a drowing
The Monaco red Cross is building a first aid center at Burkina Faso and the princess Charlene Fondation is building in the first aid center a rescue aquatic center for the children of Burkina Faso

With Princess Charlene as patron of SARC and Albert president of the monaco red cross , the two organisations will work closely together

rumors come from tabloids as use, with this tabloids, the couple is divorcing five times in a year and since 5 years, the couple lives together and took holidays together in Ireland. they were very in love during the Sainte Devote celebrations, it begins to be boring to read these idiot rumors.
Princess Charlene received the sportmen at the palace during the Grand Prix , attended the Saint friday procession and the Saint Jean fest at the balcony, opened with Albert the festival of TV and received the actors in the palace, had a lot of learn to swim shows in Monaco with her foundation, attended and launched the fashion week in Monaco, attended the mare nostrum swimming, visited a home for the old persons, opened a nursery with her husband, attended the Red Cross gala at Monaco, the Leonardo di Caprio gala , launched a ship as godmother of this ship, celebrated with Albert the 10 birthday of the Prince Albert foundation, attended the princess Grace foundation gala as each time , attended the rugby gala where she announced the two next galas in Monaco in 2017 and 2018, opened the christmas market with the twins, visited the Red Cross quarter where she gave gifts to old persons with Albert for the national fests and Christmas , visited nurseries and handicaped persons during the fest of Christmas, she received the children of Monaco for christmas and received the staff of the palace for christmas.
Last year, the princely couple was received by the pape , this year, the couple celebrated the Sainte Devote fests.
She will launch the charity miles, it is her idea , she chose the 18 associations which are paired to the horses and all the associations will win, it is the first event like this in Monaco and France
On march 18th, she will be present to the big event of her foundation with the international sainte devote tournament and the palace will receive the underprivilegad children for the South africa monaco exchange.
Two big events which are her babies, it needs a lot of work before the events and not only attending the events
The comment is long but I am enough to read some comments which are not true, she was not only at the sainte Dévote celebrations, and so, she was very buzy during the last year, now it is quiet in Monaco, Albert attended only a meeting for her foundation, we don't see Caroline who is in holidays since end of december , she was not present at the sainte Devote fest which is is the second national fest in Monaco.

I find very nice this instagram which shows her work as for the Princess Charlene foundation and it is nice to see her wishing a good luck to the team of her foundation who are running to raise maney for the foundation.

(..)

The tabloids wnat to sell a lot of magazines and earn a lot of money, they will never let this couple in peace and they spread a lot of rumors, specially the italian tabloids who can win the oscar of false and idiot rumors

Charlene is doing a good job with her foundation and it is a lovely family with their two little heirs of Monaco

On february 25th, there will be the charity Miles at Cagnes Sur Mer, called 'princesse de Monaco, charity Miles', Princess Charlene is the patron and chose 18 charity associations which will be paired to a horse,

We begin to know the associations,

action Innocence Monaco, monegash charity association
A cheval trot top(association which learn to desavanteged children to ride
Just world international association which supports the programs of education, eating, health and cultural learning of the children of Cambodgia, Honduras and guatemala
Au delà des pistes, association which received old and ill horses .

The names of these 4 associations are published on the page of Facebook of the hyppodrome de la cote d'Azur

We will know later the name of the other associations as there are 18 charity associations

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with melina p here above. Their marriage does not seem to be in a crisis to me. In fact, they seem very close and content to be together. P Albert recently said that P Charlene wishes to be more present in Monaco, but that he hasn't found the time to assist her in this. Hopefully this will change during 2017. Meanwhile she keeps busy with her Foundation. She also did her first solo trip abroad in December when she visited India and attended the Children's Summit. Maybe we will see more of this in the months to come. And then she also chooses to be a hands on mum and be very involved with the twins. So all seems fine to me...

Whenever they appear together their body language speaks of a couple who are relaxed and happy together - I would say they are just rumours. Charlene seems more at ease with herself and her position in recent outings.

Hope to see them out and about soon but it's traditionally fairly quiet between the Circus Festival and the Rose Ball so not surprising that there are fewer appearances by any members of the family.

I do hope to see more of Charlene this year now that the twins are spending some time in nursery school.

By the way, not sure why Caroline's lack of public appearances means she's taking a holiday while for Charlene it means she is busy beavering away in the background. And Caroline is under no obligation (as a "minor" member of the Princely family) to attend Ste. Devote celebrations - she is in charge of the unimportant bling, bling events like the Rose Ball. Also, I do believe she was at Marchais with Albert in January when he was meeting locals and the press so not true to say she has been holiday since December.

Last edited:
Just seen the Instagram photo - nice message but not the most flattering photo of Charlene.

Whenever they appear together their body language speaks of a couple who are relaxed and happy together - I would say they are just rumours. Charlene seems more at ease with herself and her position in recent outings.

Hope to see them out and about soon but it's traditionally fairly quiet between the Circus Festival and the Rose Ball so not surprising that there are fewer appearances by any members of the family.

I do hope to see more of Charlene this year now that the twins are spending some time in nursery school.

By the way, not sure why Caroline's lack of public appearances means she's taking a holiday while for Charlene it means she is busy beavering away in the background. And Caroline is under no obligation (as a "minor" member of the Princely family) to attend Ste. Devote celebrations - she is in charge of the unimportant bling, bling events like the Rose Ball. Also, I do believe she was at Marchais with Albert in January when he was meeting locals and the press so not true to say she has been holiday since December.

Princess Caroline as of today is in charge of:
1) President of AMADE
2) President of Prince Pierre Foundation
3) Goodiwll Ambassador of UNESCO
4) President of the Ballet of Montecarlo

Princess Caroline is taking care of all art and cultural events in Monaco and worldwide keeping at high level Monaco Principality!

If for you those are bling bling events....

Princess Caroline as of today is in charge of:
1) President of AMADE
2) President of Prince Pierre Foundation
3) Goodiwll Ambassador of UNESCO
4) President of the Ballet of Montecarlo

Princess Caroline is taking care of all art and cultural events in Monaco and worldwide keeping at high level Monaco Principality!

If for you those are bling bling events....

I am fully aware of Princess Caroline's patronages and areas of interest - they are far more than you list above.

I was quoting another member of this forum ...

Local media wanted to publish an article about the chateau de Marchais, Albert opened the doors of the chateau, Caroline joigned Albert and Charlene who were in holidays during a week end at Marchais with the twins. Albert and Caroline tols about their memories when they came to Marchais , they told about the stories of their grandmother P Charlotte and Albert gave an interview about the ' agriculture' about the environment , the fact they changed the heating of the chateau and so, they met nobody apart the reporters it was a private stay.

When Charlene married, she did not receive presidences of associations as Kate, her duty was to be near Albert at inaugurations of the nurseries, colleges, visit the schools, there are only 5 schools she already visited and so .
She founded her foundation about the sport, the education of children. it is a big work, I advice to read the site of the foundation and you will see that she became more bigger with programs ' learn to swim( and water s

Local media wanted to publish an article about the chateau de Marchais, Albert opened the doors of the chateau, Caroline joigned Albert and Charlene who were in holidays during a week end at Marchais with the twins. Albert and Caroline tols about their memories when they came to Marchais , they told about the stories of their grandmother P Charlotte and Albert gave an interview about the ' agriculture' about the environment , the fact they changed the heating of the chateau and so, they met nobody apart the reporters it was a private stay.

When Charlene married, she did not receive presidences of associations as Kate, her duty was to be near Albert at inaugurations of the nurseries, colleges, visit the schools, there are only 5 schools she already visited and so .
She founded her foundation about the sport, the education of children. it is a big work, I advice to read the site of the foundation and you will see that she became more bigger with programs ' learn to swim( and water s

Yes, I read the article - that's what everyone does, gives interviews while on holiday. It was an engagement. I was pointing out it is untrue to say Caroline has been on holiday since the end of December.

I don't need to read the foundation's site - I am completely aware of its remit and Charlene's role within it. I am also aware that Albert said in his recent interview that Charlene wished to participate more in the public life of the principality and that they were aware that her lack of visibility at times had caused comment. He also reiterated that she had been taking time to be with her twins.

As I said in my original post, I see a much more relaxed, confident and at ease princess - I look forward to seeing more of her in the months to come when this quieter period in Monaco ends.

and water safety in Marrocco, Thailand, Greece, South Africa, Usa where she went to launch them, she founded the international rugby tournament of Ste devote where 10 international teams of young children came to play rugby at this tournament, , this day day there is also handicaped children who come to play rugby with the other children. She founded the Monaco South Africa exchange, young underprivilaged childrenof south africa came to Monaco during a week, they visit the principauty and are also playing rugby at the tournament. This tournament will take place on march 18th 2017, her foundation founded with the princely gouvernement the rescue aquatic center where the pupils of the colleges of Monaco jearned how to save somebody when he is drowning. the Red Cross of Monaco is building a first aid center and the PC foundation is financing a rescue aquatic center in Lumbula.
Charlene received awards for her work with her foundation, two awards in Usa and ttalian decoration
This year, she went to USA to open the new branch of her foundation in USa, she was also reeived at the Vatican and by the husband of P Ann for her foundation

Charlene is the godmother of the red cross of South Africa
She is the goodwill ambassador of the International Red Cross association
She is the patron of the fashion week in Monaco, she made to come Dior and Vuitton

This year, apart the circus gala and the fests of Sainte Devote , it is very quiet in Monaco and I said you, we don't see a lot Albert apart when he is at a meeting for the environment and his presence at the stade Louis II and in Paris for the football matchs we did not see him . There are no opening of nurseries, children gardens , schools, visiting of hospital, I don't know what Charlene could do.Monaco is a tiny principauty, there are months where we will see Charlene almost every days as May, juni, july, november, december and there are months where we don't see nobody as in january, february.
At the time of P Rainier, all the family attended the Sainte Dévote celebrations, Albert, caroline, her children because it is the most important fests in Monaco as important for Monaco as the national fest. after the death of Rainier, Albert was alone, Caroline came back in 2011 and 2012 near Albert and Charlene, after she did not come back.

It seems like you two (Melina and Florestane) are quarelling, but you're actually saying the same imo: it's a socially quiet time of the year for the Monaco PF, Albert and Charlene are doing great as a team (the rumors that go around are basically the old rumors from years ago, but not based on anything recent) and royals do loads of stuff which doesn't necessarily draw constant media attention...

or am i missing someone's point :flowers:

Charlene said in an interview to Paris match in 2015 that the palace did not what to do with her because she had no princess consort since 30 years and also Prince Albert was agreed to let her be a full time mother Albert said during the christmas interview that Charlene was a wonderfull mother and he was happy that she could be always with them. Also this interview is surprising. When the palace is asking her to be present to an event , she is present. I remebered that she was present alone at the Fete Dieu in 2015, Albert was at Cowes for regats.She represented Albert at this procession
I think it is the work to a communication team to search the events where Charlene could attend, it is not to Charlene to say,' I come to day,' it is the communication team to take contact with the association where Charlene may attend, ' at whattime she comes, what she would do ' all the intendance . I think the team was buzy with Albert who is here and there, or travelling everywhere in the world, Albert was doing these last years a lot of travels , he had no time to devote to the job of Charlene

This year, there are some changes, there is a instagram of Charlene where we can see the work of Charlene, I read that a sovereign ordonnance named a secretary for Charlene until now, she shared the secretary of Albert.

It seems like you two (Melina and Florestane) are quarelling, but you're actually saying the same imo: it's a socially quiet time of the year for the Monaco PF, Albert and Charlene are doing great as a team (the rumors that go around are basically the old rumors from years ago, but not based on anything recent) and royals do loads of stuff which doesn't necessarily draw constant media attention...

or am i missing someone's point :flowers:

Yes, we agree that it's quiet. No, we don't agree when it comes to mentioning what other members of the family have or haven't done in order to make Charlene look "better". Especially, when the other members of the family are no longer "central" figures and would be perfectly justified in saying, "I've done more than my fair share, you're the Sovereign couple, I'm retired." Albert is extremely lucky that he has both his sisters and his cousins as well as their children prepared to help out.

Frankly, I don't understand this need to either insist on her perfection (she isn't perfect, just like most people) or to post a lengthy note on every time she blows her nose just because other people mention they haven't seen her for a while...

Last edited:
I did not insist on her perfection and saying that Charlene is doing nothing apart some public events, and saying that is also too much
I published all she did during the all year and you could see that she was activ.and I will publish all what she will do , it is the work of the readers in this forum. Readers publish about the next public events of Kate, Mary, Letizia and other princesses and I read some long notes about the couple Mary and Frederick or the relation of Harry with Maghan, it is normal we are on a royal forum
I know that there are still persons who do not appreciat her since her story with the prince Albert , Charlene is the princess sovereign and they must used to this and I will not give up to give news, there will be photos of Charlene at public events and photos of the children

Albert does not need the help of his nephews, Andreas is living in London, Charlotte at Paris and Pierre is often on his boat for regates, for his cousins apart the masters tennis, we don't see them .

I did not insist on her perfection and saying that Charlene is doing nothing apart some public events, and saying that is also too much
I published all she did during the all year and you could see that she was activ.and I will publish all what she will do , it is the work of the readers in this forum. Readers publish about the next public events of Kate, Mary, Letizia and other princesses and I read some long notes about the couple Mary and Frederick or the relation of Harry with Maghan, it is normal we are on a royal forum
I know that there are still persons who do not appreciat her since her story with the prince Albert , Charlene is the princess sovereign and they must used to this and I will not give up to give news, there will be photos of Charlene at public events and photos of the children

Albert does not need the help of his nephews, Andreas is living in London, Charlotte at Paris and Pierre is often on his boat for regates, for his cousins apart the masters tennis, we don't see them .

And this is what annoys me - you impute comments to me that I haven't made!!!!

Where did I say he "needs" them? I DIDN'T!!!! I said he was lucky that they all helped out. They are all involved to some extent in the life of the principality and not as little as you make out. And frankly, I can't be arsed to write a long boring list of what they do but it's more than living in London and Paris and taking part in REGATTAS. And cobblers to his cousins only turning up to the tennis - you do love to twist the facts to suit your narrative..

I am fully aware of Princess Caroline's patronages and areas of interest - they are far more than you list above.

I was quoting another member of this forum ...

I know very well the Princess Caroline patronages are far more than the ones I highlighted in my previous post!

I beg your pardon, but Charlene is not the princess sovereign but she is princess consort!

You could think whatever you want, but Prince Albert is really close to her nieces and nephews, and he attended many events with them; it's a great family team!

And this is what annoys me - you impute comments to me that I haven't made!!!!

Where did I say he "needs" them? I DIDN'T!!!! I said he was lucky that they all helped out. They are all involved to some extent in the life of the principality and not as little as you make out. And frankly, I can't be arsed to write a long boring list of what they do but it's more than living in London and Paris and taking part in REGATTAS. And cobblers to his cousins only turning up to the tennis - you do love to twist the facts to suit your narrative..

Agree with you!

Andreas is living in London, we don't see him near his uncle during the year apart the internatonal jumping when he is watching this event, he does not give award like her sister we see him near his uncle when he is watching the football matchs, it is not a job, he went to watch a match, apart attending the national fest, he is not present on Monaco
Charlotte has her philosophy meeting which take place two times in a year and she has the jumping during two days and she is attending the national fest
Pierre attended some events near his uncle, 4 or 6 events in the year, apart this , he is on his boat

All the children of Caroline attend the bal de la Rose, principal event for them
The cousins De Massy don't do events apart the masters tennis with the party for tennis two days before the final race, Baroness and her daughter Melanie attended the opening of the christmas market with Albert, Charlene and the twins
In january 2015 and 2016 , they attended the burning of the canot at the Ste Devote celebration, this year, there were no members of the family

All these members of the family don't attend the public events
The children of Stephanie are doing more , the three children are attending the fightAids and the circus gala, Louis was attending some sport events and with her sister, he is present near the princely couple for the christmas at the palace Camille was present at the giving gifts at the home for old persons with her mother P Stephanie.
When we see the british royal family, the royal family of Danemark, the royal family of Belgium , all the members of these families are helping the royal couple a lot more than the monegash family

I don't love to twist the facts, the facts are true

Where are the nephews of AQlbert this past month apart the children of Stephanie who attended the gala circus?
If they were so close to Albert, they would attend the Ste Devote celebrations because Sainte Devote is the patron of the princely family and it is a very important event of Monaco and it woul be nice and warm to see the entirely family near Albert
Albert is their uncle, he likes them as I do with my sister and her children, don't exagerat

Charlene would be the regent if Albert would die before the majority of Jacques, Albert recallet it in a sovereign ordonnace in june 2015 caroline is not even named in the croxn council
Albert did not name his sisters nor his nephews as godmothers or godfathers of Jacques and Gabriella

Where are the nephews of AQlbert this past month apart the children of Stephanie who attended the gala circus?
If they were so close to Albert, they would attend the Ste Devote celebrations because Sainte Devote is the patron of the princely family and it is a very important event of Monaco and it woul be nice and warm to see the entirely family near Albert
Albert is their uncle, he likes them as I do with my sister and her children, don't exagerat

Charlene would be the regent if Albert would die before the majority of Jacques, Albert recallet it in a sovereign ordonnace in june 2015 caroline is not even named in the croxn council
Albert did not name his sisters nor his nephews as godmothers or godfathers of Jacques and Gabriella

You really are contrary aren't you?

He has no time for his sisters because they aren't his children's godparents. And yet there is Caroline at Marchais to greet the press, he gives an interview about what an amazing mother and grandmother she is and she supports the cultural life of Monaco.

Pierre only turns up to watch a match but when it's Louis he is "attending sporting events". Pierre also works in his father's business.

Andrea turns up for the events he needs to turn up for, he's a private citizen and actually patron of a charity. All of Caroline's children are private citizens, they help out when they can, they are older than Stephanie's children with families of their own. When they were younger (and closer in the succession) they were more present - including at handing out Christmas presents.

And seriously, they don't turn up to Ste Devote so they aren't close to their uncle and aren't involved in the life of the Principality? Charlene didn't turn up to a ton of things and you wouldn't hear any suggestion that she was shirking her responsibilities (and I would argue as Albert's consort her presence is perhaps more necessary than his untitled nephews and nieces).

The de Massy family also support the dog charity in Monaco and pitched up to the picnic - see, I can also list events.

On the one hand you claim Charlene can't attend lots of events because Monaco is small and then you want the whole extended family to turn up to everything to prove their closeness to Albert. In which case, if turning up to something demonstrates closeness then Charlene needs to pitch up to a bit more!!! The families you choose to make your point all come from countries much bigger than Monaco so clearly they can spread things out. That, by the way, is a point you've made in the past - but it doesn't suit you today so you argue the opposite.

What on earth has Caroline and Stephanie not being godmothers to Jacques and Gabriella got to do with the price of cheese? Are you trying to illustrate that he and his sisters aren't close? Because you're wrong...

And all this because you can't bear the slightest hint of criticism of Charlene - even where there isn't any!

I don't suppose you will take any of this on board, choosing as ever to misunderstand and twist everything for your own purposes...

I refer to the above discussion. Since not all of us who are posting here have English as our native tongue, it is quite possible that things we say may come across differently as we meant them. Maybe we should not interpret everything so literally?

I refer to the above discussion. Since not all of us who are posting here have English as our native tongue, it is quite possible that things we say may come across differently as we meant them. Maybe we should not interpret everything so literally?

You may well be right but I can't honestly see any other way of taking the comments made...

But if that was your polite way of asking that the discussion stop then fine.

As usual thePrincess missed one again the Royals reunion at Norway King and Queen's 80th Birthday. I cannot understand the situation. How are the duties of Princess Charlene?
For sure Princess Grace would't have missed it.

Her foundation is great but when you are the Princess Consort of a country it's your duty to promote that country not just to use being a princess to do charity work. That means going with Albert on official trips to strengthen Monaco's ties with other countries. It also means representing the Princely family alongside her husband at official royal events abroad. She is simply ignoring these important and fundamental parts of her role and it's not acceptable. Her heart clearly lies in S. Africa and she dosn't even try to pretend otherwise which makes me wonder why she took on the role of Princess of Monaco in the first place.

Imo P.Albert has a very business-like approach to his role in life and the Monegask family have divided the various tasks in "the company" each to their own interests/strenghts... imo P.Charlene never looked really at ease at these royal gatherings and much more at various other events, so she has different focus areas nowadays.

I have to say I was disappointed Charlene didn't attend the Norway celebrations. Yes, she had recently been in South Africa but she had been back in the principality for at least a couple of days as she was at the football match. I applaud her charity work but wish she would attend more of the European Royal events .

Her foundation is great but when you are the Princess Consort of a country it's your duty to promote that country not just to use being a princess to do charity work. That means going with Albert on official trips to strengthen Monaco's ties with other countries. It also means representing the Princely family alongside her husband at official royal events abroad. She is simply ignoring these important and fundamental parts of her role and it's not acceptable. Her heart clearly lies in S. Africa and she dosn't even try to pretend otherwise which makes me wonder why she took on the role of Princess of Monaco in the first place.

I completely agree with you, Sophie! By the way Prince Albert, IMHO, without Princess Charlene is happier than when he is with her?

I have to say I was disappointed Charlene didn't attend the Norway celebrations. Yes, she had recently been in South Africa but she had been back in the principality for at least a couple of days as she was at the football match. I applaud her charity work but wish she would attend more of the European Royal events .

I can't understand why Prince Albert can accept this kind of staff from her wife, the Princess Consort. She is attending only few duties in Monaco: Sainte Devote, F1 Grand Prix, Red Cross Ball and November 19th. That's it.

I agree with the (well-meant) critical comments of her non-attendance. If other royals from bigger countries with more events to cover are able to multitask, why not in Monaco?

Maybe she feels that being mother to the twins is her full-time job and consort to the Prince of Monaco second?

Back
Top Bottom