Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Charlene. I doubt she will understand a word he is saying! Whatever the rights or wrongs of it Albert should be helping her more with her French.

If (or when) Charlene becomes proficient in French, PA can always switch to Spanish, German or Italian - if he wants to muddy the waters.:whistling:

Have we heard her speak since that interview which she was slated for?
If not, then her french may have improved.

It would take a miracle for CW to learn French at this stage of the proceedings !

I just hope she doesn't fluff her lines at the marriage service .....

At this stage? Like I said, if we haven't heard her since the interview then we don't know the level of her french. Don't slate her for something we don't know about.

suspect Albert was rather a lonely man before Charlene came along. She makes him happy he her; I hope they have a few years together before the children come along. As Jane Austen would say .... they have a good a chance as any of being happy [entering the marriage stake] (or is it state?]!

I am sure Edward and Sophie will enjoy the day of the wedding too as Royal guests.

I suspect Albert was rather a lonely man before Charlene came along. She makes him happy he her; I hope they have a few years together before the children come along. As Jane Austen would say .... they have a good a chance as any of being happy [entering the marriage stake] (or is it state?]!

I don't think they have a few years to spare!
He's already in his mid-fifties, she in her mid-thirties; they had better not wait any longer. (Especially since the risk factor increases with age).

He's that '..old? There is nothing wrong being mid 50's..but....wow..kids this late in life..Oy Vey..

How did they meet? I missed that.

I think Charlene will do very well with Albert by her side. The wedding day will be exiting too. Charlene said she has a large family. I wonder how many of her relatives/friends will be arriving in Monaco. Grace's entourage was huge!

Mariage Princier - May 30th

The Brasserie de Monaco has come up with a special beer for the wedding: "une bière rose" - a pink beer!

Only available on the wedding days, and served on tables with the Monegasque flag. Also at the Jean-Michel Jarre concert at the Stade Louis II...

It is a white malt beer "bio" / ecolo...

Une bière rose pour le mariage princier | Nice-Matin

It's been three years since my last post, when I predicted that these two would get hitched -- and almost got my eyes scratched out here on this forum in the process. From time to time I've checked back to follow 'public opinion', and you have all been a great source of information. Thank you for that! :flowers: Aaaaanyways, I was wondering... if you could choose a suitable/appropriate wedding dress for Charlene, what would you put her in? Pictures please!

PS: Wedding dress, that is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the dresscode for the various festivities will be?

I'm hoping for lots of outfit changes!

ANOTHER GUEST CONFIRMATION!
This time none other than my favorites, The Duke and Duchess of Braganca will be representing the Portuguese royal family at the Monegasque royal wedding.
Família Real Portuguesa: SS.AA.RR., OS SENHORES DUQUES DE BRAGANÇA VÃO ESTAR PRESENTES NO CASAMENTO DO PRÍNCIPE ALBERTO DO MÓNACO

What exciting news! In the article the "protocol expert" was saying that the appropriate thing to wear would be hats, but she could and probably is making an assumption that hats will be worn, I'm still hoping for tiaras as it is 5 PM.

The Duke and Duchess of Braganca eh? When was the last time we saw them at a Royal wedding...was it the wedding of Charles-Philippe d'Orleans and Diana de Cadaval?

This is shaping up to be quite the Royal shindig. Albert seems to be pulling out the stops. :flowers:

Thanks jonc93 !

Hmm it seems the Orleans-Cadaval wedding was the last major one they attended, but in October of 2009 they were at the wedding of Princess Isabel of Orleans Braganca. They would have attended Victoria of Sweden's wedding, but strangely they weren't invited, yet they were to the Kings 60th Birthday events, there was an article about it around the time of the wedding!
So we have, confirmed the King and Queen of Sweden, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden and Prince Carl-Philip and princess Madeleine of Sweden along with the Duke and Duchess of Braganca and also sort of confirmed Princess Maxima. Quite a nice group so far!! :)

I find it strange that, one month before the Event, there isn't a complete guest list.

The (potential) guests would, by now, have sorted out their diaries ......

Monseigneur Barsi will certainly conduct the religious ceremony in French, and possibly partly in Latin.....

The civil ceremony will be conducted by Philippe Narmino (the registrar) in French, though I suppose it's possible that some English might be used in the latter event.

I asked this because last month I really enjoyed the Cambridge wedding as it was delivered in English but if this one would be in full French it would be difficult for me to enjoy. Last year, I watched Crown Princess Victoria's wedding, it was a beautiful ceremony but I didn't understand a word they say so it dampened the spirit.

I find it strange that, one month before the Event, there isn't a complete guest list.

The (potential) guests would, by now, have sorted out their diaries ......

Maybe there is, but they haven't released it.

The two ceremonies will be conducted in french, we are in Monaco, the language is french.but I think the reporter will translate for the strangers.
There was a documentary last week on the wedding at the french tv. A man of the palace said there were many tv of different countries which ask to be there for boatdcasting the wedding, TV of europa, tv of Australie, japan and also a chinese tv. He said that there will be many cameras and for the tv which wants to show his own representants, there would be privat camera who will show them during the ceremony. For example, if the belgia tv wants to show the crown prince couple during the ceremony, there will be (if the tv wants) a privat camera which can show the princes during the ceremony.
The concert of Jean Michel Jarre will be boardcast internationaly, and you tube will boardcast.
I saw on Monaco info, a report of the repetions of the offering of the bouquet to the sainte Devote, it will be very beautiful with songs. It will be boardcasted.
every day, we have news on the wedding, to day, there is a report on Monaco Matin which talks about the news trumpets for the carabinieries.
The ZDf tv asks to be there all the day, the tv wants to show the entry of the royals and dignitaries at their hotel, the tv wants to be at the place of the palace to show what happens during this day before the ceremony and after the ceremony.

thank you Renata for giving this news, being back from holidays in turkie, I had not the courage to translate

Glad to see you back !! We'll need you more than ever in the next few weeks.... :))

PS: I promise to do the web links for you :)

Last edited:
The two ceremonies will be conducted in french, we are in Monaco, the language is french.but I think the reporter will translate for the strangers.
There was a documentary last week on the wedding at the french tv. A man of the palace said there were many tv of different countries which ask to be there for boatdcasting the wedding, TV of europa, tv of Australie, japan and also a chinese tv. He said that there will be many cameras and for the tv which wants to show his own representants, there would be privat camera who will show them during the ceremony. For example, if the belgia tv wants to show the crown prince couple during the ceremony, there will be (if the tv wants) a privat camera which can show the princes during the ceremony.
The concert of Jean Michel Jarre will be boardcast internationaly, and you tube will boardcast.
I saw on Monaco info, a report of the repetions of the offering of the bouquet to the sainte Devote, it will be very beautiful with songs. It will be boardcasted.
every day, we have news on the wedding, to day, there is a report on Monaco Matin which talks about the news trumpets for the carabinieries.
The ZDf tv asks to be there all the day, the tv wants to show the entry of the royals and dignitaries at their hotel, the tv wants to be at the place of the palace to show what happens during this day before the ceremony and after the ceremony.

Good to hear you said a chinese tv will broadcast the ceremony. I'm looking forward to watch it. Thanks, keep us updated on this grand wedding.

On the site newscom there are the photos of the stamps, cards commemoring the wedding, there are blues cards with the photo of the couple, it is said the official photo of the couple, but I never see it, I think it is a (montage), , but the cards are very beautiful,

The Roman Catholic Mass in French:

Ordinaire de la messe en français

This is the stuff that CW will have to make some sense of, before the religious ceremony !!

The responses to the Mass in ANY language are pretty simple to follow, and since CW has assisted at several Catholic Masses during her time in the Principality, she almost certainly has the hang of it by now(when to stand, when to kneel, make the Sign of the Cross, etc)

She is probably being counseled and assisted in the French AND Latin responses as we speak(I mention Latin because I have noticed that High Masses in the Principality almost always use Latin, including the funerals of Princess Grace, Stefano Casiraghi and Princess Antoinette and also PA's Mass of Inthronement)

I think the current pope (Benedict XVI) is very partial to the Mass in Latin but, I think it's called the Mass in the Extraordinary Rite to distinguish it form the old pre Vatican II Latin Mass(the Tridentine)

I have attended Tridentine Masses and found them very, very confusing. It was so embarrassing to constantly lose my place in my Missal and have to ask for help....I am Catholic but came of age after Vatican II. It involves a LOT more than just using Latin...I don't know how older Catholics managed! :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom