Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is tall but I wouldn't say a wide framed woman. You can't really pr edict how people will show, tall, long torso wide hipped will not show for a while. A tall slim hipped woman like Charlene could show quite early. We shall see

This site 'puretrend' writtes in his article that Charlene is pregnant of three months and half. I don 't believe it , I think rather that she is not at the end of the first trimester (around 12 weeks). I hope that the palace will do in the coming weeks a more clear announce than the last one, with the month of the birth and if there is twins or not.

Charlene de Monaco enceinte : une première apparition rayonnante !

I think too she is 3 months and half but it's just speculation! sadly, I don't believe the palace will give futher info

A pregnancy is 40 weeks long so if the baby is to be born before the end of the year then she would have passed 12 weeks by now.

A pregnancy is 40 weeks long so if the baby is to be born before the end of the year then she would have passed 12 weeks by now.

Not always 40 weeks long.

Not always 40 weeks long.

In reality no but the due date is worked out as being approx. 40 weeks after conception. A baby born after or before that time is classed as being late or early. So when the announcement said she is due before the year ends, if that is even 31/12/14, then she has to be at least 12 weeks by now. If the due date is before 31/12/14 then she would be even further along.

Last edited:
:previous:And we should not forget that the Royals usually announce a due date which is actually after the the calculated date. If since they announced "end of the year", the calculated due date is probably no later than mid-December or even November. For it the calculated date was 31/12/14, they would probably have announced it as early 2015.
That is why I think that she was at the end of her first trimester when they announced the pregnancy.

The palace could not hide the pregnancy of Charlene because she had already an unwell during the official visit in the Cantal, she could not be present to some events during the week of Grand Prix, she could not attend the official visit in Netherlands and she could not be present to a lot of events in Juni like the Mare Nostrum , ceremonies of giving medals or diploms and the swimming day at Dinard on june 22th. There would be a lot of critics and rumors. The palace did the announce earlier and said that the date of the birth was due to the end of the year. I think that Charlene will be soon at the end of her first trimester in these coming days. I think that the birth will be between Christmas and new year. In France we use to call this moment ' end of the year' and it is why Charlene seems to be yet tired on the photos, she has perhaps yet nausea.

. . . .. . I think that the birth will be between Christmas and new year. In France we use to call this moment ' end of the year' and it is why Charlene seems to be yet tired on the photos, she has perhaps yet nausea.
That is actually a pretty close and specific time range, much in line with any other royal birth prediction and allowing for the vagarities of birth itself.

I am convinced that there was no announcement until she reached a pivotal point in the pregnancy - I predict a November baby..or babies.

I think mid December, they announced at twelve weeks not fourteen weeks which would be the first trimester. Anyway we will all see when she pops, which is the key to the first baby, I predict mid. July

Not every woman pops out. Especially tall ones. I personally never fore maternity clothes at all. Just one size up the last 2 months.

Whatever date the child is born this year PC would have to be past the first 12 weeks by now. Many women find they feel much better in the second trimester and have more energy to do things. I hope that's the case for Charlene and that we see her out and about quite often from July onwards. It's also usually in the second trimester that a bump starts to become noticeable so I look forward to seeing that too. The main thing right now is that she has moved past the first 12 week 'danger zone' which I'm sure she is relieved about.

:previous: That's a great link, thanks Melina.

The dress is way too big for her! We can't see anything...her legs and face look great though.:)

I think she is more "woman" now, due to ther pregnancy (I don't know if you understand what I mean):flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she is more "woman" now, due to ther pregnancy (I don't know if you understand what I mean):flowers:

I see that. I was thinking the same thing - didn't know how to say it. Though it could have something to do with her being physically uncomfortable but putting on a brave face. The hair and make-up dramatically shift the impression - but the fullness to the face plus the very delicate way she seems to be handling herself - understandably so - also lends an aura. She has precious cargo. All goes to create a striking image, different. Even Albert is changed - it looks like he's lost some weight recently.

Last edited:
P.Charlene's "official" face seems by nature somewhat melancholic and occasionally even bored, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she is sad or bored :)
When we see her at swimming events or out with friends or on holiday, she seems more relaxed and visibly enjoying herself, so i don't think she's sad or unhappy with her life and that's most important..

People have been telling me to "cheer up" all my life when I have been feeling perfectly happy. I look fine when I smile but my face always looks a bit dour when I don't which I can't help. I think Queen Elizabeth is the same, a lovely warm smile but can look miserable when she's not full on beaming. I think PC is also just one of those people.

I agree and also if one looks carefully at her eyebrows they tend to be rather straight and also to tilt down instead of up at the ends. I think this tends to give her a sad appearance when she is really not sad. Not to mention all the naysayers who like to cast that persona on her for their own reasons.

Monaco prince is excited, anxious father-to-be | Mail Online

Why did her father say it was twins, when it is not?

Maybe that's what was initially suggested to them as a possibility and Charlene's father ran with it as a fact never thinking it would become news. Hard to say.

Anyway - as long as she is in good health and the pregnancy goes without event and the baby is born whole and happy.

Maybe we'll never find out, however i think it will be the last *breaking news* we heard from father Wittstock :lol: I think they will have told him to let the palace publicize something first, next time :flowers:

Absolument! ;)

Last edited:
The Prince did not confirm or deny that his wife is expecting twins. I think that, coming from the grandfather-to-be, it probably is true.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

So we'll have a heavily pregnant Charlene at the fete nationale, how nice :D
It's announced on the Princess Grace Awards site that Albert and Charlene will attend, I guess Char will skip it though!

Why skip?
Due date is around December 29th 2014
National Day is November 19th 2014.

The prince Albert said the birth is expected in december but did not say that the birth will be on december 29th.
The birth may be at the beginning of december, or in the middle of december or in the last week of december

The presence of Charlene at the National day or at the Princess Grace gala of the term of the birth, it depens of the health conditions of the princess. The princesses Marie of danemark or Kate Of Cambridge stopped their duties or presence in public a month before the birth.

I think so that we will not have other news about the pregnacy till the birth.

This interview gives us the month of the birth

Last edited by a moderator:
But both articles claim
that P. Albert said "the baby is due in December", not "the babies" right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom