Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for the Current Events of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are in Durban, South Africa right now.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert of Monaco in Durban, South Africa, Tuesday July 5, 2011
before the opening ceremony for the 123rd International Olympic Committee (IOC) session that
will decide the host city for the 2018 Olympics Winter Games.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** reuters/gettyimages/AP/daylife gallery ** isopix gallery **

Last edited:
The Olympics meeting was between Annecy (France), Munich (Germany) and Pyeongchang (South Korea).

The latter won.

Earlier, in the Plenary meeting, PA was asking questions to Jacques Rogge.....

Coconut radio says they're coming this way...

Doesn´t she have any advisors yet? Or they don´t have common sense either??
It is a meeting with the Presdent! You cannot dress as if you were going to the beach!!:bang:

He is a President whom no one thinks much of!

Too true. However, she -- or rather, her dress sense -- is not going to be judged on his inadequacies and shortcomings. I sincerely hope that she puts some thought into what she wears for official appointments, or at least seek some professional advice.

:previous: I for one see nothing wrong with what the Princess of Monaco wore when meeting with the President of South Africa. The white crochet evening gown was a perfectly respectable choice.

Last edited:
Respectable, yes. But she keeps accentuating those lethal shoulders at every opportunity.

LOL !!! That's below the belt.... if you pardon the pun....

Well, both of them have brought it on themselves. Wives and mistresses can be very expensive and time-consuming. But even PA probably would not find the time to indulge his penchant - compared to the South African gentleman....

lol Duke of Marmalade :ROFLMAO:
I like her outfit a lot. This material is one of my favourites and it's really summery.

Last edited:
Her shoulders will always be considered a prominent feature in any evening gown she wears. It's unavoidable unless she consistently covers them which may or may not bring them more attention.

And why should she cover them? She's clearly comfortable and confident in herself which is great. Though in saying that I don't seem to notice them so much anymore, and think she's forming an appropriate style for her shape.

There's nothing much she can do about them in any case, and to a degree she can 'accommodate' them but realistically, it's best people get accustomed to her swimmers build and learn to accept her shape for what it is.

For those that care, that is..

Last edited:
as a clothing designer, I can heartily assure you, there are many ways not to draw attention to her shoulders- which are a "prominent feature". For starters, of all the possible necklines she could choose, none is worse than accentuating her shoulders than ( unfortunately ) the style that she wore here. She may be comfortable in it indeed( many of her swimsuits I am sure have the exact same neckline!)- but- I have to agree- this neckline is one she should avoid at all costs.
However, I have to say, the dress in of itself, is quite nice and appropriate for the location and all. Crochet may be "casual" to some- but this is a lovely lined dress- and I can heartily assure you cost quite the pretty penny. Short of that neckline- I think it's a lovely selection!

:previous: As a Fashion Editor, my comment remains as is ;) Though we appear to agree fundamerntally.

Last edited:
With regard to Princess Charlene's shoulders, I've been wondering what the fuss was about because it's not something I noticed before. Suddenly, now I see what people are talking about and yes indeed she has amazing shoulders that suit her statuesque figure.
Clearly she has no problem with them herself and one can only imagine she has no intention of trying to hide them or cover them up or wear clothes that disguise their emincence and beauty.

Couldn't agree with you more, Jack. She's tall and has a gorgeous body -- she can certainly carry off such strong, broad shoulders. A real, modern-day 'Amazon'...

Cute story in a local SA paper today: Local is lekker for

[Note: The word lekker can be loosely translated as 'fun', 'nice', 'enjoyable'...]

Can't WAIT to see the pictures of this evening's event!

It will be nice when the IOC meeting is finished and Albert & Charlene can get away for their honeymoon. If you remember they had to change their wedding day because it would conflict with the IOC meeting. They chose to go earlier instead of later so that Charlene could attend. I wish them love and happiness.

wow Princess Charlene looks wonderful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wrong! They are happy. I didn't think they looked happy on their wedding day, but now I realize it probably had more to do with the heat, the pressure, and the whole world watching.

I wish Prince Albert and Princess Charlene all the best (I did on Saturday too, but wanted to state it again).

She doesn´t look like a bride who wanted to escape, does she? I bet she is not worried about how many children there could be out there. She´s got what she wanted.

Btw, this is a weird honeymoon. I would have gone to a desert island, with my husband, only the two of us.

Btw, this is a weird honeymoon. I would have gone to a desert island, with my husband, only the two of us.

This isn't the honeymoon. That will take place later after the IOC meetings. This is per an interview that was reported on this forum last month. The location (and details) of the honeymoon are a secret from Charlene and the world at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom