Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 33: January 2020 - January 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if we'd see a visit to the Emperor :previous:

Prince Albert is the winner of this year's Jane Alexander Global Wildlife Ambassador Award it was announced today. He will be honoured on September 25 at the Indianapolis Prize Gala in Indianapolis.

** prnewswire: His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco Receives 2021 Indianapolis Prize..**

"Prince Albert II is an inspirational leader at the forefront of protecting the health of earth's lands and waters, the variety of its plants and animals, and the development of renewable energies," said Jane Alexander.

"I am extremely honored to be receiving such an important award, a truly significant one in the field of animal conservation. Please allow me to take this award as an additional encouragement to pursue my action and to stick to my convictions. It will help me keep on my commitments and my contributions to the preservation of the oceans, the conservation of coral reefs and marine protected areas, and strive to protect endangered marine species," Prince Albert is quoted saying.

Prince Albert is back from the Olympic Games in Tokyo and was in Calvi, France, today, August 4, to visit EKKOPOL and to learn about the first results of the Clean Sea project.

** Pic **

Yesterday, August 6, Prince Albert watched the French L1 soccer match between AS Monaco and FC Nantes in Monaco (it ended 1:1):

** legion-media gallery **

And he attended Monaco's Neighbours' Day at the Jardins d'Apolline:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:
"and along with his children, Princess Gabriella and Crown Prince Jacques, were welcomed to Trinity College Dublin by Provost @LindaDoyle. The visit is to mark a major benefaction Prince Albert has made to the conservation of Trinity’s Old Library"

The Prince donated €1m to Trinity College and was really lovely to see the twins in Ireland a country his late mother adored.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...monaco-visits-tcd-after-donating-1m-1.4664424

It’s nice to see how Albert makes the most of this forced quality time with his children.

It’s nice to see how Albert makes the most of this forced quality time with his children.

For some reason i don't get the impression that P.Albert sees it as "forced" family time..:flowers:

Based on the statements of Charlene, Albert and the Palace it is forced quality time for Albert and the twins.

Based on the statements of Charlene, Albert and the Palace it is forced quality time for Albert and the twins.

If you mean Albert has to spend time with them like an ordinary family because their mother is away and ill... no, he doesn't. I'm fairly sure J&G have a nanny or someone paid to look after them (someone who probably still comes on most of these outings, in fact). It might be good PR for Albert to keep his children with him so much, but he also appears to enjoy spending time with them and taking them everywhere. So there's really nothing "forced".

Besides, don't they have to go back to school?

:previous:

School in Monaco starts tomorrow, Monday, September 6.

A nice gallery of the day in Dublin has been shared by the Palace:

** fb gallery **

Last edited:
For some reason i don't get the impression that P.Albert sees it as "forced" family time..:flowers:

Neither do I. He seems to genuinely delight in his children and takes pride in them.

Jacques and Gabriella look completely at ease with their father which is reassuring under the circumstances, but there is simply no way that Albert is not being assisted by nannies.

prince Albert II current events

All the royal families have a nanny to look after their children

Neither do I. He seems to genuinely delight in his children and takes pride in them.

Jacques and Gabriella look completely at ease with their father which is reassuring under the circumstances, but there is simply no way that Albert is not being assisted by nannies.

Oh definitely not, there have always been nannies, and apart from the obvious "if you can afford it, why not" ? when P.Albert is at events like these he is working, so the people at the event expect him to engage with them, be interested in their activities, and as the twins are too young to take care of themselves all the time, it's good they have the familiar faces of their nannies around.
Btw this is why i really like P.Albert taking his kids on some of his appearances (esp. the ones that would interest them as well), because apart from experiencing new things, they also 'learn' the role that the royal has in them; that although it seems all eyes are on the royal, actually the event is about the people involved in it.

(it's what i also appreciate the Swedish RF doing in taking Estelle (and Oscar) to royal appearances :heart:l

Prince Albert participated in the IUCN World Conservation Congress in Marseille, France, today, September 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous: I agree 100%. Whatever else you can criticize Albert II for, he is no slacker and has never been one.

He works tirelessly for Monaco.

Prince Albert presided over the launch of the Highly Protected Mediterranean Initiative at the IUCN World Conservation Congress in Marseille, France, today, September 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:

Total agree with you he does, really lovely to see him and his children

together.

Was the annual end if Summer picnic cancelled this year? I thought they might have still held it as it's an outdoor event.

I haven't heard anything on the Picnic so I assume it was cancelled for this year.

Yesterday Prince Albert virtually participated in the Washington Post Live interview „Protecting Our Planet: Ocean Conservation and Sustainability with H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco“. Here are some scenes:

** Video ** Video ** Video **

Today, September 10, he met with French Minister of the Sea Annick Girardin:

** gallery **

Last edited:
Oh definitely not, there have always been nannies, and apart from the obvious "if you can afford it, why not" ? when P.Albert is at events like these he is working, so the people at the event expect him to engage with them, be interested in their activities, and as the twins are too young to take care of themselves all the time, it's good they have the familiar faces of their nannies around.
Btw this is why i really like P.Albert taking his kids on some of his appearances (esp. the ones that would interest them as well), because apart from experiencing new things, they also 'learn' the role that the royal has in them; that although it seems all eyes are on the royal, actually the event is about the people involved in it.

(it's what i also appreciate the Swedish RF doing in taking Estelle (and Oscar) to royal appearances :heart:l

I remember when the twins were born having the expectation that Albert would be a very old school father; loving, but not especially present in their day to day lives. This was obviously an unfair judgment, given the way we’ve seen him interact with them. He’s very at ease with them, as they are with him. Of course Albert and Charlene will have plenty of help, but the twins are clearly familiar and comfortable with their father when they’re together in public, which to me indicates that he also spends a significant amount of time with them in private.

Albert may have been more frazzled than usual this summer - unexpectedly becoming a temporary single parent is stressful, no matter how much support is in place. But he and Charlene have been taking the children to engagements since well before she got sick. It seems like something both parents enjoy and consider important and I think it’s great Albert kept this up through the spring and summer.

I agree that Albert and Charlene seem to have taken a page out of Victoria and Daniel’s book when it comes to preparing their children for their future roles. I think this early exposure is a good thing for almost any child. Jacques and Estelle, for example, seem like very different kids, but I expect they’ll both benefit from these early experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom