Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what? It literally amazes me when I read posts that refer to a "business arrangement" to do with money, heirs etc. This is real flesh and blood people here. I myself have two children who adore me and their father and I can assure you that if my husband had been a billionaire and we had married for commercial reasons it wouldn't have worked once children came along as life isn't like that. If PA and PC have children they will adore both their parents so if there really is no feeling between these two then having children will be a disaster and it won't matter how much money is involved. It actually makes me sick to hear this kind of talk. Plus, as I think I may have said in another post, it really dosn't make any sense for PA to have waited till the age of 53 to marry if all he wanted was an heir as he could have married years ago for that.

Last edited:
Good point angela.

If there is a divorce after an heir and a spare are produced, those children will remain in Monaco with their father, separated from Charlene. And the result will be an emotionally wrenching childhood experience for them...similar to what Rainier and Antoinette suffered when their parents own arranged marriage fell apart.

I am not convinced it will end up this way for Albert and Charlene...no matter what happens I hope they find spiritual strength in their new marriage to work it out..

This reminds me of Charles and Diana after the divorce.

But in this situation, hopefully PA and the Crown Council would be more amenable ?

I have to say this is really very sad. Talking about what she will get in the event of a divorce based on the latest news that hasn't been found to even be true and married only a few days. Doomed before they have had a chance to enjoy their honeymoon. Then comparing her to Charles and Diana. As I said before she knew what she was getting into. It's my wish this marriage is a happy one with love.

Also for those who have it in there heads she doesn't know French she is bi-lingual and French is her third language and Charlene understands it much better than she speaks it. Grace had the same problem and its my understanding she wasn't fluent in French after 25 years. Grace spoke English talking to the children and Rainier spoke French. It is also documented that the children wanted Grace to improve her French.

Otherwise there wouldnt have been a wedding.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. It's not fact, just an opinion.

but being the Princess and the next Prince's mother

Or Princess ;)

Last edited:
What a nasty thing to wish ill to some persons you do not even know personally! Why should Albert die in his 50's. Just because his mother did?
Or talking about divorce only few days after this couple got married.
You calamity howlers!

The person who mentioned Albert's age...and Princess Grace's death... made me wonder if that was perhaps a motivating factor for him to finally settle down. Realizing that when his Mom was his age, she already had three wonderful children, etc. My guess is that Charlene was just the right woman, who was also willing to take on the burden of becoming a Princess in this day and age (24 hour media coverage, etc.)

I wish them luck.

The white crocheted dress she wore in South Africa is simply stunning!

The white dress she wore in SA is appropiate for a party in the beach, not to meet the President of SA and wife...
And that of her being bilingual...she hardly speaks english, and she supposedly speaks afrikaans? have any of you heard her speak afrikaans? it may be just another thing to put on her curriculum, nothing else.
And what if this relationship is a business deal instead a love match? not everyone that gets married do it for love...

That is one of the most insensitive commentaries I have ever read. Being infertile is a strong suffering for a couple and in vitro is everything but an enjoyment: it is a heavy, painful and often humiliating procedure. Moreover, it is not a baby slot machine and it has a high rate of failure.

Insensitive comments? Can you explain why is insensitive? It's a reality, many people have fertility issues and take a chance with in vitro. Where's the insensitiveness here?

Insensitive comments? Can you explain why is insensitive? It's a reality, many people have fertility issues and take a chance with in vitro. Where's the insensitiveness here?

If I may, I think what Sancia means is that your comment about "...they always have in vitro" is an dismissive comment about the rigors of such a procedure. What Sancia says about in vitro is absolutely true and I think they are knowledgeable enough about the procedure to find your comment flippant.

If I may, I think what Sancia means is that your comment about "...they always have in vitro" is an dismissive comment about the rigors of such a procedure. What Sancia says about in vitro is absolutely true and I think they are knowledgeable enough about the procedure to find your comment flippant.
Please. They got married to have children, didn't they? isn't that what all people say here? What if she can't get pregnant naturally? what will she do, have a surrogate mother?
In vitro can be used by this woman. And, if she ever has kids, and it results they are twins, i know people here will think that is a God gift, when actually it would be anything less that. It would be the result of in vitro or any other medical procedure.

Don't get the in vitro sensitivity, but whatever; I wasn't there for it. I don't see how if Charlene is taking part in an arranged marriage, that it makes her a bad person. Arranged marriages are far older than this idea of marrying for love.

Please. They got married to have children, didn't they? isn't that what all people say here? What if she can't get pregnant naturally? what will she do, have a surrogate mother?
In vitro can be used by this woman. And, if she ever has kids, and it results they are twins, i know people here will think that is a God gift, when actually it would be anything less that. It would be the result of in vitro or any other medical procedure.

You misunderstand. I'm not suggesting she reject any available medical procedure if that's what she wants. And talking about your dismissive comment about in vitro in no way suggests they move on to a surrogate.

In vitro is tough and can be painful emotionally. That's a fact.

Were Mary's twins a result of anything less than a natural act? You seem very sure of yourself.

You misunderstand. I'm not suggesting she reject any available medical procedure if that's what she wants. And talking about your dismissive comment about in vitro in no way suggests they move on to a surrogate.

In vitro is tough and can be painful emotionally. That's a fact.

Were Mary's twins a result of anything less than a natural act? You seem very sure of yourself.
I don't know nothing about Mary's life. I don't follow the Denmark's royal. So who knows if her twins are or not natural. Maybe they are, maybe they are not.
So, ok, they will have natural children. And they'll be gorgeous, like her blonde blue eyed olimpic mother. Is that ok? Even if it's ironic?

EDITED:
Anyway, let's agree in disagree. I might don't like the woman, but i do wish that her children, if she has any, will be healthy.

Last edited:
Don't get the in vitro sensitivity, but whatever; I wasn't there for it. I don't see how if Charlene is taking part in an arranged marriage, that it makes her a bad person. Arranged marriages are far older than this idea of marrying for love.

No one is saying she is a bad person. At least the ones who don´t know her cannot say so. For me an arranged marriage is just pitiful, degrading and unworthy. It could have been a solution when women depended on men for a living. It´s not anymore so.

If she had gained some respect over the years, if she had showed she had some ambitions other than material ones, if she had not depended on others´money, my opinion would probably be different. But what else can you highlight, the ones who find her "beautiful"?

I dont see why an arranged marriage must be a bad thing - based on honesty, it can be a win-win situation for BOTH partners.
Rainier & Grace more or less had an arranged marriage - I am not saying it was a rose garden (what also applies to non-arranged marriages) but with time it became a win-win situation for both.
I dont know if Albert & Charlene have an arrangement but Albert is certainly no stranger to the topic.

I don't want to debate about morals or ethic, but about "life for women who use assisted reproductive technologies". One of my best friends went through it, and I know other women who had IVF. Another friend is actually in a IVF process and she feels very, very stressed. The whole process is painful, stressful, long, very invading for privacy, is often felt like humiliating. That can be used, yes, but there is a reason why there are psychologists in ART centers. My friend would rather adopt than going through ART once more, it was too painful. And the success rate is less than 50 per cent.
And the reason I used the word "insensitive" is that ART means infertility, and infertility is an affliction, for the woman, for the couple, for everybody. I know the subject, I am concerned. I would stop my friendship with the first person which would say me "if you can't have children, you can have ART or IVF". Every infertile woman would do the same.

Last edited:
Arranged marriages are, for many people and societies, a normal part of life, and something which is regarded as "normal", rather than being an affront.

It all depends on the degree of freedom which each of the parties are willing to give to the other person.

Here in GB there is a lot of discussion about forced marriage, and legislation is being prepared to make sure everyone is willing to enter such a pact.

Neither PR-PG nor PA-PC had arranged marriages. Neither Grace nor Charlene's marriages were set up by their parents. They were not forced. It was their own decision.

With "arranged marriage" I was referring to people deciding to get married in order to serve a purpose and not for love, at least love not being the main reason.

This was certainly the case with Rainier & Grace (Rainier needed an heir and a Princess who could draw attention & money to Monaco, Grace wanted a family and a "status" husband who would please her father in particular) and could possibly the case with Albert & Charlene.

With "arranged marriage" I was referring to people deciding to get married in order to serve a purpose and not for love, at least love not being the main reason.

This was certainly the case with Rainier & Grace (Rainier needed an heir and a Princess who could draw attention & money to Monaco, Grace wanted a family and a "status" husband who would please her father in particular) and could possibly the case with Albert & Charlene.

Your definition of "arranged marriage" applies to many, many marriages, it's just not referred to in that way. Many high society marriages are based on that kind of relationship.

Rainier and Grace had a marriage arranger : Father Tucker.

I dont see why an arranged marriage must be a bad thing - based on honesty, it can be a win-win situation for BOTH partners.
Rainier & Grace more or less had an arranged marriage - I am not saying it was a rose garden (what also applies to non-arranged marriages) but with time it became a win-win situation for both.
I dont know if Albert & Charlene have an arrangement but Albert is certainly no stranger to the topic.

Because it leands to misery and unhappiness. A better way of spending life (I don´t mean the whole life because I´m not naive and know that many relationships come to an end) is to marry for love. As a rather pretty young woman she could have looked for someone who cares for her, loves her, and if possible is not so much into casual relationships. She prefered a man who doubles her age, who has most probably cheated on her, humiliated, and who is looking desperately for a heir. If that is not greed and ambition ( the bad one, not the ambition that makes you fight for economical independence and a sucessful career). what is it then?

But here's the deal...if that is okay for Charlene why does it bother you so much? And why is she getting all the scorn. Why do 50 year old men with money always want young girls as wives/girl friends....what kind of ambition is that? Couldn't they find someone around their same age group (unless of course they were looking to kids) that they might have something more in common with? Whose to say that their marriage will end up in misery and unhappiness? How do you know that?

And whose to say that Charlene is being humiliated? Again, all I see are allegations. No proof has been provided as of yet to say that she was cheated on.

I've said it before and I will say it again: Charlene and Albert are two capable adults who both know the score. They know want type of relationship they want and it appears that they have it.

Its funny how some people are still debating the same issues years after this relationship has begun. If it doesn't work after a year, 5 years, 10 years or 25 years...they will pop up with "See I told you it would never work." Nothing is promised. We have seen plenty royal marriages (Joachim/Alexandra and Sarah/Andrew to name a few) plus I am sure that people have seen a lot normal relationships (thru people they know) that started with a lot more going on that we give these two credit for and where are they now: NOT TOGETHER.

Let's just see what happens.

Arranged marriages do not always lead to misery...just as marriages made for love do not always lead to happy ever after.

All you have to do is look at the current divorce rate in the West to see how true that is.

It would not work for me personally(an arranged marriage) but I do not think those marriages are in any way inferior to people who supposedly marry for love...only to see their great "love" flame out in infidelity, boredom, and occasionally even violence.

Because it leands to misery and unhappiness. A better way of spending life (I don´t mean the whole life because I´m not naive and know that many relationships come to an end) is to marry for love. As a rather pretty young woman she could have looked for someone who cares for her, loves her, and if possible is not so much into casual relationships. She prefered a man who doubles her age, who has most probably cheated on her, humiliated, and who is looking desperately for a heir. If that is not greed and ambition ( the bad one, not the ambition that makes you fight for economical independence and a sucessful career). what is it then?

You are a romantic. :flowers: It works 'for love' depending upon who the two people are and where they come from. Over the years I have come to realize that a successful marriage is more about shared values, goals, culture (small 'c') and education.

I have seen marriages begin with great love (real love and caring) as well as great lust and passion. They foundered when it came to raising the children that came along. When suddenly the woman or man realizes that those 'cute' little habits that were so endearing in the heated glow of young love actually translate into lethal disagreements on how to raise children, how to train children, how to educate children, along with how to keep house, how to be genially cohabiting roommates for a lifetime.

Now in my dotage ;) I have seen the value in the idea of an 'arranged' marriage - where parents really analyze the values and attitudes of the prospective spouses. Clearly there are lots of problems with this system but so are there problems with the 'love system'.

However, it occurs to me that we engage in a sort of self-arranged dating and marriage with on-line dating. Consider the personality profiles and the list of desired characteristics, etc.

And so, when one boils it all down, its a bit of all of it. Yes, the person must be physically attractive to one, their energy must stimulate and engage. Women will always look to see if the man can support the 'nest' she will build for the children. The man will always look to see if the woman answers his criteria for 'nesting' his children - and so it goes. In a way, marriage is always an arrangement - except where it is two people dragged into the Love Chapel in Las Vegas by booze and lust and a winning streak.

Its an interesting study - marriage - and how children are managed. Different societies have handled it in vastly different ways. In the Middle Ages the daughter of a King would be betrothed to another very young and then sent to that court to be raised - we can clearly see that the attempt was being made to make sure the new bride when the time came would be thoroughly enculturated to her in-laws 'ways' when she finally married and bore children. (I realize that the rationale for doing this had many other reasons as well). Marriage is a deal no matter how you look at it - always has been. The idea that just love drives it is a risky one. The idea that material considerations don't enter in - beauty and youth for the man in regards the woman (hence ensuring healthy offspring), and wealth and standing for the woman in regards the man (hence ensuring material well-being and social standing/safety for herself and her offspring while she nurtures them) - is perhaps naive. Maybe.

I would say they are two healthy people - attractive to each other - so there is lust and passion - that's a beginning. They are also older and both of them have been around the block a few times - they would be able to fill out their computer dating profile with precision. I think they came up with a match.

Last edited:
In the discussion on fertility, we must remember that medical procedures or surrogate mothers would not be accepted in the Catholic Church. It is against doctrine.

In the discussion on fertility, we must remember that medical procedures or surrogate mothers would not be accepted in the Catholic Church. It is against doctrine.

I disagree. Some medical procedures have been approved by Catholic Church, such as Naprotechnology.
But it is rather premature to speak about a supposed infertility of the couple. Although I am very doubtful about a lot of things related to prince Albert and Charlene, I really hope they will never have the pain to be infertile.

Back
Top Bottom