Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As "light" as that schedule seems to you and me, for a woman in the early stages of what is beginning to appear to be a high risk pregnancy it sounds like it would be a nightmare.

Banquets? Sightseeing? A boat excursion?? When you are horribly nauseated and exhausted??:eek:

The boat excursion forms the sightseeing, as Amsterdam is of course studded with canals. And these boats are very gentle and move slowly over flat water. Charlène would most likely be transported in one of those VIP boats from the Amsterdam Port Authority, with all comfort aboard, hostesses immediately being ready to do everything Her Serene Highness wants.

Come on...., other pregnant ladies go to work. They fly Ryanair. They have to queue for tourists sightseeing boats with uncomfortable benches. Charlène flies with a private jet, she will be picked up by a brand new extended bullet- and bombfree armoured royalblue Audi limousine which 'floats' over the road due to its massive weight, her appartments at the royal palace will be provided with the utmost luxury imagineable. Let us not exaggerate please..... I still remember a heavily pregnant Princess Máxima in the last stage of pregnancy, with a swollen balloon but attending all exhausting three days of a State Visit in hot Turkey.... !

It is not that Charlène has a heavy program scheduled in the Netherlands, on the contrary.... more utra-light is not possible. Even Masako could do this.

Between the hopping over by private princely plane from Nice to the Netherlands, vice versa, Charlène only had two official duties:

- attend the opening of the Princess Grace Exhibition (appr. 20-30 minutes)

- attend the banquet given in their honour, hosted by the King and Queen

For the rest Charlène has private pastime with Queen Máxima and on the second day a private sightseeing by canalboat in Amsterdam, joined by Queen Máxima. That was it. (Prince Albert has a much heavier schedule, meeting politicians, visiting businesses and an university campus).

she's cancelled - you just need to accept it. She is pregnant, poss with twins. Its a "no risk taking" situation and for all we know, this is on doctors advice.

It is not uncommon for a twin to die through the pregnancy, happened to my sister. They may want to be cautious and give her some room/privacy.

(...) Just happy she is with child.

Last edited by a moderator:
AfricanAUSSIE- I am sorry that happened to your sister. I think many of us, including myself-take it for granted that conceiving and carrying a child and bringing it safely into healthy existence happens effortlessly everyday.

It does...for some. Everyone is not so fortunate.

I don't usually pay attention to rumors but I am more inclined to believe the twins story because of the source. Derik Watts is one of the best investigative journalists in South Africa and he is very respected.

I do think Charlene's father is excited and happy but I don't think he should have told about the twins. The couple did not want it to be public knowledge, understandably so.

Really hope it's twins, that would be wonderful :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Last edited:
(...) I am glad for Charlene and hope all goes well. Baby/babies are wonderful. I think her father should have kept his mouth shut, if it were him, not his news to tell.

For however light their schedule is in Netherlands, I can tell you, if you feel sick during your pregnancy, then you feel sick... this coming from one who was physically sick up until 6 weeks before the birth of number one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't usually pay attention to rumors but I am more inclined to believe the twins story because of the source. Derik Watts is one of the best investigative journalists in South Africa and he is very respected.

I do think Charlene's father is excited and happy but I don't think he should have told about the twins. The couple did not want it to be public knowledge, understandably so.

Really hope it's twins, that would be wonderful :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Maybe this will be Derik Watts last private word from Mr. Wittstock. Derik kind of blabbered a secret to the world. Some journalists just want attention. You are right, I doubt that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene would tell the world everything about their pregnancy.

Derek Watts is a highly respected anchor presenter of in-depth news programme Carte Blanche. I don't think he "blabbered" the news of the twins to seek attention; rather he was possibly not informed that it's confidential.

As for PC's father, he did confirm this to the Benoni Times as well, but I think he is just a proud grandfather who got caught up in all the excitement -- and I certainly don't blame him. And perhaps he, too, was not informed that the 'twins part' is not in the official palace statement.

Victoria's Secret, I have to agree with you that Derek Watts is not an attention seeking journalist. He is a very well known journalist who hosted a well known magazine program on TV in South Africa, something similar to 60 Minutes (on Aussie TV).

Also, when Pr Mary's pregnancy with the twins was announced, the first announcement said she was pregnant which was followed later by an announcement saying she was pregnant with twins.

I battled for 13 years to fall pregnant and eventually had fertility treatment. One twin aborted very early in the pregnancy so the first 3 month as most who have been pregnant know, is a very trying time. I can understand why her trip to Netherlands has been cancelled. Anyway, let's hope she has a comfortable and healthy pregnancy.

maybe they just wanted some part of this news to be private? Especially if she is not well (sorry - that is speculation - and that isn't allowed on these forums - apparently)
Hardly "speculation", more like expectation!

The boat excursion forms the sightseeing, as Amsterdam is of course studded with canals. And these boats are very gentle and move slowly over flat water. Charlène would most likely be transported in one of those VIP boats from the Amsterdam Port Authority, with all comfort aboard, hostesses immediately being ready to do everything Her Serene Highness wants.

Come on...., other pregnant ladies go to work. They fly Ryanair. They have to queue for tourists sightseeing boats with uncomfortable benches. Charlène flies with a private jet, she will be picked up by a brand new extended bullet- and bombfree armoured royalblue Audi limousine which 'floats' over the road due to its massive weight, her appartments at the royal palace will be provided with the utmost luxury imagineable. Let us not exaggerate please..... I still remember a heavily pregnant Princess Máxima in the last stage of pregnancy, with a swollen balloon but attending all exhausting three days of a State Visit in hot Turkey.... !
Morning sickness and large puddles don't mix, let alone boats or heaven forfend, planes! Whatever are you thinking;
- That all pregnant women are the same?
- That morning sickness is merely a little nausea first thing each morning? :ROFLMAO:
- That morning sickness lasts only through the first trimester?

Charlene has certainly seemed more than a little off her game and if she is suffering from morning sickness she could be one of those unlucky women who end up hospitalised as did Catherine.

As to latter months, she could well be healthy and bouncing just like Maxima or, worst case senario, confined to bed for the last 4 - 6 months! We just don't know and that is the point. Any "expectation" you have of a pregnant woman is irrational. Every day is a new day and different.

Also, when Pr Mary's pregnancy with the twins was announced, the first announcement said she was pregnant which was followed later by an announcement saying she was pregnant with twins.
It was announced straight away that CP Mary was expecting twins.

As it's highly speculative and an extremely, sensitive matter we won't discuss the possibilty of previous miscarriages, infertility or in vitro fertilization. Please stay respectful towars the persons you discuss. A couple of posts have been removed, as usual further off-topic, speculative or disrespectful posts will be deleted without notice. Thanks for your understanding!

Princess Charlene of Monaco pregnant with twins | Benoni City Times

Does this source have any credibility? Netherland's visit cancelled? Did her father really say this was the case?

It is doubtful her father would have stated this, as this would have to be officially confirmed by the Palace, first, which it has not been. So I think it is a false story, as no announcement from the Palace about twins has been made.

Last edited:
The only reliable and confirmed news:

- Charlène is expected to give birth at the end of this year

- Charlène has dropped out of the official two-day visit to the Netherlands

:flowers:

Derek is a very respected journalist; thanks everyone for that additional bit of information. Would be great if the Palace confirmed it, too.

Very exciting!! So we wait and see if anything official is confirmed?

Last edited:
Hardly "speculation", more like expectation!

Morning sickness and large puddles don't mix, let alone boats or heaven forfend, planes! Whatever are you thinking;
- That all pregnant women are the same?
- That morning sickness is merely a little nausea first thing each morning? :ROFLMAO:
- That morning sickness lasts only through the first trimester?

Charlene has certainly seemed more than a little off her game and if she is suffering from morning sickness she could be one of those unlucky women who end up hospitalised as did Catherine.

As to latter months, she could well be healthy and bouncing just like Maxima or, worst case senario, confined to bed for the last 4 - 6 months! We just don't know and that is the point. Any "expectation" you have of a pregnant woman is irrational. Every day is a new day and different.

I absolutely agree. I had to be confined to bed during my second pregnancy - and I was a healthy young (28) woman - but my body reacted in such a way that the bed rest was inevitable. It was worth it - my son was born healthy and not prematurely.
So Princess Charlene has to be very careful - better cancel some visit than risk anything, especially if she is having twins.

I'm thinking her dad was just teasing the press about the twins story.

Although the Palace has not denied, nor confirmed, the story?

Maybe they won't state anything further?

Would they even know this early?

Last edited:
What I find the most interesting at the news story of Mr Wittstock telling to the press about the pregnancy, is that he says that Charlene informed him about the pregnancy on the weekend of May 24, just a week before the official press release.

angiek-

It's simply a series of headlines speculating about the possibility that Charlene is carrying twins("Twins for Charlene and Albert"?) based on what her father said. It's pretty much a repeat of the conversation we have been having in these threads!

Many thanks. If true, and the cat is now out of the bag, it will be interesting to see what happens next week, officially, re twins?

Last edited:
There isn't much to say about a royal pregnancy that makes news other than the announcement of the impending birth itself. I seems as if tabloids and other press sources always say that Princess so-and-so is pregnant with twins. The supermarket tabloids in the USA now claim that The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with twin girls. The twins story may or may not be true but what else can the press say about Princess Charlene's pregnancy? Morning sickness, tired, maternity wardrobe, the name of the baby, none of this is unique so hence the twins headlines. And well yes, her father is quoted as saying that there will be twins.

Last edited:
Soooo....either her dad *did* say it and his reporter-friend betrayed his trust in publishing it, or he didn't say it in which case he will deny saying it *or* Monaco palace has issued a media-silence for all family-members with only the palace issuing news from now on...

And we still have at least 6 months of waiting for the actual birth to go :)

And Hereditary Princess, I had the same thought. Just as in Great Britain we are getting to see a new group of Royal Cousins grow up, we now have the same happening in Monaco. When you combine those two little Swedish Sweetheart Princess Cousins in the mix...We might have to put the site on a Level Five Cuteness Overload Alert over the next few years. :D ;) :D

Sigh...It sure will be fun to watch all these little ones grow over the next few years, huh!?!

It sure will. :flowers: How cute would it be to see Baby Monaco, Sasha and Raphael on the balcony at National Day in the not too distant future? As well as George and Princess Anne's grandchildren at Trooping the Colour in the BRF. Oh, and I think the site would explode since there would be too much cuteness to handle if all the royal children (and babies/toddlers) got together for a picnic! :D

If Charlene has morning sickness, it could make it hard for her to keep her dignity through official engagements. For some of us (me definitely included) "morning" was a joke-word. It was all-day sickness. It would be most undignified to be on a boat and have to rush to throw up. She could not eat the "banquet" mentioned without risking more of the same.
I had to be fed intravenously due to malnutrition. But did recover at 3 l/2 months and was not sick again except one time when I ate shellfish. Similar to Catherine's pregnancy, very bad at first, easy later.

I can't think of anything more triumphant for this couple. They had their magnificent wedding almost destroyed by lies and unseemly rumors and have faced mostly ridicule about their marriage and their relationship ever since.

He who laughs last, laughs loudest is all I can say.:cool:

Unless, of course, they divorce right after the child is born :lol:

It is exciting that Charlene is pregnant, whether it be with twins or not. However, I think we should wait until an official announcement comes regarding her having twins, if this is indeed the case.

Their child/children will be extremely well behaved
I'm anxious to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom