Prince Albert Is the Father of Alexandre

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reina said:
The article from Guardian also stated that ALbert asked the mother (I am sorry I forgot her name) to not say anythign about the child while PRanier was alive and as we all know she respected his wishes.

In her interview, she clearly states that even though Albert had told her that a child would be 'impossible', she sent a birth announcement over to Ranier when the boy was born because she 'just wanted him to know he had a grandson', but Ranier never got it because the lawyers picked it up first.

She also plainly states that Albert never told her to remain quiet, she says he never asked her to hide, either.

Last edited:
Reina said:
Well I htink by LAbert publicly acknowledging the child, Alexandre has an increased chance of being treated as his son and equal to any other children ALbert may have. If this info. was not disclosed, then I don't think Alexandrea would be treated equally especially if Albert ever marries. Also ALexandre has a stake in his dad's fortune, which is only fair for this child.

With the exception of inheritance issues, I doubt he'd be treated equally or close to equal to any legitimate children Albert has, if any. Looking at past precedence in the other royal families, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands and King ALbert of Belgium's illegitimate children were never treated anywhere near that of their legitimate children and they were acknowledged. They were quietly tucked away from public view. Acknowledgement makes zero difference in treatment even if they inherit something when their parent dies.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
With the exception of inheritance issues, I doubt he'd be treated equally or close to equal to any legitimate children Albert has, if any. Looking at past precedence in the other royal families, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands and King ALbert of Belgium's illegitimate children were never treated anywhere near that of their legitimate children and they were acknowledged. They were quietly tucked away from public view. Acknowledgement makes zero difference in treatment even if they inherit something when their parent dies.

Maybe so, but those guys In the Netherlands or in Belgium did not have someone as determined as Nicole Coste seems to be pounding on their heads about everything either.

If an acknowledgement is made by Albert, I believe she will then start up with something else -- like how it is in the child's best interest to accompany Albert on official functions and how he must never be quietly 'tucked away'. She has already stated she believe that the entire world need to know that the boy was Albert's son.

She may now even start in on how it would be bad for the boy's development not to get a title. She's not working, so she has nothing better to do than think about what else she can get and start working on managing it through. Only time will tell...

I wish her well, but I believe she trying to be a 'family' with Albert whether he wants it or not. Surprising, I never knew someone to litigate their way into becoming royalty:eek: .

Last edited:
Lillia said:
But not to forget, this is a woman that is an immigrant from a poor country, she is used to having to keep wait and her eye on the 'details' and be persistent to move things along where she wants them to be using every arguement she can think of and every thing she can get her hands on, resourceful like a 'street fighter' mentality. This is how to get done what you want little bit, by little bit, by little bit, one step, by one step, by one step at a time, no matter how long it takes or whatever the consequenses or no matter the difficulty...

Not everybody in Africa is poor. Nicole comes from a wealthy Togolese family. Her dad was a successful businessman. Beside, she's not really an immigrant. She came to France with her first husband who was French.

As for Monaco succession, it's very clear that Albert always intended to let some money to Alexandre since he already pays for everything. But it's also very clearly that Alexandre will NEVER be in line for the succession. That's not even a question, the law is very clear, and even Nicole says she is totally aware of that fact and she does not try to take on Monaco's "throne".

Idriel said:
Not everybody in Africa is poor. Nicole comes from a wealthy Togolese family. Her dad was a successful businessman. Beside, she's not really an immigrant. She came to France with her first husband who was French.

As for Monaco succession, it's very clear that Albert always intended to let some money to Alexandre since he already pays for everything. But it's also very clearly that Alexandre will NEVER be in line for the succession. That's not even a question, the law is very clear, and even Nicole says she is totally aware of that fact and she does not try to take on Monaco's "throne".

You are correct, I did not mean to come across as steroetyping. Everyone in Africa is not poor. But as I said, Togo is a poor country and it is currently a military dicatatorship.

And how do you know she comes from such a 'wealthy' family? She herself said that she was living in a cramped 3 room appartment before moving into Albert's appartment. And she even declared that when she got pregnant she worried that she had a need of money and worried how she would even pay for her 2 older sons education, muchless handle the expenses for a 3rd child on her own. That is not to say she just wanted money, but she did say that she felt she had a need for a bigger home and more finances there.

And is it the case that wealth in one country may equates wealth in another country -- for instance, would someone who is 'wealthy' in Togo possess the same level of material 'wealth' in say, Switzerland or in France or in United States?

She and her first husband are immigrants to France -- being an immigrant does not mean that someone is coming there with their clothes in a sack.

And as far as the law, the woman build a circumstantial case on Albert piece by piece even while the law is that when a child is born outside of marriage, the mother is not legally entitled to the birth certficate. So, in some cases law can say what it wants, if someone is very determined, they can get around all that somehow.:p

Last edited:
Lillia said:
But how do you know she comes from such a 'wealthy' family? And is it the case that wealth in one country may equates wealth in another country -- for instance, would someone who is 'wealthy' in Togo possess the same level of material 'wealth' in say, Switzerland or in France or in United States
I know it because she gave a second interview where she talked about her family and gave her real name (so the information is verifiable). If you can read French, I'll PM it to you.
The considerations about whether a rich man in Togo is rich in France is pointless here. What I meant is she was wealthy in Togo where she lived till adulthood. So she never lacked anything, she does not have a street mentality.
And she and her first husband are immigrants to France -- being an immigrant does not mean that someone is coming there with their clothes in a sack.
Of course, you're right! I have this cliché about immigrants beeing poor... when it's obviously not always the case:p . But I'll just say that her 1rst hubby was a Frenchman from France, so only her was an immigrant.

Idriel said:
I know it because she gave a second interview where she talked about her family and gave her real name (so the information is verifiable). If you can read French, I'll PM it to you.
The considerations about whether a rich man in Togo is rich in France is pointless here. What I meant is she was wealthy in Togo where she lived till adulthood. So she never lacked anything, she does not have a street mentality.
Of course, you're right! I have this cliché about immigrants beeing poor... when it's obviously not always the case:p . But I'll just say that her 1rst hubby was a Frenchman from France, so only her was an immigrant.

The 'street fighter' mentality that I refer to is an attitude of single-minded determination and willingness not abide by conventions to obtain something, it is not a comment about how someone generally carries themselves. If you look closely, I did not say she has a 'street mentality'. But I do certainly consider some of her comments in Paris Match about herself and her intimacies with Albert rather 'earthy', 'rough-ended' and very much indiscreet.

It remains my opinion that she is pushy and aggressive, persistent, watchful for opportunity and very very determined. Apparently, this to her credit if she is able to accomplish what she wants regardless how daunting.

Get what she wants or not, none of it makes a difference to me, and none of that will elevate her as a personlity in my eyes at all. :p

While I do not believe all I read in the media, I also read an interview that said her first husband was an immigrant as well, and probably not so good with her. I do not know if that is correct.

So, yes Idriel, please send it over. Thanks:)

Last edited:
It's a very interesting conversation we're having there lillia :) !
I do not think Nicole is up to any opportunities. She had hundreds of opportunities to make interviews, TV shows, etc. and earn lots of money through them but she only talked to Paris Match and AFP (about her family, see the article below, sorry it's long so I won't translate). Beside, she pretend she did not sold her story to PM but just contact them to go public (obviously, this as the rest of her story is to be proved).
What I think is she is determined to have her son publicly recognized and is using the media to force Albert to do so. I don't see her as a gold digger or a fame obsessed woman.

Nicole Coste, une divorcée, issue de la bourgeoisie togolaise

[size=-1][size=-2]agrandir la photo[/size]NICE (AFP) - Nicole Coste qui assure avoir un fils du prince Albert de Monaco, est une ancienne hôtesse de l'air divorcée, issue de la bourgeoisie catholique togolaise et naturalisée française.

"Mon père, aujourd'hui à la retraite, avait une usine de conditionnement de fruits de mer et exportait ces produits vers les Halles à Paris", a raconté par téléphone à l'AFP la jeune femme, aujourd'hui âgée de 33 ans.

Née Tossoukpé le 6 décembre 1971 à Lomé, Nicole a grandi dans une famille aisée de la bourgeoisie togolaise où elle dit avoir reçu "une éducation catholique très droite".

Benjamine d'une famille de cinq enfants, elle arrive en France à l'âge de 18 ans pour passer son bac à Sceaux (Hauts-de-Seine). Elle étudie un an à l'université, en sciences économiques, puis deux ans dans une école d'architecture à Paris, tout en travaillant "comme mannequin freelance", indique-t-elle.

A 22 ans, elle se marie avec un chercheur français de 15 ans son aîné, dont elle a deux fils, aujourd'hui âgés de 11 ans et demi et 9 ans.

Ayant acquis la nationalité française, elle commence à travailler à Air France en 1996, "pour être indépendante financièrement". C'est lors d'un vol Paris-Nice qu'elle rencontre le prince Albert il y a huit ans, le 13 juillet 1997. Elle divorce en 1998.

"Les cinq premières années, je venais environ une fois par mois à Monaco", a raconté Nicole Coste à Paris Match en mai. Elle ajoute qu'après une rencontre officielle avec le prince Rainier, "la relation s'est dégradée".

"Je voyais plus Albert à Monaco qu'à Paris. Nous ne nous sommes jamais cachés, mais après la rencontre avec le père d'Albert, nous nous sommes faits plus discrets", se rappelle-t-elle.

Alors que les liens entre Albert et l'hôtesse de l'air se distendent, elle tombe enceinte en décembre 2002. Elle a "oublié sa pilule" lors d'un trajet vers New York, dit-elle à l'AFP.

Alexandre, né le 24 août 2003 à l'hôpital Saint-Vincent-de-Paul à Paris, est déclaré à la mairie sous le nom d'Eric Alexandre Stéphane Tossoukpé. Il devient rapidement Alexandre Coste, sa mère ayant elle-même changé de nom pour s'appeler Nicole Coste par un décret du 10 novembre 2004, au terme d'une démarche devant l'administration française, ont indiqué ses avocats.

La jeune femme étant en congé parental, Albert subvient à ses besoins et à ceux d'Alexandre, selon la même source.

Elle vit actuellement dans un appartement à Villefranche-sur-Mer (Alpes-Maritimes), entre Nice et Monaco, où elle fait rénover une maison de pays située sur les hauteurs de la ville. La maison appartient à une SCI dont 50% des parts sont au nom d'Alexandre.

Nicole se défend d'être une profiteuse: "Je sais qu'Albert estime ma franchise et ma simplicité. Je ne suis pas une chercheuse d'or", a-t-elle déclaré à Paris Match, ajoutant: "Personne ne lui en voudra d'avoir eu une belle histoire d'amour et un bel enfant".

"J'ai toujours dit à Albert qu'Alexandre ne vivrait pas caché", souligne-t-elle.

La mère de Nicole Coste est morte il y a quelques années. Ses trois soeurs et son frère vivent aujourd'hui au Canada, en France et en Allemagne.[/size]

wow -- some article that is

for me, it remains to be seen about the fame obsessed part. If she has wanted to be so much Albert's wife supposed, fame is part of the package. And if the boy is Albert's and Albert makes him some inheritance, she will be taken care of -- according to the another link, she's already getting $10M per month and moving into a much nicer, much bigger home in a city where she wants to live near Monaco to be near Albert. Good for her, then.

I do believe she is opportunistic -- by that, I mean if the circumstances is present, if the chance is available - she will move forward to her advantage and may not be thinking of the long term consequenses of the action. Along the lines of 'just do it, then deal with whatever comes up at it happens'. Some people are like this. But again, it is just my own opinion. Who knows???

How is she stating there that they were never hiding, but with Paris Match and a few other interviews, she said she was hiding and acting like the mistress of his friend.

She first said he broke up with her, then he stopped calling her and was avoiding her. Now in that notice, she is saying after meeting the father that they simply were just becoming more discreet. I think there's alot more to her story than she let on...:p

Last edited:
Lillia said:
How is she stating there that they were never hiding, but with Paris Match and a few other interviews, she said she was hiding and acting like the mistress of his friend.
She first said he broke up with her, then he stopped calling her and was avoiding her. Now in that notice, she is saying after meeting the father that they simply were just more discreet. I think there's alot more to this story than she let on...:p
What few other interviews? As far as I know there has only been PM and AFP.
And there is more about this whole thing indeed! PM has been condemned by French justice to pay 50 000 € to Albert. They are VERY angry about it and the redactor in chief said that they treated the whole affair with taste and respect and let some details out but since Albert took it this way they will publish everything. He said, I quote: 'Our readers will be served'.
Ambiance...

Idriel said:
What few other interviews? As far as I know there has only been PM and AFP.
And there is more about this whole thing indeed! PM has been condemned by French justice to pay 50 000 € to Albert. They are VERY angry about it and the redactor in chief said that they treated the whole affair with taste and respect and let some details out but since Albert took it this way they will publish everything. He said, I quote: 'Our readers will be served'.
Ambiance...

She did an interview with le Point also (they claim she spoke to them the same way that the above article does) and Bunte and I believe and Italien journal (not certain about the italian press, but I think so).

And yes, I know that PM was sued and lost. If I read your comment correctly, she may have been more 'earthy' with some of her comments than what they printed. Time will tell if they print all that though...:)

Question
Nicole said she has a series number of paternity of Alex. What is the number? If she remembers the number, why P. Alber's attorney (Theirry LaCoste) said the paternity is NOT available.

Lillia said:
But not to forget, this is a woman that is an immigrant from a poor country, she is used to having to keep wait and her eye on the 'details' and be persistent to move things along where she wants them to be using every arguement she can think of and every thing she can get her hands on, resourceful like a 'street fighter' mentality. This is how to get done what you want little bit, by little bit, by little bit, one step, by one step, by one step at a time, no matter how long it takes or whatever the consequenses or no matter the difficulty...

I find this statement -- particularly the "immigrant" comment quite distasteful and discriminatory. What does Nicole being an "immigrant" have to do anything? At some point in all of our family histories there are immigrants. The rest of this paragraph implies that because Nicole was an immigrant she is naturally manipulative and cunning -- which is not true not to mention a gross overstatement and stereotype.

Whether Nicole "trapped" Albert and got herself pregnant on purpose is to me, a moot point. As an adult man having intimate relations, Albert was just as responsible for Nicole not getting pregnant as Nicole was for (possibly) tryinig to get herself pregnant on purpose. If she purposely lied to him, then that's the chance he took in having relations with her. As Alisa mentioned in a previous post, the only sure bet of not having a child is abstinance. And as Albert engaged in relations with Nicole, then he has a responsibility to Alexandre.

Alexandria said:
I find this statement -- particularly the "immigrant" comment quite distasteful and discriminatory. What does Nicole being an "immigrant" have to do anything? At some point in all of our family histories there are immigrants. The rest of this paragraph implies that because Nicole was an immigrant she is naturally manipulative and cunning -- which is not true not to mention a gross overstatement and stereotype.
I had exactly the same feeling when I first read this post and that's the reason why I wrote about Nicole beeing from a wealthy family, not a needy social climber or whatever. But in her answer, lillia said she was basing her comment about Nicole being manipulative on her behavior with the press not her status as an immigrant.
I give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she just badly expressed herself...

I am sure that many of the crown princes of today and yester year had lovers. But Prince Albert unlike the other princes has flandered for so long before marrying. I think Albert's luck has finally ran out. Over the past ten years, Albert has had several women come forward with allegations that he fathered their child. However, how many women have come forward that Prince Juan Felipe, Prince Charles, Prince Frederick, Prince Joachim, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, and etc fathered children out of wedlock. Sadly, it has only been Albert plagued with the allegations, but why Albert? I don't think it is the media or because Albert's taste in women varies. I think Albert has been played like a child in a candy factory for too long when it comes to women. He needs to become more responsible in his personal life and settle down in his new role.

Also I want to say, I believe because Alex mother is African this situation has taken the course in which it has. There have been other women out there that were not negroid in ethnicity that have brought such allegations against him, most recently a white woman from the United States. So, I think that just because this black woman can prove once and for all that Albert has fathered a child out of wedlock that people will make a greater stink over this because of the mother's race.

I agree wholeheartedly. Personally I think if the baby were caucasian then ppl would be calling for Albert to legitimize him and to be his heir.

Akilah said:
I am sure that many of the crown princes of today and yester year had lovers. But Prince Albert unlike the other princes has flandered for so long before marrying. I think Albert's luck has finally ran out. Over the past ten years, Albert has had several women come forward with allegations that he fathered their child. However, how many women have come forward that Prince Juan Felipe, Prince Charles, Prince Frederick, Prince Joachim, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, and etc fathered children out of wedlock. Sadly, it has only been Albert plagued with the allegations, but why Albert? I don't think it is the media or because Albert's taste in women varies. I think Albert has been played like a child in a candy factory for too long when it comes to women. He needs to become more responsible in his personal life and settle down in his new role.

Also I want to say, I believe because Alex mother is African this situation has taken the course in which it has. There have been other women out there that were not negroid in ethnicity that have brought such allegations against him, most recently a white woman from the United States. So, I think that just because this black woman can prove once and for all that Albert has fathered a child out of wedlock that people will make a greater stink over this because of the mother's race.

Akilah said:
I won't deny that Nicole beeing an African maybe increased public interest. But IMO the real reason why this story has taken such proportions is because of the "quality" of her file: she produced pictures of her with Albert and of Albert with her son. She has a detailed story of which many facts are verifiable. None of the others women had such hard "evidences".
Also, Albert actually decided to sue the papers who published her story, thing he did not do with the others women, which ironically add some credibility to Nicole's confession.

Reina said:
I agree wholeheartedly. Personally I think if the baby were caucasian then ppl would be calling for Albert to legitimize him and to be his heir.
But in this case, why there haven't been calls to legitimate Jasminz (or whatever her name) or the other so-called love children who were white?
I think there's more about that affair than race.
Beside, Albert was once linked to Naomi Campbell and they were all this frenzy about them getting married, just like when he was linked to other white models.

Yeah but the other kids' case did not strongly suggest that they were his kids.

according to the another link, she's already getting $10M per month
is that m as in million? if its really million that seems rather costly for living cost. does anyone know if prince albert paying her expenses?

Last edited:
semisquare said:
is that m as in million? if its really million that seems rather costly for living cost. does anyone know if prince albert paying her expenses?

Maybe 10M francs, that may be more palatable. I believe Nicole lives in one of Albert's residences.

I believe that her race is also a moot point, a non-issue. Even if she were Caucasian or European in descent, Alexandre would still be an illegitimate child and therefore have no claim on the throne. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what she does after Albert's official statement (should he say Alexandre is his son).

I find it in poor taste the way she has tried to insinuate herself even after the relationship has ended. I just don't think that her reason for going public is solely for Alexandre's benefit. Plus, it was tactless to announce this bombshell after a death in the family! That indicates an absolute absence of respect for the family and to Albert. She couldn't wait three months? A death isn't just a minor event in a family's life and it was extremely insensitive of her.

Last edited:
thanks for clearing that up for me.
this is my opinion-about her trying to force her way into his life what better way than to get his attention than to make such an announcement at such a tragic time. some people who desire attention cannot distinguish bad attention from good attention. they just want attention. whatever the case for her to announce to world about alex right after albert's father death shows bad taste.

dreed777 said:
When a man has pretty much terminated a relationship with a woman and knows the woman still wants him, he should know that she could possibly use pregnancy (intentional or unintentional) to maintain contact with him. Sleeping with her while trying to end the relationship is not using good judgement, but sleeping with her while he's trying to end the relationship and HIM not using protection is just plain "not too bright". ESPECIALLY if you are extremely wealthy/famous, etc.

So true. We'll just have to wait until Thrusday to hear the official news about all this.

believe that her race is also a moot point, a non-issue. Even if she were Caucasian or European in descent, Alexandre would still be an illegitimate child and therefore have no claim on the throne. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what she does after Albert's official statement (should he say Alexandre is his son).

I find it in poor taste the way she has tried to insinuate herself even after the relationship has ended. I just don't think that her reason for going public is solely for Alexandre's benefit. Plus, it was tactless to announce this bombshell after a death in the family! That indicates an absolute absence of respect for the family and to Albert. She couldn't wait three months? A death isn't just a minor event in a family's life and it was extremely insensitive of her.

Exactly!

In the end, I hope the child is okay, loved, and taken care of. However, I doubt the child will ever become the heir to the throne; for reasons we all know why.

Last edited:
semisquare said:
is that m as in million? if its really million that seems rather costly for living cost. does anyone know if prince Albert paying her expenses?
Nicole stated that Albert pays for everything regarding her lifestyle and Alexandre's. She does not work but live in several luxury residences (some belonging to Albert) and 'do not need money' (I quote her). The 10 million figure is fantasist (whether it's euros, dollars or francs).

the lastest on prince albert

I must say, it really is a sad situation. I do pray it works out for all the parties involved.

It is obvious from the latest statements made on the on the matter, albert was very intimated by his father. Otherwise, i can only guess Alexandre acknowlegement would have been made public a long time ago.

Now that Rainier is gone, I do hope Albert will now stop making excuses why he cannot publicly acknowledge this child. The best to all of them.

Prince Albert Is The Father Of Alexandre

Prince Albert has acknowledged that he is the father of Alexandre Coste, has been announced by Thierry Lacoste

really? well i wonder whats going to happen now, will he marry the mother so make Alexandre legitimate, not sure. Well this is certainly news!

I thought they were going to announce it tommorrow?
so it is offical??

wow, i've always stated and i will always keep stating that many of you on here are prejudicist at the very least and racist at the very most. I truly wish many of you would sit down for a moment, really think about the things you say, and try to be honest with yourselves for a second.

when this story broke, many of you were up in arms and quick to judge nicole as a hussy, a golddigger, a prostitute, some even said she was an "unstable" woman. All these without even knowing much of anything about what REALLY went down between Albert and Nicole. It's already assumed that pretty much albert used her for sex and she is using him for money, right? Albert is a person and it is possible that he had feelings for this woman as well, which would make her having feelings for him justified. Hello.............................it's a freaking relationship! how would many of you feel if you had a two way loving relationship with a man where its going real well, u meet his father, and all of a sudden the man decides you're not suitable enough and starts to stay away? what if you become pregnant for this man u love and even though he most likely still cares for you (or he wouldn't have put her up) and he tells you, my father who doesn't think you're worthy would not like this news so keep it to yourself until he passes away.................how would many of you feel, really? as a woman? It's a hard situation because even though you might want to do what's right as the baby mama of a prince, you still want to be treated as u should be as a woman.

I also mentioned before that not only is Nicole Coste black, but she's African. And an African woman does WHATEVER IT TAKES to make sure her child gets ALL the dignity he/she deserves in life. We don't take things like that very lightly. I can tell you that if Nicole had a child with some high chief/king guy in some village in Togo she would still act the same way. It's not about money but about your child knowing who exactly he is. We have this saying in West Africa and wherever I go my mother still echoes it to me till this very day, roughly translated it's: "Remember whom you came from and whose daughter you are". I'm sorry but we don't do the hiding of the child stuff very well.

Now lastly about the person who says it's not a racial issue because people were ready to accept Naomi Campbell. I have one story for you. A white friend of mine asked his prejudist mother (she really was prejudist although probably more from ignorance than real racism) anyway, he asked her what would she feel if she were to bring home a black fiancee and she said and i quote "well, if she's like whitney houston (circa early 90s of course!) i guess it'd be ok" naomi campbell is a star in her own right, not only that but she's a freaking supermodel, so of course it's ok, but she's not your regular black chick, nicole is.

I also agree with the person that said if nicole was a pretty suburban white chick many people would be calling for legitimization of both mother and son, in fact Rainier would have problem accepted her and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Nicole's problem is that 1, she's black, 2, she's not very pretty (in my opinion). That's quite simply what all the confusion is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom