The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope the press does not constantly harrass Charlene's family, I know that there is probably a certain amount of media that they have to field leading up to the
marriage but certainly they should be left to live in peace after the wedding as they seem like very private people.

There were photos of the Charlene'smother with her brother and perhaps two cousins on the newspaper , it was just the day after the national fest of Monaco.It is a family which seems to be very discret, (the Catherine'parents are on the british newspapers), I remember when Prince Rainier married with Grace Kelly, all the newspapers talk about the all Kelly family.Happily it is not the case of the family of Charlene, there would be yet critisms on .I always remember the lot of critism when her brother was on the photo with her or when he was guest of the red cross gala.
Family of Charlene lives like other families in Johannesburg, the proof, father was hidjacket because, he had no bodyguard, I hope there will be a policeman around the house to protect the parents untill the weedding.South Africa is a beautiful land but anybody can be robbed and killed for money, it is verey unsafety

The Kelly family during the 50's was media-worthy not just because of Grace Kelly but because of their own achievements and wealth. Jack and Margaret Kelly were a power couple especially in Philadelphia, and their 3 other children married well (Grace was to marry last among her siblings), so it was not as if they were marrying for publicity or money.

Jack Kelly was also into local politics so he and his family were media-savvy. They knew how to deal with reporters and photographers.

So it will be very interesting to see how the Wittstock family will deal with the publicity, the sudden interest, and the gossip.

Last edited:
They lare living like many other familyes, they are very discret, we do not see many photos on them.The Kelly family liked the publicity.Before the wedding , the mother of Grace kelly told the life of her daughter and she said she had so many boyfriends she could make a collar with her names and Grace was very angry about them.There was an history when her brother divorced and he wanted to be a mayor, the mother of Princess Grace was again him and Grace was yet angry

They lare living like many other familyes, they are very discret, we do not see many photos on them.The Kelly family liked the publicity.Before the wedding , the mother of Grace kelly told the life of her daughter and she said she had so many boyfriends she could make a collar with her names and Grace was very angry about them.There was an history when her brother divorced and he wanted to be a mayor, the mother of Princess Grace was again him and Grace was yet angry
You weren't around when we were discussing the interviews with her family including her grandmother. The posts and articles are in Alberts threads before Charlene got her own thread. Every member of the family has talked to the press.

She was yet a swimmer and the father seemed to talk about her as swimmer, I think her grandmother who was aged was taken and surprised by Bunte, but it doesn't last many time from 2006, we know nothing about the family at the contrary the Kate Middleton'sfamily who talks about her daughter in the press, but it was normal for her not for Charlene, A part a Photo of Charlene Baby with daddy and mummy, Charlene at school, we did not know about her family. There was a silent, the first photos came when her brother came to some events and when her mother came with her brother at the time of National fest and we saw her for the first time and at the Midmar Mile we had a little photo taken on a boat published by Point De Vue, we can not say that they are always in the press, but we will see the family soon because there will be the wedding, but I repeat they are very discret, no thing to say about.

She was yet a swimmer and the father seemed to talk about her as swimmer, I think her grandmother who was aged was taken and surprised by Bunte, but it doesn't last many time from 2006, we know nothing about the family at the contrary the Kate Middleton'sfamily who talks about her daughter in the press, but it was normal for her not for Charlene, A part a Photo of Charlene Baby with daddy and mummy, Charlene at school, we did not know about her family. There was a silent, the first photos came when her brother came to some events and when her mother came with her brother at the time of National fest and we saw her for the first time and at the Midmar Mile we had a little photo taken on a boat published by Point De Vue, we can not say that they are always in the press, but we will see the family soon because there will be the wedding, but I repeat they are very discret, no thing to say about.
Incorrect she was living in Monaco when a photo of her father and brother with the reporter when her father asked was she happy since they hadn't spoken to her in over a year. The article was the one that told of Charlene having accounts in about every store in Monaco not to mention she had his credit card and it was reported he gave her 40,000 a month to live on. A store owner also talked to. You must have missed it. Don't forget the press would have had more interest in the Kelly's for the reasons Mtatum stated.

You want to argue over every post that doesn't suit your image of the perfect family and how wonderful and beautiful Charlene is. Talk about Kate and her family in a bad light. Zonk has said not to do things like that and some right after your posts. I got the message but apparently you haven't. Sorry Zonk she gets on people nerves and not just mine. I'm not surprised people think she is a friend of Charlene's or works for the Palace.

LadyMacAlpine, let her...she is just a hard die fan that doesn't accept the reality of things...for her, Charlene and her family are just the image of perfection.

It's worth remembering that we are an online community where everyone is meant to be equal. It's not edifying watching others starting small wars amongst them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wittstocks move to Monaco (or France) in order to live a halfway "normal" life, and to leave SA behind.
No one could blame them IMO.

I agree, Renata4711. :)

Not only that, I feel it would be advantageous for Charlene to have her mother there when she starts having babies. :flowers:

I hope they stay where ever they are comfortable. Though to be honest, I can hear the voices of dissent now talking about the Wittstocks taking over Monaco.

Not taking into consideration that it is very common for family to move when another member moves into a new area. A lot of my cousins moved from New York to Maryland after visiting here a couple of times.

Well I'm more concerned about their well-being if they stay in South Africa, which has been under upheaval and strife for some time now. It's dangerous to be a Caucasian living in South Africa under these trying times, especially with such a high profile as their daughter has, thus the attack on her parent recently. Better to leave and start fresh somewhere else. And in the Wittstocks case, what better time than now, with their daughter getting married to the sovereign of Monaco, and in due time having babies to carry on the family name. :flowers:

Also, they will be the children's only "living" grandparents, now that Prince Rainier and Princess Grace have passed. Just imagine what a joy they will be to their grandchildren and vice-versa, not to mention having one's mother around to help out is always invaluable. :)

That said, the Grimaldis will always come first, and I'm sure they know that. They dominate Monaco, as it should be, the Wittstocks will only add to that familial atmosphere imho. :cool:

With much of Africa in turmoil, I hope and pray that they will indeed move to calmer shores - such as Monaco itself, or somewhere nearby, perhaps the Italian border.

I can't believe I never read this entire thread until now, interesting to say the very least... :D

Anyhow, I was searching for pics of the entire family because I just realized I've never seen pics of them, only her 32 yr. old foxy handsome brother, Gareth, one time at some fashion show or other with his big sis. :) But never her other 28 yr. old brother, Sean, nor her mother or father for that matter, until now. I just now saw one pic of them when they were young, and one pic of her mother with sunglasses on, that's it, nothing else.

What do they look like! I can't wait until the wedding...finally....a chance to see her side of the family. :cool:

We saw her father recently in the documentary who was on the M6 about Kate and Charlene.
He told about the Wittstock's family who arrived at the end of the XIX century in South Africa, he told about the childhood of Charlene and how the Prince called him to announce to the parents he would want marry Charlene at the moment of the match France South Africa and it is all.
We have no photos of the Charlene's mother, we know she is with Charlene untill the wedding to prepare the wedding.
There is a photo of Charlene , the prince Albert and the Charlene wittstock'sfather taken we do not know when(in 2007?), it is on the book of Christiane Sthalh.
I think we will soon see photos of the parents. I think they are very discret and do not want to be seen before the wedding.

I find it facinating that possibly the whole immediate family may move to Monaco. Did the Wittstock family have to give a dowery like Grace Kelly's family did before she married Renier?

Interesting question you pose, Christine10. :)

Hmmm, I know that when Grace married Rainier there was talk of the palace needing money, thus the dowry and Mr. Kelly Sr. paying for it. Leastways that is my understanding.

But in this case I honestly don't think the Wittstocks need to pay for a thing because now Monaco is filthy rich, lol, especially its sovereign, whom is estimated to have a net worth of at least 2-5 billion.

Regards the family moving to Monaco, that's just pure speculation for now, but if they do so, I don't see why not, as I posted up above. :)

I agree, Nadine - way back in 1956, Monaco was stoneybroke, but there is no need for any dowry. In any case, PA would not agree to such an old-fashioned notion of a dowry :))

Moving to Monaco would be following the same path as the Manley and Donaldson families, both of whom moved to Denmark on a full or part time basis after their daughters married into the DRF.

As for a dowry, even in 1956 the idea was considered quaint at best, in 2011 is would be thought of as ridiculously antiquated even if the Wittstocks had the means to pay a few million to the princely treasury.

Last edited:
Antiquated, I think not, leastways not in my world. ;)

Regards the Wittstock family, I've come to accept that we will not get a glimpse of the family until the wedding, as it should be. And I can't wait, lol! :D

Antiquated, I think not, leastways not in my world. ;)

How much do you expect to pay your husband for marrying you?:lol:
In European culture today I think it is quite an antiquated idea.

Ah, you and I come from two totally different worlds, as I can see you have no idea what I'm talking about. :cool: C'est la vie. :)

Now shall we get back on topic, the Wittstock Family, a lovely one indeed! :)

Lol, I've been imagining Mrs. Wittstock busily preparing Charlene's wedding dress, I have this image of her as Rapunzel with long blonde hair sitting in a castle tower bent over her loom. :D I'm pretty this vision is a result of my baby niece talking incessantly about the movie "Tangled" with me this past weekend. :)

Talking of different worlds, I can't see CW doing anything useful with a sewing machine......
This is where the constant, rather tedious comparison between PG and CW ends!

Grace was artistic, into pressed flowers, classical music and the like.

We can only hope that CW broadens her horizon .....

Oops, in my post up above I was referring to Charlene's mother, Mrs. Wittstock, as the one with long blonde hair bending over her loom sewing her daughter's dress. :D

Lol, in actuality don't know anything about Mrs. Wittstock, whether she can sew or not, just imagining. :)

But now that I have actually seen the fabulous movie, "Tangled", for myself, I see Charlene as the title character ~ Rapunzel ~ with long beautiful blonde hair (extensions in Charlene's case, hehe :D). The lost princess. :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q6DpTEzjy...QFS-wKa4/s1600/tangled_rapunzel_poster_20.jpg

http://www.bornjustright.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/cine-tangled-3.jpg

Looking back to the W & K wedding, I, for my part, am looking forward to the role Charlene's brothers will have at the wedding They seem to already have had some kind of foothold in the Principality.

There is a Facebook article on him: Gareth Wittstock | Facebook , but no Wikipedia article so far.

I don't think it is the true site of Gareth Wittstoch, this site picks the photos of Charlene's fan site, there is nothing about Gareth Wittstock. I think it is a false site

in it there is the blog of Eringer, you know the man who goes in justice,this man who is again Prince Albert , a man which is not serious, it is a false site, there is no photos of Gareth Wittstock, apart the one which was in Hello in november, we found in many newspapers and there is on the site of Charlene' site fan on face book

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Melina - I didn't seriously think it was a genuine Facebook site.

I'm thinking of creating a Gareth Wittstock Wikipedia article, because sooner or later, someone else will!

I've worked on Wikipedia since 2002, with ten thousand + edits. User name: Renata

If anyone has any info on the two brothers, please let me know.

Last edited:
There are photos on getty images of him when there was the red croos in 2009, the amber show with his sister, and at hercules sport he is behind the prince Albert after the engagements. The photo on hello magazine and Point de Vue, it seems not to be gareth but the other brother Sean which is more tall.
I have a a photo taken on a web with Charlene, Sean and Gareth, they are young girl and young boys between 15 to 20years old, but I do not succeed to make a copy colle

Back
Top Bottom