Prince Albert Is the Father of Alexandre

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny

Commoner
City
nassau
Country
United States
Latest News on The Prince Albert situation

I have just read the latest article on the prince Albert situation by a Magazine called L'Express the headline states "Why Albert of Monaco chooses to tell the truth".

In the english translation to make a long story short this is what it is basically saying. Nicole and Albert had a relationship. Things were going nice at first as she and Albert spent a lot of time together in the open in France, they want out places in public together, but when they came to Monaco they had to be very discreet about their relationship. Nicole was in love with Albert and was hoping to be his wife. She forgot to take protection when they made love and got pregeant.Albert told her not to abort the baby, and little Alexandre was born.

Problems began in the relationship,because for sometime albert kept promising Nicole he would give the baby his name and acknowledge the child is his. He told her after the mourning period, than changed again and said maybe the end of the year. Nicole went to the media because she was frustrated with Alberts lies and promises, when in fact he never was planning to acknowlege the baby. Nicole was a very frustrated mother, who didnot want her child to grow a bastard so she exposed the story to the media as a way to get Albert to address the situation. Albert now after consulting with his lawyers has in private discussions has agreed to openly admit to the childs paternity that he is indeed the baby's father. We now have to wait and see who he will name his heir during his enthronment.

Now for my personal opinions on the matter. I admire Nicole to the fullest, for standing up for not only her rights, but the rights of that little baby. Albert to me is a fully grown man who chooses to avoid any form of responsibility whatsoever.

That baby didnot ask to be here, he fathered that child. And the fact that the mother had to go to such embrassing lengths for him to acknowlege what he did is a total disgrace!!!. I donot care if he is a prince or not, but hte fact that he is one,he should be more of an example to the public. I doubt he is going to marry Nicole,but if I was her even he asked I would say no!. She was good enough to have sex with, but not good enough to acknowlege, that this is indeed the mother of my child!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. There is no reason for name calling or to bash someone because they have a differing opinon than you. I understand that this is a pretty heated debate and we have many members who have differing opinions. I ask that we all respect everyone on this forum and refrain from making rude comments.

Thank You,
Gabriella

slap me please

wow, thats some deep stuff. slap me and call me sally, i'm so shock :eek:

Last edited:
Well if that is the situation then I think she did the right and courageous thing.

I remember reading about this in People magazine a while back. I never paid attention to that story I thought it was a rumor or whatever. I guess not.

So l'Express said Nicole forgot to use protection? And Albert? Did he never heard about condoms, or something?
I find a bit harsh those accusations about Albert beeing non committal or dishonest with Nicole.
He never quite hide her. She was with him at the royal balcony during an official event in Monaco. The discretion made sense due to his status as a prince. I think he just wanted to protect her. Nicole herself said he introduced her to his dad as his girlfriend. Rainier disliked her and Albert took his distances because of this (through the kid was conceived after the meeting...). Albert also took a paternity test (who was positive according to Nicole Coste) and paid (and still pay even after all she said) everything for Alexandre and Nicole: the apartment in Paris (not cheap), the food, the clothes, the lifestyle... (as far as I know, he does not have to pay for Nicole). In her interview, Nicole also said Albert recognized the kid legally. The reason why she's doing all that is because she wants public recognition. I find quite weird that she wants to throw her kid in public life. Look at how the grimaldis are always suing the press, I hope this poor kid won't have this kind of life...
Anyway, whatever Albert says on Thursday, that won't change anything regarding Monaco's succession since the kid is a love child, not legitimate.

No one should blame Albert solely; Nicole is by no means, innocent. Fault for the conception falls on both, but again, moreso Nicole. I don't think Albert ever promised to marry her with her having been married and 2 children already. That was a pipe dream. Did he love her? Only he can answer that; but he did, imho, show how much he cared for her because he never hid her. Just my opinion.

michelleq said:
No one should blame Albert solely; Nicole is by no means, innocent. Fault for the conception falls on both, but again, moreso Nicole.

I'm not really quite sure I understand the basis for this argument: How is Nicole more responsible for the absence of contraception than Albert is? Two consenting adults who don't want children are both responsible for protecting themselves or ensuring that the other person is properly protected. It is 50/50, not 60/40 or 70/30 or 80/20 or 90/10.

I think that theres a chance that Nicole's son is Alberts but i also kind of see it being a sceme just because ive never heard it talked about till Rainer died . Why didnt she make a big fuss than ?
I think as long as hes paying the bills and maybe visits the kid sometimes that that should be good enough .... And yes both adults should be protecting themselves but did she honestly think they were going to be married ?
I hope that doesnt come off rude or nasty but thats just what i think

When a woman is in love, she can believe anything.

Personally I won't believe anything until it comes from Albert himself. And as of now he hasn't made any claims to the paternity of Alexandre or any other child, so I don't believe anything that's been said.

LadyMacAlpine said:
When a woman learns the man she is having a sexual affair with learns he is involved with another woman and being seen with openly on a regular bases, tells that man she is on birth control pills to prevent pregnancy and he believes her but she forgets this one time to take her pill and should have taken it as soon as she realized it and then continued with the pills the fault lays on the woman not the man for failing to keep up her part to prevent a pregnancy. Also to try to trap the man

I certainly agree with Alexandria in this case. As you know, no form of birth control except abstinence is 100% effective, this information is written on just about all contraceptive devices. When Albert and Nicole decided to "do the deed" they should've considered that there was always a possibility that Nicole could get pregnant.

ALbert has done the deed with dozens of women, most of whom have not gotten pregnant. WHy would he have considered anything?

LadyMacAlpine said:
I disagree Nicole stated she forgot her pill after learning what she did? Besides Albert hasn't even said Alexandre is his. This could be argued for hours and I don't feel like it. <Removed personal comments>.

Being a female, I have always felt it a woman's responsibility for taking charge when it comes to precautions, since it is her body that runs the risk of becoming pregnant. I think it is plain naive for women to depend on a man for birth control. Just in general (nothing against Prince Albert), women should not depend on men to be responsible for birth control. Maybe in a perfect world, Yes, men should be responsible, but in the end it is us ladies that end up holding the bag...for nine months. This is just my opinion.

<Removed personal comments>

Last edited by a moderator:
When a man has pretty much terminated a relationship with a woman and knows the woman still wants him, he should know that she could possibly use pregnancy (intentional or unintentional) to maintain contact with him. Sleeping with her while trying to end the relationship is not using good judgement, but sleeping with her while he's trying to end the relationship and HIM not using protection is just plain "not too bright". ESPECIALLY if you are extremely wealthy/famous, etc.

dreed777 said:
When a man has pretty much terminated a relationship with a woman and knows the woman still wants him, he should know that she could possibly use pregnancy (intentional or unintentional) to maintain contact with him. Sleeping with her while trying to end the relationship is not using good judgement, but sleeping with her while he's trying to end the relationship and HIM not using protection is just plain "not too bright". ESPECIALLY if you are extremely wealthy/famous, etc.

This is true. I agree with your statement, dreed777.

Reina said:
ALbert has done the deed with dozens of women, most of whom have not gotten pregnant. WHy would he have considered anything?

If that's how Albert is thinking then he is naive and not too bright as someone else has put it. To think like that is to think of all those naive highschool myths: You can't get pregant the first time or you can't get pregant if you do it during your time of the month.

Just because Albert had intimate with dozens of other women (and this doesn't speak too highly of him either) and didn't use the proper protection and they didn't get pregnant doesn't mean that it could never happen. That it did happen with Nicole does not mean that she set him up necessarily -- it just means that he was lucky all those dozens of other times.

Or maybe he wasn't always so lucky (like the Jazmin thing - we don't really know about that - he refused to take the paternity test). Supposedly he's been with lots of women for many years (after all he's 47 years old) so I would think the odds would eventually catch up with him - NO birth control is 100% effective except abstinence! It would really be surprising if he had NOT accidently fathered a few children over the years (unless he was sterile of course). ;)

so heres a question- are there any other nicoles out there? being with a lot of women and having only one person come forward claiming albert to be the father(i'm talking about alex because i dont know about anything claims) is very surprising. if all of this is true i really missjudge nicole and thought to highly of albert. again if all of this is truegod dont like ugly and everythings comes to light,he should have behave better. after all, like it or not he is a role model and head of a country and to carry on in such a manner is degrading.

mw7060a said:
Here is an article stating that Prince Albert plans to recognize Alexandre after the mourning period is over:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1521232,00.html

Thanx Mw7060a for link. Today was also article in our daily newspapers reffering to possibility that Albert will recognize Alexandre a day after mourning period is over. It also says if that happens it doesn't mean that Alexandre will be first after Albert as heir to throne and not being threat for Princess Caroline, her children, Princess Stephanie, etc. due to some changes in law in 2002, and fact that Alexandre is born out of wedlock.

The article from Guardian also stated that ALbert asked the mother (I am sorry I forgot her name) to not say anythign about the child while PRanier was alive and as we all know she respected his wishes.

I think whether or not Alexandre is Albert's son is a moot point. The point of contention now is, other than Albert's continuing financial support for Alexandre and emotional support for the child, what else does Nicole want to happen? By her own admission, Albert has been taking responsibility for the financial aspect of Alexandre's upbrining and tries to see him as often as possible. Plus, Nicole and Alexandre have been living in Albert's apartment. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but what else does she want? I don't think that after the official acknowledgement that it would be the end of the story from Nicole. Call me cynical, but I'm highly suspect to any woman who claims that they had an affair and/or has a child with a famous person.

I feel terrible for Alexandre, the only truly innocent party in this. He didn't ask to be conceived and he didn't ask to be dragged into the spotlight like he was simply because of the circumstances of his birth. I just hope that he grows up as normal as possible with as many opportunities as everyone else is entitled to.

I still think highly of Albert whether or not Alexandre is his son. By all I've read, he's been a responsible father. Plus, he could have had a PR group massacre Nicole and her claims yet he hasn't done that. He's been taking care of his responsibilities to his son. I don't believe that he has any other obligations to the mother of his son other than keeping a civil relationship for Alexandre's sake. Maybe it's just me, but I believe there's a back story to all this other than what is being said.

Last edited:
does that mean that if Albert recongnize Alexandre as his son...then this Alexandre will one day be the ruler of Monaco??? i'm confused~!

bigheadshirmp said:
does that mean that if Albert recongnize Alexandre as his son...then this Alexandre will one day be the ruler of Monaco??? i'm confused~!

If Albert were to marry Alexandre's mother and make him legitimate, then yes. But as it stands, no. Alexandre, even if recognized by Albert, would still be illegitimate and therefore not able to inherit the throne. Succession still goes to Caroline and her children unless Albert has legitimatechildren.

Well I htink by LAbert publicly acknowledging the child, Alexandre has an increased chance of being treated as his son and equal to any other children ALbert may have. If this info. was not disclosed, then I don't think Alexandrea would be treated equally especially if Albert ever marries. Also ALexandre has a stake in his dad's fortune, which is only fair for this child.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I think whether or not Alexandre is Albert's son is a moot point. The point of contention now is, other than Albert's continuing financial support for Alexandre and emotional support for the child, what else does Nicole want to happen? By her own admission, Albert has been taking responsibility for the financial aspect of Alexandre's upbrining and tries to see him as often as possible. Plus, Nicole and Alexandre have been living in Albert's apartment. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but what else does she want? I don't think that after the official acknowledgement that it would be the end of the story from Nicole. Call me cynical, but I'm highly suspect to any woman who claims that they had an affair and/or has a child with a famous person.

I feel terrible for Alexandre, the only truly innocent party in this. He didn't ask to be conceived and he didn't ask to be dragged into the spotlight like he was simply because of the circumstances of his birth. I just hope that he grows up as normal as possible with as many opportunities as everyone else is entitled to.
Totally agree with you. Except I don't think Nicole is greedy but clearly she has pride (for herself and her kid). She might think as a mother she has to do what she is doing, but clearly, she making her son's life more complicated and he will have the public eye on him all his life if Albert recognise him. I would not wish that to my own kid...

Alisa said:
I certainly agree with Alexandria in this case. As you know, no form of birth control except abstinence is 100% effective, this information is written on just about all contraceptive devices. When Albert and Nicole decided to "do the deed" they should've considered that there was always a possibility that Nicole could get pregnant.
Exacly. He underestimated how determined she would be, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom