Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone tell me when CW was in Opera House of Monte Carlo with Albert?;)

They attended together? Where does she live and how does she get around to these things? Usually with the Prince? What does she like most? Opera? Rock Concerts?

I doubt if anyone knows what she gets up to on a day to day basis. On the occasion of the Opera premiere, she was there with Albert and Caroline. According to BUNTE, she was surprised that she had, until now, not been into opera, but liked this one..

I'm going to follow my own path, says Albert on pressure to marry

Article about how Albert is going to follow his own path, and that a future Princess Of Monaco would undoubtedly be compared to Grace.
x

I am getting tired of hearing that same excuse-"It will be hard for a wife of mine to follow Princess Grace"- Yes, your mother was iconic! let it go and move on build your dynasty!

In royal social circles, has Charlene been compromised? She has been with him a very long time. Dose she live in Monaco? What is her livelihood? I want to like her but she is coming across as a kept woman. Since he was younger Albert kept a low profile with his girlfriends mainly because his sisters was so high profile and they just left him alone. He has bought Charlene to the fore front. She is at his side on official engagements-
Whats the delay?:nonono:

I am getting tired of hearing that same excuse-"It will be hard for a wife of mine to follow Princess Grace"- Yes, your mother was iconic! let it go and move on build your dynasty!

In royal social circles, has Charlene been compromised? She has been with him a very long time. Dose she live in Monaco? What is her livelihood? I want to like her but she is coming across as a kept woman. Since he was younger Albert kept a low profile with his girlfriends mainly because his sisters was so high profile and they just left him alone. He has bought Charlene to the fore front. She is at his side on official engagements-
Whats the delay?:nonono:

Frankly if he were in love with her he wouldn't have compromised her, which he has done. She is a kept woman at this point. The delay is that he has no intentions of marrying her, and thank goodness for that as she has come across as exactly as she appears. No self-respecting woman would put herself in this position without an announcement. If she had moved to Paris and gone to school, or had a real job, then people wouldn't resent her so much. When you see two negative articles about him, his subjects are not happy. As for the dynasty, Caroline's kids are next in line so there is a succession in place. It's not necessary for him to have legit. kids. Maybe he just doesn't want the responsibility of a marriage? who really knows? Keep in mind that Rainier had Gisele Pascal for six years and it was Father Tucker who had to tell her the whole stinking truth. She thanked him for being the only one to tell her -- and she had a career and had not given it up so she went on with her life. Charlene needs to wake up and smell the coffee. JMO

if you look down on the other side of the hello magazine you will see people vote for Albert and Charlene as the 3rd person from people that read hello magazine wants to see walk down the aisle right next to William and Kate.
i guess if these people read the new interview they could quit hoping and move on:ermm:

Frankly if he were in love with her he wouldn't have compromised her, which he has done. She is a kept woman at this point. The delay is that he has no intentions of marrying her, and thank goodness for that as she has come across as exactly as she appears. No self-respecting woman would put herself in this position without an announcement. If she had moved to Paris and gone to school, or had a real job, then people wouldn't resent her so much. When you see two negative articles about him, his subjects are not happy. As for the dynasty, Caroline's kids are next in line so there is a succession in place. It's not necessary for him to have legit. kids. Maybe he just doesn't want the responsibility of a marriage? who really knows? Keep in mind that Rainier had Gisele Pascal for six years and it was Father Tucker who had to tell her the whole stinking truth. She thanked him for being the only one to tell her -- and she had a career and had not given it up so she went on with her life. Charlene needs to wake up and smell the coffee. JMO
maybe this is what Charlene wants to be a kept woman because Albert is not holding on a cage she have the right to walk away but she is still there after three years of no show so she is not a Victim or powerless to anything she have the power to move on and get something else but yet she choose again and again to stay and follow albert around the world and care less about self respect or self- steem and i agree with all of what you said but after three years of nothing any woman would have walk away but charlene stay maybe she is enjoying a care free life to have it all without not walking hard for it but only to please the person that is giving it all to you like they say life is full of many choice but this seems to be charlene own. jmo:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with all of you. At this point you have to be dumb if you do not understand that Prince Albert is not going to get married to Charlene. I doubt that he is planning to get married at all. Albert will have her at his side as long as she is available for him to use her. This guy is never going to get married. If she had any self respect she would leave.

maybe this is what Charlene wants to be a kept woman because Albert is not holding on a cage she have the right to walk away but she is still there after three years of no show so she is not a Victim or powerless to anything she have the power to move on and get something else but yet she choose again and again to stay and follow albert around the world and care less about self respect or self- steem and i agree with all of what you said but after three years of nothing any woman would have walk away but charlene stay maybe she is enjoying a care free life to have it all without not walking hard for it but only to please the person that is giving it all to you like they say life is full of many choice but this seems to be charlene own.
i have to laugh-does she have anything else to do or any jobs waiting for her or does she run her own business? anotherwords this could be the best way for her to pay her bills -jmho

I just hope that they are not waiting until everybody stops whining about their engagement/marriage, because then they'll never get married...

We could speculate till the cows come home, and still get nowhere.

The two obviously enjoy each other's company, and each gets something positive from the relationship.

It's not compulsory to be married.

Why try and fix it if it's not broken?

We could speculate till the cows come home, and still get nowhere.

The two obviously enjoy each other's company, and each gets something positive from the relationship.

It's not compulsory to be married.

Why try and fix it if it's not broken?

Well if he was an ordinary Joe then I might agree with you, but he is not. He is one of the last herediary European royals who actually rules his country. He is setting a bad example for his subjects. How long should it take a 51 year old man to know he is in love with a woman or not? Either he is using his legendary Mother as an excuse, or he wants his cake and eat it too. Charlene is more than willing to be a kept woman that is one thing we don't need to speculate about. She confirmed in her latest interview that she is, and proud of it.

I think Albert is living the moment. I know he's not a teenager or a person in his middle twenties but for me is like he has everything solved. He has no problem with the succesion thing because he has Caroline and her kids. BUT maybe he hasn't thought that Andrea or Pierre or whoever don't want such a responsability in the future. I don't know...he should have married and had legit kids. But he doesn't want to. I think Charlene must know this. It is possible they are happy the way they are, he has his girlfriend and companion, and she has the comfort and luxury and I want to believe that they both love each other and are not together for convenience.

I don't think it is an ideal situation but I also don't feel sorry for either of them. Both of them are adults, Charlene had to know Albert's history (the world knows it) and if they are together they must be happy with the way things are. If not, they would part ways. I would like to see Albert marry and have children, and as evasive as he is, he has still not ruled it out, but I think Monaco will be in good hands if Caroline survives her brother. I may needlessly worry about Andrea but he still has alot of time to prepare. All of that is still fairly far in the future yet.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

I agree with Bones. There are so many Ifs and Buts...

If Grace had survived....
If Rainier had abdicated and let Albert have a shot at being Sovereign Prince....
If Caroline, as the eldest, had not been discriminated against because of her gender....
If Albert had found a partner similar to his mother....

The status quo is that Albert has found himself a Companion, i.e. a woman whose job it is to accompany him to cultural and sporting events, but never to state occasions.
She gets financial remuneration for her services, and the two seem to rub along together well, and share some interests, e.g. sport, environment...

At state occasions he can fall back on his sisters, nieces, aunts - no shortage there.

Maybe...and I'm saying maybe...he wants to preserve his mother's iconic memory in Monaco by never replacing her? Just another theory i've read in another forum.

Maybe...and I'm saying maybe...he wants to preserve his mother's iconic memory in Monaco by never replacing her? Just another theory i've read in another forum.

You're kidding, huh? That's the best one I've heard so far.

If by some strange reason, Albert has a problem with his ego, the years and years of speculation and discussion should take care of it. And frankly, I don't see how he could have at this point--he has, I imagine just about everything he wants--he knows his prowess, his ability to procreate, love, play, rule whatever.

Now lets wish him a long life and a continued conscientiousness of his duties to monarchy and his personal life stuff.

An Heir has lots of things to do and learn but the most important thing is to marry and carry on the succession. I really believe Albert's problem is that nobody reinforced that for him. His sisters were too busy with their lives. I'm not sure if Prince Rainier tried to do that, but I think if Princess Grace had lived longer she would have done it. Even now if she was alive I think she would have told Albert to marry or split. Yes the line is guaranteed through Caroline and her kids, but I think Rainier and Grace would have been a little disappointed Albert hadn't done that. It was/is his main responsibility and he hasn't managed it so far. I don't think anyone would mind him saying he wants to wait if he was in his 20's or 30's but the guy is 51 now.

Glistening Seas

:) Monaco has no shortage of heir's. That's not to say that if PA did meet someone other than CW that he wouldn't settle down. This is the 21st century!! :innocent:

But until a few years ago, heirs were thin on the ground ! It took Rainier to have the Constitution changed to widen the field of pretenders to the throne. He must have realised that dynastic considerations were not high on his son's agenda.

But until a few years ago, heirs were thin on the ground ! It took Rainier to have the Constitution changed to widen the field of pretenders to the throne. He must have realised that dynastic considerations were not high on his son's agenda.

pretenders to the throne? I would say equal rights personally. Britain allows male and females to the throne as to many others. I see nothing wrong with what Ranier did.

pretenders to the throne? I would say equal rights personally. Britain allows male and females to the throne as to many others. I see nothing wrong with what Ranier did.

Britain only allowes a female if there isn't another male. And most countries have equal primogeniture, norway, belgium, spain, monaco, netherlands but Denmark nor Britain doesn't. To be quite honest I do hope Albert one day has a son or a daughter to provide an heir.

x

I know how we got to this discussion of heirs and the rights of men and women, and why many feel that its Albert duty to marry provide a LEGITIMATE heir and those who believe that because of Caroline and her children some of the pressure is off ......but let's not get totally off topic.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether the age factor has been discussed before on this thread.

IF Albert were to marry now and father a child at, say, 53 years of age, the child would grow up with an ageing father. Were Albert to die before such a child reaches majority, a regent would have to be appointed. Where would all that leave the sisters and the Casiraghis?

I know Albert looks younger than his 51 years, but an age gap of twenty years, although not unusual, is not very easy to bridge.

In my own family there was an age gap of 28 years, and the female was made to feel like a daughter rather than a wife.

I can't image that Albert has not reflected many times over these possibilities or probabilities - after all, the world's media are constantly reminding him at every opportunity!

Its hard to guess or speculate what is in his mind re having a legal child. He has said he plans to several times, but ye gads. He will certainly be an aged father, it would be like he's the grandfather when the kid gets to be a teenager or early teener.

I recall Agnell of Fiat having lots of fun skiiing with his grandsons, but they would go home when the fun is over.Age brings on other priorities, for example good h ealth, dexterity and a readiness for silliness.

I hope I'm wrong but taking a long shot but I just think his patience with youngsters is short. And it h appens all the time that some people still need more coddling themselves, and I suspect there is feeling of loss with them. I'm sure though right now through these years since he boasts of "I am a father"then he just avail himself when he gets the mood or desire.

Its hard to guess or speculate what is in his mind re having a legal child. He has said he plans to several times, but ye gads. He will certainly be an aged father, it would be like he's the grandfather when the kid gets to be a teenager or early teener.

I recall Agnell of Fiat having lots of fun skiiing with his grandsons, but they would go home when the fun is over.Age brings on other priorities, for example good h ealth, dexterity and a readiness for silliness.

I hope I'm wrong but taking a long shot but I just think his patience with youngsters is short. And it h appens all the time that some people still need more coddling themselves, and I suspect there is feeling of loss with them. I'm sure though right now through these years since he boasts of "I am a father"then he just avail himself when he gets the mood or desire.

Correction--I suspect there is NO feeling of loss with them.

Stéphane Bern writes about Charlene (not very nice things...)

Stéphane Bern is a very famous royal journalist in the French-speaking countries. Although I don´t appreciate him one must have to admit he is VERY close to the Grimaldis.
And he says Charlene cannot speak, cannot speak French either, cannot dress properly and remains a protestant.
According to him she has a long way to go before a wedding.

Le prince Albert de Monaco et Charlene: pourquoi ils hésitent encore | LeMatin.ch

Stéphane Bern is a very famous royal journalist in the French-speaking countries. Although I don´t appreciate him one must have to admit he is VERY close to the Grimaldis.
And he says Charlene cannot speak, cannot speak French either, cannot dress properly and remains a protestant.

Le prince Albert de Monaco et Charlene: pourquoi ils hésitent encore | LeMatin.ch
Oh, it could be an interesting article. Sorry I don't understand French. Could you translate it English? Thanks a lot!

:previous: Well, using the google translator (i don't know if it too reliable) it says basically what we all know: She is a calm, down to earth person, she can't speak french yet but apparently she is still learning the language, and wants to improve her french.
It also says that Albert has learn the lesson from the previous marriage that took place in Monaco (his parents marriage) and that he doesn't like at all the media presure, it's not appealing for a marriage (or something like that).
Charlene is going to be compared to Grace (as we all know) and that that is unfair because the only thing they have in common is that they are both blonde and beautiful (according to the article).
It says that Charlene is still protestant but is taking some clases to convert to catholisicism.
And the last thing that i can't understand very well (because of this translator) i think is that Albert is fighting for the Principality to not be in the grey list of heaven taxes anymore.

If one is to believe BUNTE's Stefan Blatt, Charlene has already made such an impact on the Monegasques that (he says) they venerate her as a Princess!

("...Charlene ist zur staendigen Begleiterin Alberts geworden und wird von den Monegassen schon wie eine Fuerstin verehrt")

Blatt also states that the Monegasque ladies curtsey to her.

The event in question was Bellini's opera "Norma" which Albert attended with Caroline and Charlene.

BUNTE Royal: Premiere und ein Abschied - BUNTE
I think " Norma" has the drama you say Bunte states.This is quite exaggerated that anyone venerates Miss Wittstock.I think time will tell if she has earned the respect of the Monegasques.Deo Juvante

As long as Miss Wittsock remains a Protestant according to Rainier's will there cannot be wedding bells. If Cw is behind in her French lessons she should catch up not for anyone else but herself as she has done with her appearance.If there is an iota of truth in that she has a long distance to traverse before marriage then I send my best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom