Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that Albert is hoping for more media coverage, then why not invite Hollywood celebrities? How else can he get it?
I'd wager half of all Americans have only the vaguest idea where Monaco is; and probably more don't know of any Royalty other than the British.

(If Albert wanted publicity, he should have married an American!)

now there is not a hollywood people in the official guests list but there are now on the guests list presidents of the republics, (France, germany, lethonie esthony, Irlande,) the president of the europa Manuel Barroso, personality of the ioc and so and royal families. there a personality of the science Piccard, the patron of industry Arnaud Lagardère. The list is not finished.
There will be surely holywood people, but it is nothing besides the personalities I said.
There are the royal families.
The prince doesn't need publicity, There are 1500 photographs , 50 tv announced. It is big for a small land as Monaco.
The rest is bla bla for the forums, if Usa Media does not speak about the wedding, no matter, here in France we cannot open a newspaper without reading about something about the wedding, America continent is not the middle of the world

The prince doesn't need publicity, There are 1500 photographs , 50 tv announced. It is big for a small land as Monaco.
The rest is bla bla for the forums, if Usa Media does not speak about the wedding, no matter, here in France we cannot open a newspaper without reading about something about the wedding, America continent is not the middle of the world

I was just joking. :flowers:

this afternoon on monaco matin, there are another officials names on the guest list
The all royal family of Belgium
The president of the german republique
the president of EU Manuel Barroso
Arnaud Lagardère
Noami Campbell
Other names to morrow on monaco matin ,Monaco matin says this afternoon

Do we have more names?? :flowers:

Have Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock set a wedding date? I'm been sort of out of the loop here.

Have Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock set a wedding date? I'm been sort of out of the loop here.

Friday 1st July
5.00pm : The civil wedding will take place in the Throne Room of the Prince's Palace.

Saturday 2nd July
5.00pm : The religious wedding will take place in the Main Courtyard of the Prince's Palace.

Whole program here:
The program - Prince’s Palace of Monaco

Yes Prince Albert,finally! His princess is very young and beautiful!
I don't like him,but she is lovely!

Oooohh, poor Albert ! I don't like her, but he is lovely !!

:))

OOps, Renata, you snuk in before I could ask:

What don't you like about Albert? You think he's not cute? Just wondering.

I have some really high expectations for this wedding, even if it is getting less coverage than Wills and Kate's. First, not only is this a state occasion, but the wedding of a REIGNING
sovereign. When was the last time that happened? In Europe, I think that would be King Carl Gustaf of Sweden in 1976 (Correct me if I'm wrong). I'm really exciting about the dress because Princess Grace had THE most beautiful wedding dress of all time (IMO) and Charlene is pulling out her big Armani guns to live up to that. Yeah, the Windsors have more media coverage, but I don't think they've really churned out any great, timeless wedding dresses (Diana's dress was memorable but not exactly classic. Princess Margaret's dress might be the only one). Finally, they're having a summer wedding with a religious ceremony in the courtyard and not a cathedral, so I'm betting Charlene and Armani will take full advantage and create something that's sexier than most royal wedding gowns. Although I deeply hope that there will be nothing strapless or looks like one of those numerous cookie-cutter, mass-produced wedding dresses out there.

Princesses have to be tough cookies, as we all know, and the new tough cookie on the block is amongst the toughest, I surmise.

We are no longer in fairyland with Grace and Diana.

I'm so glad the W & K had a romantic dress, handcrafted by many volunteers from the Royal School of Needlework.

Empress, me too. I can't believe it but I've had a couple of "belly churning" moments in anticipation. I have an idea that her gown will be along the lines of the evening gown she wore to the pre-dinner in London, but with more stuff on or around her shoulders. This time, I don't even care if she is strapless (Yikes!). It's not inside the church where my strapless objections reside.

I'm hoping I can find a live, streaming channel of some sort here in the U.S. of A.

I´m waiting this wedding just because it will be great a chance to see foreign royals, hopefully they will show them more than at the british wedding. As for Albert and Charlene, they don´t interest me at all.

KittyAtlanta, you will be able to see the whole shebang on Monaco Info - guaranteed - but probably in French....

Accueil*>*Monaco Info en ligne(Fr)

Try and start practising if you can. There's already a huge amount of wedding-related stuff.
But this morning there was a clip of PA in France.... apart from the usual announcements - pharmacy opening / what's on etc.

Let me know if you can't get it going...

Last edited:
frederik, mary, joachim and marie will attend the wedding...only one day(why?)

http://www.kongehuset.dk/aktuelt/kalender

reading the drf's site, the IOC reunion will be on 4-9 of july, and frederik will attend it... albert is a member of the IOC as fred, so, that means(he changed the wedding date because of that reunion) that albert and charlene will not have a honeymoon? at least until that reunion(a 6-day reunion) finishes...

I'm wondering who we'll see from Spain!

as i read on some spanish forums, felipe and letizia will go to the wedding. i read that on the monaco's site f&l were included in the gest list. i don't know if it's true, but everyone thinks they will attend the wedding.

I´m waiting this wedding just because it will be great a chance to see foreign royals, hopefully they will show them more than at the british wedding. As for Albert and Charlene, they don´t interest me at all.

totally agree. i don't like albert and charlene either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Angieuk.

There is a long article on the Monaco-Matin wedding site about this car.

I have also written something on this thread - #120:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/pa2-and-the-environment-flash-or-substance-16484-6.html

MissMaryanne and Lady Finn....

... are we the only three who aren't smitten with PA and CW ?

I'm more interested in Monaco as a dwarf state, also in its politics and culture and its people.

I have visited Monaco more than once, but didn't like the highrise buildings.....

Kittyatlanta, you will have the news about monaco info site at each time round, for exemple at 8 am 9am 10am , there are the news of the yesterday evening, the same at every hour, you will have fresh news at 7 pm and so.
On facebook, at the official wedding of Monaco there are photos of the hybrid car for the wedding.
I do not understand the persons who saythat they do not like the couple but will watch because they want to see the other royals, they like. For me, I do not watch the wedding, althrough they are the royals Ilike, I keep my tv off and I make other thing reading, taking a walk and so. It happened two times, but I will not say the name of the couple who married because I do not like critizing persons

The New York Times
The Quiet Royal Wedding

FOR four years, Charlene Wittstock lived mostly in the shadows, waiting for Prince Albert II of Monaco to propose. With no job, no college degree and no knowledge of French, she was installed by him in a small apartment in the center of the tiny Mediterranean principality, far away from home in South Africa. With no official status, she appeared at the side of the prince when summoned, to smile a lot but to say little.

She endured the nastiness of the locals, who gossiped about Prince Albert’s love affairs and predicted that he would never marry her. She stayed silent as stories were embellished about his siring of two children, one with an airline hostess from Togo, the other with an American tourist from California. She bided her time by swimming, gardening, lunching, playing golf and reading in a cafe.

But Ms. Wittstock, a South African national swimming champion who competed in the 2000 Summer Olympics, applied to her love life the same determination, perseverance and stamina that had inspired her backstroke.

“There was meanness, there were jealousies,” said Stéphane Bern, a celebrity French journalist who has known her for four years. “There was the indecision of the prince. Her every move was watched and judged. But she is very strong, very natural and very direct. And it worked.”

Florícolas envían hoy diez mil rosas para boda real en Mónaco - JUN. 23, 2011 - Economía - EL UNIVERSO

Ecuador is sending 10,000 roses of different variaties to Monaco tonight.The white and cream coloured roses are from the 'Instituto de Promoción de Exportaciones e Inversiones' (ProEcuador) as part of their program to promote Ecuatorian roses.It has been collected from 35 farms.

I personally found this as a lovely gesture..I love flowers!:flowers:

burnt...I think you have my vote for POST OF THE DAY.

I had low expectations for the Will/Kat wedding and look what happened...I thought it was beautiful and inspirational.

Monaco is not like any other place...it is a mixture of everything you describe. I will lower my expectations and hope for the best!

I will be on the look out for Mel Gibson at the wedding only for you ::lol:
I am now very excited to see all the lovely gowns and jewelries of the royal ladies.

MissMaryanne and Lady Finn....

... are we the only three who aren't smitten with PA and CW ?

I'm more interested in Monaco as a dwarf state, also in its politics and culture and its people.

I have visited Monaco more than once, but didn't like the highrise buildings.....

i like monaco as a tourism place, but that's all. i'm interested in the wedding just to see the royal guests.

(....)

Florícolas envían hoy diez mil rosas para boda real en Mónaco - JUN. 23, 2011 - Economía - EL UNIVERSO

Ecuador is sending 10,000 roses of different variaties to Monaco tonight.The white and cream coloured roses are from the 'Instituto de Promoción de Exportaciones e Inversiones' (ProEcuador) as part of their program to promote Ecuatorian roses.It has been collected from 35 farms.

I personally found this as a lovely gesture..I love flowers!:flowers:

Oh....now this is what gets my heart to going a-flutter...sounds beautiful doesn't it? :whistling:

Oh....now this is what gets my heart to going a-flutter...sounds beautiful doesn't it? :whistling:

Beautiful indeed!..I can't wait to see the floral arrangements..Monaco is known for producing spectacular ones like the ones at The Red Cross Gala or The Ball of the Rose.

that doesn't affect me either. i just say what i see. and i see a copy of grace in charlene.

Are they streaming the video live in Puerto Rico? I hope so..

btw,I'm curious about my own Royal Family (Spain)..I wonder who are going to be their representative at the wedding,considering PA's godmother was the late Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain and his parents were quite close with her children.

well, they maybe will cover the wedding, but obviously not as the british wedding. the coverage here began at 2:00 a.m.!!!!

and if they don't do it, i still have the opportunity to watch it on the web...

what i read on some forums is that felipe and letizia will go. i don't know if it's for sure.

Last edited:
well, they maybe will cover the wedding, but obviously not as the british wedding. the coverage here began at 2:00 a.m.!!!!

and if they don't do it, i still have the opportunity to watch it on the web...

2:00am?!..oh I did'nt know. I'm going to watch this wedding online too..I'm just hoping that the feed won't die on me LOL

(...)

Yes, and the fact that this is not exactly a royal wedding. She would never have been invited to one. Is Kim Kardasian also attending?:whistling:

Rosana, I believe all the Kardashians are attending. Some of them will be naked, but I don't know which ones, yet. Each of them is expected to wear a tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom