The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2019, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Probably because of the persistent rumors concerning the state of their marriage.

Like many I was surprised to see Charlene not even faking it at this point. She couldn't even pretend to smile with the darling little girl that presented her with the bouquet.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-V103Wc7Gc...ton-coat-9.jpg
Agree with this. Anyone who has followed the Monegasques for more than a few years would be aware of these rumours - that she tried to run away before the wedding, etc, etc. Whilst they're just that, rumours, Charlene certainly doesn't do herself any favours in trying to quash them, as I previously said.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-12-2019, 05:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

They can never win. When sunny Máxima smiles her 10.000 megawatt smile there are folks critizing her for unroyal behaviour, showing her gums, whatever. When introvert Charlène keeps a restraint and poised attitude she is slashed down equally. Pfff. The opening of the new school was a great succes and all had a nice day. That is what counts.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Courtier

With Charlene I think it's a few different things from different places. Her disappearing for months at a time, even for events or occasions where a consort would normally attend, her seeming bored or miserable at many official events starkly contrasted with things where she is clearly enthusiastic and doesn't mind who knows - like being in SA or recently the rugby. And yes combined with the insane rumours just pre marriage, doesn't help.

People do tend to forget or gloss over the times when she's look happy or content at public events and it's might be very unfair to moan about her facial expressions but I can see why assumptions are made from various factors.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

this..
she doesn't seem shy at certain events, for instance https://cdn-04.independent.ie/incomi.../963066676.jpg
Noone is asking her to be exuberant, but it would be nice is she had even 1% of the polite and civil touch that her husband shows in public, who seems genuinly interested at every event (probably also has topics that don't really interest him, but he manages to have the people who invite him feel like he enjoys being there.)

Introvert is something different from being shy by the way, I'm very introvert, but that doesn't mean that I don't smile or communicate when people invite me somewhere, it's just that at some point afterwards I regain energy by being on my own for a while.
P.Charlene may well be an introvert (can't tell from the outside), but that doesn't mean she can't show appreciation when a host honors her like in Italy..

But again, it's well possible that at the last event in Italy she didn't feel well or had a bad day, let's wait what happens at National Day
Old 11-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Just for the record, she did eventually smile at the Fete Nationale last year

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XukFV44oY...0-monaco02.png
Old 11-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Very nice pic that! Not long to wait for this year's
Old 11-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Here's a video report about the inauguration in Isola del Gran Sasso:

Old 11-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

: maybe a dumb question but what is it that Charlene writes after her first name on the signature wall (end of the vid)?
Old 11-13-2019, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
: maybe a dumb question but what is it that Charlene writes after her first name on the signature wall (end of the vid)?
I was wondering the same thing!
Old 11-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Previous to watching the video I was prepared to go along with the comments made that the Princess had been caught off guard with isolated pictures depicting hands in pocket/ lack of interaction/ barely smiling . However, the footage suggests this was very much the way of the visit. What a shame for all those excited children.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

And why can't she spell her own name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Old 11-14-2019, 02:26 AM
Serene Highness

I think she wrote Charlene de Monaco. The surface seemed a little uneven.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
hahaha, that makes sense, thanks!
Old 11-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

I didn't see anything wrong with her behavior. She made conversations with people, seems to be nice. (..)
Old 11-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Speculative posts and comments concerning possible plastic surgeries have been removed according to the TRF rules. Thank you for your understanding!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
The R in Charlene was clearly missing and she seemed to write 'de la' but I'm not sure about the Monaco part.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Previous to watching the video I was prepared to go along with the comments made that the Princess had been caught off guard with isolated pictures depicting hands in pocket/ lack of interaction/ barely smiling . However, the footage suggests this was very much the way of the visit. What a shame for all those excited children.
Yes, not walking around with hands in pocket seems very basic... And based on her reaction you wonder whether she was even pleased she received recognition in the form of an order. At least she checked to see what it was before posing clearly annoyed with it.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The R in Charlene was clearly missing and she seemed to write 'de la' but I'm not sure about the Monaco part.
I noticed that was odd -
Old 12-01-2019, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Charlene at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, ahead of the final race of the season for the Formula 1 today 1 December as greets the Monegasque driver Charles Leclerc.
Her brother is with her.

https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=agdoglfc
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=omaoclol
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=kbneiilo
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=cbbiejip
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=oafolkag
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=ocjbbfnl

The Palace shares more pictures from the trip of Princess Charlene in Abu Dhabi for the Formula 1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3k&__tn__=HH-R
Old 12-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

She was at this circuit for the F1 race earlier, I think last year? At least she gets out and about which is good to see If I'm not mistaken Charles Leclerc is one of the ambassadors of her foundation?

I have a feeling though that this photo will be quoted again for a while to show that she can have a relaxed smile it's all about the circumstances, right?