Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The princely couple willl do a state visit to Netherlands next tuesday. I ask myself now if charlene will be present.

Why wouldn't she? You are allowed to travel in a plane up until the 8th month. :ermm:

It would have to be a boy for a child to inherit, is that correct?

It would have to be a boy for a child to inherit, is that correct?

No, a boy would inherit first but if it's a girl and she never has a brother, she'll inherit.

Although if they do have a girl, I hope they institute equal primogeniture

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful news. Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

:flowers:

There can be no such thing as "equal primogeniture". Primogeniture is based on inequality - inequality between siblings. Absolute primogeniture removes just one aspect of it. Anyway, I don't think it's likely that they will have more than one child; both are getting past reproductive age and I doubt they had an easy time conceiving this baby.

But that brings a problem. Should they have only one child, she or he will probably be childless upon accession. In such a scenario, there would be no-one in the line of succession to the throne! Albert's sisters and their descendants would drop out of the line upon the accession of Albert's child. This is because only the monarch's descendants, siblings and siblings' descendants can be in the line of succession.

Albert and Charlene's childlessness would not cause a succession crisis (Caroline would inherit, with several children and grandchildren to follow). Their having only one child would.

But here I am, blabling about succession issues that might trouble what is now an embryo! :D

What sweet news! I went back over the last three months of Charlene's fashion thread, and in some of the pictures you could see a knowing glow, and in others, poor Charlene was verrrrry pale. Hope she'll have a better time of it from here on out.

Just saw the news. I'm so pleased for them both.

Kotroman, even if Albert and Charlene has one child, boy or girl , this child will be the their, after there will be Caroline, Andréa and his son.

They may have other children, Charlene is 36, she may have other children. Alexia of Greece had many children after this age. she was older than Charlene.

Many persons believed Charlene was pregnant in seeing this report in live made by a local reporter at 12 h 06, there is a photo of Charlene very tired putting her hand before her mouth as she had a nausea and under the photo, Princess Charlene isolats in a next room Albert goes to the buffet(cocktail), The reporter said some hours after Charlene had n unwell, I had this report but untill now, I do not try to post this report because I would be removed.

www.lamontagne.fr - A la Une - AURILLAC (15000) - Bain de foule de Charlène Wittsock et d'Albert II de Monaco dans le Cantal

the photo before she has her unwell

http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201405/phpqB4RSIimage.jpeg

Spain and Sweden announced it was a girl, before the birth, wonder if Charlene will choose to know beforehand?

No, a boy would inherit first but if it's a girl and she never has a brother, she'll inherit.

I hope regardless of the child's gender they institute equal primogeniture. Better to do it now, while she's pregnant and before the gender is known.

Kotroman, even if Albert and Charlene has one child, boy or girl , this child will be the their, after there will be Caroline, Andréa and his son.

They may have other children, Charlene is 36, she may have other children. Alexia of Greece had many children after this age. she was older than Charlene.

Caroline and her family are only in the succession while Albert is alive.

The succession is such that the descendants of the monarch, the siblings of the monarch, and the descendants of the siblings of the monarch are included in the line of succession.

If Albert and Charlene only have one child then when he/she becomes monarch there won't be anyone in the line of succession unless it's changed again. However, the current succession allows for this to happen and if this child were to die without children or siblings (knock on wood), then a regency would be established until a Crown Council selected a new monarch from the broader descendants of the House of Grimaldi.

Felicitations! I just heard the news. It seems there has been so much speculation and now it is all settled.

I wonder if Albert's other children will be allowed to have a relationship with their sister or brother or both (if it's twins!).

Sent from Queen Rena's Racket of Humiliation. Bow AND buckle.

I never said otherwise. If an only child were to succeed, however, there would be no-one in the line.

You'll find that some women had children in their fifties, and some in their sixties through IVF. It doesn't mean that this is recommended or possible for everyone. But Charlene's age aside, Albert's in his late fifties now. Anyway, they may have another child; I just think that's becoming increasingly unlikely.

So happy for them. I think they both must be so happy as well. Last week I saw pictures of them looking really happy and affectionate towards each other so maybe this news is why.

What wonderful news to wake up to! :) Congratulations to the princely couple. As always, Albert and Charlene do things their way, and in their own time. Here's to hoping their critics and the media would back off now and let them enjoy every moment of this wonderful experience. I'm over the moon for them. (Relieved also, because I just didn't see the Casiraghi line descending Monaco's throne.)

A royal baby!!how exciting.!!!!
congratlation to both Prince Albert and Princess Charlene.

Congratulations to Albert and Charlene. Another wonderful time of their lives is about to be shared.

This is wonderful news and I hope the child is healthy. I say this because Albert is 56 and Charlene is 36 and a child born to parents that old can have many problems both physical and mental. According to reports, she is about three months (or more) along and has probably had tests done already so, hopefully, they already know there are no problems.

Also, I hope a child will make Charlene look a bit more happy than she usually looks. She was the saddest bride I have ever seen and I have never really seen her looking happy. I sincerely hope this child brings her happiness.

Does anyone know if we might get the sex of the baby before the birth? I don't know how it works... But I get the feeling that no other information will be given, right?:)

Its not a state visit to the Netherlands,the Princely Couple are there to open the exhibition 'Grace Kelly, style icon and Princess of Monaco' at the Het Loo Royal Palace Museum in Apeldoorn.

I hope the baby is a girl. I don't really understand how the Monaco Royalty works, but hope that if their first child is female, she is next in line to the throne if she is meant to be. I place as great importance on female lineage as I do males (if that makes sense) !

This is wonderful news and I hope the child is healthy. I say this because Albert is 56 and Charlene is 36 and a child born to parents that old can have many problems both physical and mental. According to reports, she is about three months (or more) along and has probably had tests done already so, hopefully, they already know there are no problems.

Also, I hope a child will make Charlene look a bit more happy than she usually looks. She was the saddest bride I have ever seen and I have never really seen her looking happy. I sincerely hope this child brings her happiness.

Agree with all of the above. Charlene does appear to have a very sad demeanour - when she smiles even her eyes don't light up :sad: I personally have never really taken to Prince Albert - he seems to be too cocky to me. So I hope she has a lot of help and support from her own family and friends with this new baby.:neutral:

Congratulations!!! I need to be honest, I was anxious and afraid they would never have children. But finally it happened. I'm so pleased and delighted.
I hope for a safe delivery and healthy baby.:flowers:

Happy, happy, happy for the family. Nothing like having to endure a really bad movie about your Mom to send good things your way. My fingers and toes are crossed for great health for all.
That was not an unhappy face, you all, that was her nervous face. :ermm:

The chances of the baby being healthy are pretty high. Charlene's age does not yet put her in any risk ranges yet (not for fetal health and only just slightly for fertility issues).

Albert is older, but with conscientious care, it should be ok.

I should think that Charlene is superbly fit and healthy.
I had my first child when I was aged 37 (as my mother was when I was born) and had my second child 18 months later, just before my 39th birthday.
I don't see Charlene's age being an issue at all!

Delighted for them ! I had almost lost hope ! I am looking forward to the end of the year !!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :fireworks:

Alas, I'm so very happy for the entire House of Grimaldi (how proud his parents would be). :heart1:

And the little one will have lots of relatives around to keep him/her company (i.e. Andrea & Charlotte's respective baby sons). As well as grown up relatives as well (aka Aunties & Cousins). :sun:

Here's hoping for a carbon copy of Grace Kelly for her only son, Prince Albert. :flowers: At least we know the baby will have naturally blonde hair & blue eyes just like Grace. :)

A quick reminder of TRF rules, because it looks like this is going to be a long pregnancy. In particular, please note the following:

• Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

If you need to review the TRF rules, you will find them here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom