Prince Albert, Princess Charlene & Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made some "discovery" about Albert.:innocent: I made close up of pics posted by queenofthelight and I saw some spots on lower part of Albert's face. He seems to have acne as a young man.

Ps.what's the nice moniker, queenofthelight.:)

ahhhh...the Prince and the Sea....sounds like a fairytale title....

Glistening Seas

:) ahhhh-h maybe you've hit something there--- the Prince and the Sea could be the title of maybe a book "if" he writes one???? hmmm!! Certainly did like the pic it's a definite wow pic. fishes are a beautiful backdrop he looks nice in them.

Thank you for these pictures, my previosu commment seems to be deleted. These are xtreme wow pictures. Is that Stephanie or Caroline with him?
x

It's Princess Stephanie you can see on that pic with Albert, I
guess the pic was taken in 1989 :)

Glistening Seas

:) while the pics when PA is younger look wun-derful!! The pic of PA at the Aquarium is a hands down winner imho!! it's beautiful!! the colors are exquisite and it's just fab. Did Grace have a relative whom started to lose hair early?? However, PA looks a lot like Rainer's father!!!.

Glistening Seas

:flowers:Omg how a-dor-able!! Where was this taken??? Ahh Sebastian always comes up with great photos!!! good job!!!:heartflower:

:flowers:Omg how a-dor-able!! Where was this taken??? Ahh Sebastian always comes up with great photos!!! good job!!!:heartflower:
The date can be seen below the pic ;) It was taken on November 20,
2005 at an event Albert and Steph attended together. November 20
is the international day of the children's rights, that was celebrated
in Monaco with lot's of cute children, to see more you can check out
the old current events thread :)

Glistening Seas

:flowers: oh-h-h-h poor cutie wanted to be with parents probably and couldn't go somewhere's with them!!! that's the first pic that shows PA not smiling!!! :hug::shamrock:

Glistening Seas

o-h-h-h-h much beeeter!!! this must have been when he was in the olympics, hee, perhaaps or maybeee really into hip hop?? tee hee!! cannot beli-e-eve they put that waterspots on his teeth!! :ROFLMAO:

Glistening Seas

:flowers: hee oooh thoose side burns!!! Pa's movie debut he looks like a relative of his whom had long sideburns like thaaat!! whaaat was his name???
:parrot: Anyhoo, he looks much better clean shaven but this pic isn't bad at all looove that hat!!! Did anyone see the movie??? Was it a comedy or was it a draaaama?? did PA consider it fun?? Btw, does PA have a rank in real military life what is that called--anyone know???:lol::easterbunny:

It was a drama, not exactly a true story but about real people and real events in the war between the US and Mexico. The hat is a common garrison/barracks cap of the period, I have similar one. I've never heard what Prince Albert thought about it, I didn't even realize he was in it until I was watching one time and did a double-take. I checked the credits at the end just to make sure I had not been seeing things. I thought it interesting that his character in the film had the surname of "Kelly" and wondered if that wasn't an homage to his mother's Irish heritage.

The movie, btw, is about the predominately Irish US soldiers who were abused for their Catholic faith and deserted the army to fight in defense of Mexico when the US invaded. The San Patricio (St Patrick) Battalion is still revered in Mexico to this day and they have a ceremony every year on St Pat's at their monument in Mexico City.

If Prince Albert has any actual military rank I would assume it would be as the nominal commander of the Prince's Carbineers (or whatever their exact proper name is) basically Monaco's palace guard. Rainier III served with the French in World War II and earned the Croix de Guerre, Bronze Star Medal and the Legion of Honor. Prince Louis II served in the Foreign Legion and became a general in the French army in World War I and before him Prince Albert I served in the Spanish and French navies so military service definitely runs in the family. So far though Albert II's only military record is the above service in the cinematic Mexican army lol.

I am pretty sure Albert did serve in the French Navy (for a very short time). I remember seeing pictures of him just out of college in a French uniform next to a ship.

I am pretty sure Albert did serve in the French Navy (for a very short time). I remember seeing pictures of him just out of college in a French uniform next to a ship.

"September 1981-April 1982: H.S.H. Prince Albert II completed a training course on board the French Navy's helicopter-carrier “Jeanne d'Arc”, with the rank of Ship-of-the-Line Ensign (2nd class). His Highness is currently a reserve corvette Captain. "

Biography: H.S.H. Prince Albert

http://www.geocities.com/crispmonaco/soldado_alberto.JPG
Prince Albert as Private James Kelly, Batallon de San Patricio in the 1998 film "One Man's Hero"
A link to the post with info on the movie I made back in September 2005 and a Trailer except Albert isn't in it. Its a movie worth watching once.

A link to the photo's I posted in 2005 and its probably the photo you saw.

Last edited:
Amherst College 1979-1981

These are the photo's I currently have of Albert at College.

1, 2, 3, 4 With friends in front of the Mead Art Building, 5 friends, 6 with Tony Peck who was also a student and son of Gregory Peck, 7, 8, graduation 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 Grace, Caroline and Rainier taking pictures of Albert like a proud family, 18 with family, 19 with Grace and Caroline, 20 with Caroline, 21, 22

To complete the Amherst layout is a link to the Sports thread with more photo's.

One of my all-time favorites:

albert2andrainier3.jpg

"Pleeease Dad, can I have the keys to the yacht???" :D

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

What a great finding, thanks so much for posting, salma!
The idea and elaboration is great, especially as to the
fact that something actually irregular happens (a child
forbids a reigning prince to speak) and as Prince Albert
doesn't spare himself by admitting that he and his fellow
campaigners (in place of all of us of course) may sometimes
talk too much instead of already doing something.
A great campaign!

Back
Top Bottom