Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there isn't.
I expect there'll be some photos in the tabloids of the wedding events, but otherwise I'd have to say there's not a lot of interest here.
There really hasn't been much coverage since Stephanie was young and dating actors like Rob Lowe. But since then, nothing!

We'll probably have to watch online.

Well there was a little coverage with Albert's children.

I noticed several posters from overseas who did not find "The Wedding" very interesting.

Here in Europe, it's probably more direct - at least we're living on the same continent :)

There were about three interviews that Albert had in the U.S. concerning Alexander. E.g Larry King, and ABC's Dianne Sawyer and a few others. I think people were interested in the story because Alexander is half black, so it was like an unfulfilled fairy tale.

"Unfulfilled fairy tale??!" I suppose it depends on what your idea of a fairy tale is...the Nicole/Albert/Alexandre situation certainly was not my idea of one..no matter what race the principals were...it was as sordid and depressing as it gets and both Nicole and Albert should have been ashamed of themselves.:sad: They both behaved very badly, imo.

I hope that gorgeous little boy is able to transcend all the muck and have a good life, he deserves at least that.

That goes for Jazmin Rotolo as well.

ETA: One of the reasons the American media was so into the story was certainly because of Alexandre and Nicole's race, but they were also interested in Jazmin.

Let's face it...scandal and smut sells.

Last edited:
I concur with that Moon. If the story had ended differently it could have been. That is all I meant.

Albert made the press/tabloids and Entertainment shows in the States when he was dating Americans. He made the front page of Tabs from time to time when he was dating Alicia Warlick. He didn't even get mention in the local paper until he actually visited a few months back. The wedding should make the press except I'm not expecting much.

Albert made the press/tabloids and Entertainment shows in the States when he was dating Americans. He made the front page of Tabs from time to time when he was dating Alicia Warlick. He didn't even get mention in the local paper until he actually visited a few months back. The wedding should make the press except I'm not expecting much.

The wedding has been reported by CBS (national US TV network) and by the Toronto news (The Star) within the day.
Although not carried by all of the news networks, the wedding is getting exposure in North America. The news has also been carried in People magazine (Future Princess Charlene Wittstock's Grand Prix Weekend Wear) and several other news outlets when reporting on other Monaco events.

I expect other news networks (globally) will carry information as the event nears. Unless it's new...don't expect the news to carry it.

Last edited:
The wedding has been reported by CBS (national US TV network) and by the Toronto news (The Star) within the day.
Although not carried by all of the news networks, the wedding is getting exposure in North America. The news has also been carried in People magazine (Future Princess Charlene Wittstock's Grand Prix Weekend Wear) and several other news outlets when reporting on other Monaco events.

I expect other news networks (globally) will carry information as the event nears. Unless it's new...don't expect the news to carry it.
I'm glad you have seen it I haven't. Nothing in our papers.

There was a blurb in Star Magazine last week, accompanied by a photo of CW and PA taken at the WillKat wedding last month.

It said the three day nuptial celebration will be "lavish".

Yeah. What a revelation...we had no idea.:ermm:

Mariage Princier:

Eagles Concert at the Stade Louis II :

There are 15,000 tickets available, free for the Monegasques, as well as residents and inhabitants of the neighbouring communities.

Jason Hartman from South Africa will be the warm-up; he was chosen by Charlene.

There won't be any DVDs nor TV capture

Concert des Eagles : retirez vite vos places ! | Nice-Matin

As you can see on the last videos, the weather is very fine in the South of the France. For the wedding, You will see the beautiful mittelmeer and the sun during the ceremonies because as you are on the place of the palace, you see the sea around you, the palace is on the rock upon the town Monte Carlo

It is only for the people of Monaco and residents and the people which live around Monaco but work in Monaco.
There will not be tv but I hope we will get some photos because it is the beginning of the festivities.
Prince Albert and Charlene choose Jason Hartman they have good taste because he have good songs, and it is not because he is south Africa that he is bad, he is young and he is a rocker

Papers??? I'm totally electronic! :whistling:
I'm a paper person for judging press interest. :flowers: Its that reason so many people ask who when you mention the Monaco family. Grace Kelly the older people remember especially when her face was all over the grocery store check outs. Albert got a two page spread with his children in the last one I saw nothing about Charlene. I think she is only on the radar of the Royal watchers because she isn't American. If she was it would have been like they did with Mary Wayte and Alicia Warlick pushing for another Princely marriage since we have already had two Princess of Monaco. For those who don't know Marie Alice Heine born in New Orleans was the first married to Albert I.

I am not surprised that american newspapers do not talk about the wedding of Monaco, because many people there do not know where is our country the France. For them there is one royalty the english family, the other royals do not count.If Grace Kelly was not an american actriss, but if she was italien or german or other nationality, the newspapers would never speak of her and there was the big Hollywood team behind her which made publicity, the arrival by boat at monaco, the interviews, the dress of the bride and the holliwood controled also the wedding ceremony.
Last year, the wedding of Princess Victoria was not famous, there was only the swedish Tv and a german tv which boardcasted the wedding of the princess happily we had internet to watch the wedding. The TV said there would no people who would watch the ceremony, a pity for a princess who was the heir of Sweden and the ceremony and the fests after were more attractiv than the wedding of Prince William and Kate, but William was an english prince.
For the case of the prince of Monaco, there will be 50 tv which will boardcast and many photographs

There have been a few mentions in the press about the wedding, but it's not really on the radar. Surprisingly I've heard more about Kate Moss' upcoming wedding, than I have about Monaco's. I guess there just isn't much interest.

I think the wedding will get a mention or two, but I don't believe the American press will cover it extensively. Especially since Kate and William's overseas tour and Kate Moss' wedding will also be happening during that time.

Last edited:
It is only for the people of Monaco and residents and the people which live around Monaco but work in Monaco.
There will not be tv but I hope we will get some photos because it is the beginning of the festivities.
Prince Albert and Charlene choose Jason Hartman they have good taste because he have good songs, and it is not because he is south Africa that he is bad, he is young and he is a rocker

Is it true that Paul McCartney will perform as well? I would think they should be promoting HIM more than the Eagles...who I like very much but they are kind of...70's..and when were they last in the spotlight?

Finally, I couldn't care less who the Press covers most extensively. I am sure they will be all over WillKat's tour, but all I am going to be looking for is the Monaco wedding! :whistling::)

As for Kate Moss?? I seriously don't care at all.

I don't care about Kate Moss either, but the press seems to love her.

I wasn't trying to knock the Monaco wedding, my comment was just a continuation on the conversation about whether the American press is/will be covering the wedding.

soapstar...I know what you meant and I happen to agree with you 100%:cool:

I have no doubt that on the front page of People Magazine for the week of the Monaco wedding, the headlines will be "WILLIAM AND KATE TAKE CANADA BY STORM!!

The small photo in the lower left of the page will have Albert/Charlene...if they are lucky.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one who doesn't "get" Kate Moss or her appeal.

I never have.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, that will definitely be the People headline. Hopefully Hello will give Albert and Charlene the full cover.

I don't closely follow the Monaco family, but it sounds like this wedding is going to be very glamorous. I'm looking forward to it. Will Monaco be streaming the wedding on YouTube?

I definitely don't get Kate Moss's appeal. She always looks messy.

Last edited:
I think that along with extensive press coverage in such an event comes the same amount of criticism and animosity especially given the economic climate right now. As much as William and Kate's wedding attracted a lot of attention in the US, a lot of Americans also expressed dismay over the "unnecessary" press coverage and fascination for a Royal Family that may not be significant in modern times. In a way, less coverage means less haters, which is always a good thing!!!

So in a way, Monaco is able to escape that negative publicity. By not being as well-covered by the American media, Prince Albert and Charlene are able to maintain that elite aura in the sense that their wedding is not for the "mainstream" followers but for the really knowledgeable and for the royal followers. After all, the principality of Monaco is not your common, average place.

I find it weird that here in the US we have a lot of special commemorative magazines of the English Royal Wedding in the supermarkets that are simply collecting dust. After the build-up is a major dose of reality -- nice to see that the wedding turned out fine, but to pay 15 bucks for a magazine that shows the same pics over and over? So it is understandable for these publications not to invest the same resources and energy on a principality that is slightly bigger than a neighborhood block and whose prince is in his 50's, regardless of whose son he is.

It's just like US press coverage between Kate Middleton and Charlotte Casiraghi. Obviously, the Duchess of Cambridge is much more well known and publicized, but there will be those who are aware of Grace Kelly's granddaughter. And for those who will encounter her for the first time in a rare magazine article or photo, they will agree that, hey, this Charlotte Casiraghi is one seriously gorgeous gal. I think the same will happen for the Royal Weddings. The general public in the US will not thirst for coverage, but when they do read about it or see a pic, perhaps they will remember or realize that this is the same country Grace Kelly became a princess in, that this is the same principality where they had this rebel princess who had short hair, and that they do have some great-looking royal family.

And I'm sure that when news programs show bits of the ceremony, we will have those black and white flashbacks of Rainier and Grace along with it. I think the fact that it won't be too commercialized will actually make it more special, elegant and dignified.

We may live in "global" times, but the wedding of PR and PG was truly iconic, whereas the impending PA/CW version may not capture people's imagination.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, that will definitely be the People headline. Hopefully Hello will give Albert and Charlene the full cover.

I don't closely follow the Monaco family, but it sounds like this wedding is going to be very glamorous. I'm looking forward to it. Will Monaco be streaming the wedding on YouTube?

I definitely don't get Kate Moss's appeal. She always looks messy.

HELLO Magazine will give PA/CW it's cover??! :lol: This is the same magazine that practically coaxed and pleaded with Prince William to marry KM...they promoted her so intensely that I seriously began to think that someone on their staff was a relative!

No, they will definitely give WillKat in North America the cover, I bet.

I am counting on Point de Vue, Royals, and Paris Match for the extensive coverage of the Monaco nuptials. ;)
Thank goodness I read French well, otherwise I would be out of luck.

BTW mtatum...wonderful post...well put! I could not agree more with everything you said. Imagine if Charlotte Casiraghi had been the one bearing the Duchess of Cambridge's train instead of Pippa Middleton...the American press would have been beside themselves.

Charlotte is a true beauty and the grandaughter of an icon...unlike Pippa who seems to be purely a creation of the media. Charlotte's life would become unbearable if the American tabloids and public at large became really aware of her and her equally gorgeous brothers.

Last edited:
I think we need to be patient. I think the US will cover the wedding to some extent, but Monaco is so small that the press can't send a big crew over a month ahead of time. The hotels are probably being held for them for about a week. This is their big tourist season. PA said there will be some surprises. I also think a 5:00 pm Saturday wedding was set for American coverage. The other 2 weddings times were set for European coverage. I am hoping Ms Obama will go since PA is half American. What would be really awesome is if Princess Alexandra invited the 2 girls also.

HELLO Magazine will give PA/CW it's cover??! :lol: This is the same magazine that practically coaxed and pleaded with Prince William to marry KM...they promoted her so intensely that I seriously began to think that someone on their staff was a relative!

No, they will definitely give WillKat in North America the cover, I bet.

:lol: But to be fair, the Hello editor has said that the recent Kate covers have been their biggest selling issues. It's all about the money.

I don't speak French, so I hope some of the US magazines will have some decent coverage.

I didn't think about the hotel situation, FanofMonaco. That could very well be another reason why their isn't much US press yet.

Like Churchill PA is half American and so the fascination via Grace his adored mother will be there.Coverage should be there but the global world and information highway has become blase.... about royals and nobility which Pa is.However I still think that due to Grace and Rainier this marriage will be covered. via various mediums.It would have been even better that they had still lived to be around.Wishful thinking!
I look forward to seeing the Monaco nuptuals and all the Grimaldis together.

:lol: But to be fair, the Hello editor has said that the recent Kate covers have been their biggest selling issues. It's all about the money.

I don't speak French, so I hope some of the US magazines will have some decent coverage.

I didn't think about the hotel situation, FanofMonaco. That could very well be another reason why their isn't much US press yet.

All of the really elegant, grand hotels on the Riviera are probably going to be occupied by PA and CW's wedding guests that weekend...so accomodations for the world's press is an issue I didn't even think about.:whistling:

As you can see on the last videos, the weather is very fine in the South of the France. For the wedding, You will see the beautiful mittelmeer and the sun during the ceremonies because as you are on the place of the palace, you see the sea around you, the palace is on the rock upon the town Monte Carlo

My God...this sounds fantastic. Visually it is going to be every bit as stunning as the interior of Westminster Abbey. :whistling:

One of the things I love about Monaco is the views of the Mediterranean Sea from practically everywhere you are.

I am getting soo impatient for this wedding to happen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom